Proton Exora#2

SGXora

I recently encountered the similar prbolem, after diagnosed, one of the ABS Sensor cable faulty. Replaced it (M$185), problem solved.

bro...which shop u went?

Sorry have to answer you at te new topic.

i went to the nearest Proton Service Agent located at Gelang Patah, after you came out from Second Link and headed to Gelang Patah direction, turn right from the first traffic juction, then at the second traffic light juction, turn right and turn left, you will see the "workshop" at the end of the road. biggrin.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

I recently encountered the similar prbolem, after diagnosed, one of the ABS Sensor cable faulty. Replaced it (M$185), problem solved.

bro...which shop u went?

i went to the nearest Proton Service Agent located at Gelang Patah, after you came out from Second Link and headed to Gelang Patah direction, turn right from the first traffic juction, then at the second traffic light juction, turn right and turn left, you will see the "workshop" at the end of the road. :D

oh ok. tot if u go normal shop will be cheaper. hehehe.

• Praise 6

This is the part item that causes the air-con system to mist(freeze).

It controls the cut-in and cut of the air/con compressor as set by

the temp switch on the centre panel of the dashboard.

1. A/con Thermo switch--PW950619

iphone027.jpg

iphone002.jpg

iphone001.jpg

• Praise 7

bro...which shop u went?

i went to the nearest Proton Service Agent located at Gelang Patah, after you came out from Second Link and headed to Gelang Patah direction, turn right from the first traffic juction, then at the second traffic light juction, turn right and turn left, you will see the "workshop" at the end of the road. :D

if got the part no, or picture of old part---pls post for us to see. Thks!

in reply to question from old thread:

the exora timing belt is recommeded to replace at 80k mileage or 3 years(which ever comes first).

estimated cost for timing belt only is about S$200-250 (parts & labour)

Edited by Panhard
  • Praise 1

question from coolpica:

Hi bro, how much did u pay for the brake pads? I wonder if fitted with Bendix, will the screeching when the brakes are cold, cease

in reply to coolpica:

price range is about S$60-65. still screeching when cold but disappears when hot--difference is that braking more effective!

Edited by Panhard

question from noirmubin:

Nice pics Bro Panhard! ...did u get them at Jalan Langkasuka across the Proton Edar servicing centre? [:)]

in reply to noirmubin:

got all the parts from proton edar (melaka) when was there during CNY period!

question from coolpica:

Hi bro, how much did u pay for the brake pads? I wonder if fitted with Bendix, will the screeching when the brakes are cold, cease

in reply to coolpica:

price range is about S$60-65. still screeching when cold but disappears when hot--difference is that braking more effective!

Did u get the brake pads from SG or MY?

• Praise 6

Did u get the brake pads from SG or MY?

Hi,Brake pads better change at Proton service centre rather than normal shop.Those normal shop usually will skimmed your brake disc until the squeak sound jialat.Abs also better do at service Ctr.

• Praise 5

Hi guys! i have collected my car from TTS,they have replace the faulty ABS cable for free(still under warrenty).

Any of you guys know any balancing and alignment shop in JB? pls advise on the address and how mush will it cost for the balancing and alignment. [;)]

• Praise 6

Hi guys! i have collected my car from TTS,they have replace the faulty ABS cable for free(still under warrenty).

Any of you guys know any balancing and alignment shop in JB? pls advise on the address and how mush will it cost for the balancing and alignment. [;)]

usually in "boleh land", they charge around RM$45-50 for tyre rotation, balancing for all 4 tyres & front wheel alignment with computer.

Done my 10k Service in TTS for my CFE.

Total Bill SD94/-.

They didn't update the Software as informed they need more time (need to bring in the Proton Service Personal)

So need to bring in another day.

Since my Car has completed the 10k, I also need to do the Tyre Balancing & Alignment.

Could Panhard and Meganut share the Workshop Address please (If it is in JB)?

• Praise 5

Hi bro,

If u are going into JB for wheel alignment and balancing, can I tag along? I need to correct the known problem of CPS wheel alignment. Thanks!

• Praise 1

The brake pads are cheap. I called TTS to enquire about a pair of new original brake pads.... was informed it costs about $450 with the metal bracket included. [hur][knife]

Most welcome....

Let's collect the address from our fellow members here....

I've seen a couple at Larkin area as well as Permas Jaya... but not sure which one is good...

Wow... that's too much.

You want to Call up the JB Service center to check the rates? Sure it will be very less.....

You can obtain the contact number from the Proton Website.

Turbocharged

I also wanna do alignment. Read in forums that hawk tyre is good. They hv a few shops in jb. Nearest one is nearby to pelangi mall.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1