Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

Oil cartels.

F@rker

Agree wholeheartedly. Previously when Iraq war was ongoing, SGD to USD exchange rate was 1.3+, while crude was USD140+, petrol was going for S$1.8+ per litre. Now crude is USD90+ and exchange rate is 1.27 and petrol is still going at S$2.19 per litre?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Knn I didn't know new SPC&U 17% discount... Else I will get 17%+6% POSB+ $2 coupon... Yesterday SPC got Q so I steight drive to Caltex.. only have a lousy 13 or 15% with Caltex card + OCBC card plus caltex already more expensive than SPC.. I kanna carrot.. lucky I'm those always pump 25-30litre type, not full tank

POSB also giving out $2 coupon?

Right now the UOB 20% is probably the most value for money. I'm neutral towards petrol brand. I tried the various brands, all the different brand's FC sama sama when measure over 12 mths.

POSB also giving out $2 coupon?

Right now the UOB 20% is probably the most value for money. I'm neutral towards petrol brand. I tried the various brands, all the different brand's FC sama sama when measure over 12 mths.

Any UOB card? Up front 20%?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Agree wholeheartedly. Previously when Iraq war was ongoing, SGD to USD exchange rate was 1.3+, while crude was USD140+, petrol was going for S$1.8+ per litre. Now crude is USD90+ and exchange rate is 1.27 and petrol is still going at S$2.19 per litre?

$2.19? That's the official price.

Pumping $60 gross at SPC gets you about 27L. With the 20% discount, you're getting petrol at about $1.70+/L.

Iraq War was in 2003. If you factor in inflation (ie: weakening purchasing power of $1 in 2014 compared to 2003), pricing may be the same?

Any UOB card? Up front 20%?

Yes upfront, any UOB VISA or MasterCard. Must pump $60 gross.

@sg2303 mentioned that if you register a new SPC card online, additional 2%.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

The duty imposed on 97 RON and above by the government is $7.10 per dal (every 10 liters). So for a liter V power (as an example) at say $2.40 per liter, almost 30% of it goes to government coffers. Alternatively, you can say pump price (per liter of Shell V power at $2.40) increased 42% with the imposed duty.

• Praise 1

ExxonMobil (with DBS) and SPC (with POSB) discounts more straight forward.

Other permutations, too complicated and never as good as above.

Whats the cheapest discount for Caltex? Been pumping SPC for years, thought of a change.

• Praise 2

Thats true...Why CASE so silent? Maybe they dont drive.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Whats the cheapest discount for Caltex? Been pumping SPC for years, thought of a change.

stick with SPC, its still cheaper.

i have a $2 off every $50 coupon due to Tanjong Katong Station being closed for renovations.

So pump $65 in Oct 2014, Take 17% off. then minus $2 for coupon. minus $3 for UOB card, then another 3% rebate for UOB one card. works out to be $47.48.

for 95octane which is at $2.19/L at the pumps, works out to be $1.60/L after all the discounts.

• Praise 3

Thats true...Why CASE so silent? Maybe they dont drive.

Case only takes on those small fries like school bus drivers or tour agents....

Want them to take on the oil cartel? Tan ku ku....

• Praise 1

ExxonMobil (with DBS) and SPC (with POSB) discounts more straight forward.

Other permutations, too complicated and never as good as above.

Agreed straight forward. No need stress d brain. Previously, I used Mobil with DBS card. Now use SPC with POSB card. Best discount.

• Praise 1

Don't know why leh.

Tried 95/98 on a few occasions on almost empty tank and after a while of driving the computer will show "Depollution System Faulty"

Or else I chiong SPC liao. Most discounted petrol in SG.

All other brands no such problem. [:(]

Don't jump into conclusion lah

Agreed not all cars are suitable to use SPC. But, I know SPC is suitable for older cars. I got a relative driving a very old Merc (more than years), use other brands, no power but used SPC got the power.

so what is the total for spc+posb card?

i believe mobil + citi dividend = 14% nia...

I know SPC got d best discount. If I remember correctly, it's 21% using POSB Everyday card. But, again as I said not all car is suitable to use SPC. My Jap car not problem.

I know SPC got d best discount. If I remember correctly, it's 21% using POSB Everyday card. But, again as I said not all car is suitable to use SPC. My Jap car not problem.

petrol is petrol and just a fuel, dont think the difference is so drastic. Personally i feel spc petrol is inferior in my butt feel.

but if 21%.......butt feel or not, not important anymore. [:(]

Edited by Hamburger
↡ Advertisement