Proton Exora#2

SGXora

Hi all, just got my Proton EXORA (2009 model) 1 month back

Encounter 2 issue

#1 steering bush issue

- replace EX $200 zzz

#2 after 1 week, cannot crank start

- replaced with new starter $200 zzz

So far ok, but arranging to send car ð for Full Body Checkup next Wednesday @ Malaysia Proton Service Center

Will update upon job done ...

Should have send for check up in JB when you got the car. Should be be lighter on your pockets doing those replacements.
↡ Advertisement

Should have send for check up in JB when you got the car. Should be be lighter on your pockets doing those replacements.

What to do, plan to go Liao

But starter dies ... keep on crank, gone - buay start at all

Even waste $20 to ask onepit come down. He confirm starter up Lorry ...

Forced to repair in SG, they are freak robber

Bo pian, confirm going next Wednesday - shall report detailed info on this full check ~

Problem is even with starter changed, once every 2 weeks got start car issue. Very annoyed & whole body super uneasy

Edited by vkmagik
  • Praise 1

What to do, plan to go Liao

But starter dies ... keep on crank, gone - buay start at all

Even waste $20 to ask onepit come down. He confirm starter up Lorry ...

Forced to repair in SG, they are freak robber

Bo pian, confirm going next Wednesday - shall report detailed info on this full check ~

Problem is even with starter changed, once every 2 weeks got start car issue. Very annoyed & whole body super uneasy

Keep us updated. If it makes you feel better, those are wear n tear items. Sooner or later need to be replaced.

Anyway, planning to send to AD or trusted workshop?

Edited by Cypher

My alternator died also recently... OEM replacement -SGD $360 :(

Quite a scary experience. 

Started out with the battery indicator turning on for a whole night but it went away after revving for a while.

The next morning, battery indicator still on.. Then along the way.. ABS light came up... Followed by a whole load of lights on the panel.

Out of the blue, when I press the accelerator.. no power.. then.. that's it.. all black out on the display panel.

Towed to the workshop, change OEM Alternator.

2009 Exora.

Just sharing experience.

Started out with the battery indicator turning on for a whole night but it went away after revving for a while.

The next morning, battery indicator still on.. Then along the way.. ABS light came up... Followed by a whole load of lights on the panel.

Out of the blue, when I press the accelerator.. no power.. then.. that's it.. all black out on the display panel.

2009 Exora.

Just sharing experience.

Just check this original parts

http://m.mudah.my/view?ad_id=52546822

Super cheap ... suggest go Proton Service Center [JB] & get original parts replace to be Safe, my 2 cents advice

Edited by vkmagik

Turbocharged

2009 Exora.

Just sharing experience.

Wah...this kind kena sian. we wont know the warning signs are for which parts. n even if go normal servicing n ask the workshop to give a check, i dont tink they can see which part is gonna konk out. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Wah...this kind kena sian. we wont know the warning signs are for which parts. n even if go normal servicing n ask the workshop to give a check, i dont tink they can see which part is gonna konk out. 

true, I don't think there is any tell sign for a dead alternator..

actually I was told recon alternator is very common and very cheap, just changing of the copper wiring internally.

Turbocharged

true, I don't think there is any tell sign for a dead alternator..

actually I was told recon alternator is very common and very cheap, just changing of the copper wiring internally.

So far, thank god, my car hasnt suffered from any of these faults that can cause the car to stop moving. even when everytime i go servicing i asked the workshop to help me check the condition of the car, i always hv that slight uneasiness that something will die out of the blue since the car is more than 7yrs old already.

Supercharged

So far, thank god, my car hasnt suffered from any of these faults that can cause the car to stop moving. even when everytime i go servicing i asked the workshop to help me check the condition of the car, i always hv that slight uneasiness that something will die out of the blue since the car is more than 7yrs old already.

haha, yeah.. I know..

I am also living in fear.. mine is 12 years..

which proton service centre you go?

maybe can tag along next time with you.

I used to go Plentong, I also having some issue with the clutch, got sound when idle, despite new bearing and new clutch plate

Turbocharged

haha, yeah.. I know..

I am also living in fear.. mine is 12 years..

which proton service centre you go?

maybe can tag along next time with you.

I used to go Plentong, I also having some issue with the clutch, got sound when idle, despite new bearing and new clutch plate

I nvr go to proton. i always go to hawk tayar. mayb i should go to proton the next time. the only time i went was the 1st servicing after the free servicing given. n the cost is higher compared to hawk n they recommended to do this do that which when looking at it now, quite a few were not required at that time.

Just check this original parts

http://m.mudah.my/view?ad_id=52546822

Super cheap ... suggest go Proton Service Center [JB] & get original parts replace to be Safe, my 2 cents advice

Thanks for the link. Quite hard to find the parts advertised online that is easily found in Johor. Normally found in KL or elsewhere.

I recently encountered the similar prbolem, after diagnosed, one of the ABS Sensor cable faulty. Replaced it (M$185), problem solved.

bro...which shop u went?

Sorry have to answer you at te new topic.

i went to the nearest Proton Service Agent located at Gelang Patah, after you came out from Second Link and headed to Gelang Patah direction, turn right from the first traffic juction, then at the second traffic light juction, turn right and turn left, you will see the "workshop" at the end of the road. http:///public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Friend, your direction SALAH ... bring me go Holland

Lucky found 1 saViour Indian Malaysian abang

Bring me to correct location

Actual slight changes to SGXora to clear things up

i went to the nearest Proton Service Agent located at Gelang Patah, after you came out from Second Link and headed to Gelang Patah direction, turn right from the first traffic juction, then at the second traffic light juction, turn LEFT (not right) and go into kampung Gelang Patah Town-2nd traffic turn right follow by left [there is 1 Indian restorable SAID ALWI] (not turn left), you will see the "workshop" : name call Aggressive (official proton SC) at the end of the road.

• Praise 1

Proton SC @ GELANG PATAH (Service Center) - Recommended 5 Star!!!

Aggressive Model Sdn Bhd

No 20 Jalan Medan Nusa Perintis,Nusa Perintis 3, Taman Nusa Perintis,Nusa Jaya 81550 Gelang Patah Johor Bahru, Johor

TODAY : spend RM1543.30 for 100K MAJOR SERVICING

Including with in depth check on your feedback in car issue

#1 found rear brake cylinder pump faulty replace with labour fee RM3xx

#2 back seat lamp lighting crack RM35 with labour

(Cost info left in car)

Staff very friendly, but replacement of each part come with individual labour fee

Comes with Free Wireless while waiting for your car repair

Not much area for shopping ... have watson & KFC Opposite the SC.

found out really BIG ISSUE

#1 Front Brake system using OEM (To use Orignal Proton RM420 include labour)

#2 Rear Brake pad gone (Need order & replace RM210 include labour)

- going back 1-2months, awaiting their confirmation ...

Very happy to have car service, at least can drive 90% safely till Brake fully replaced

Edited by vkmagik
  • Praise 1

Hi to all,

Manage to get 2nd servicing for my Front & Rear Brake replacement with some accessories (seat belt holder / front wheel water spill cover) ordered : job done

Total cost RM880 with 6% tax inclusive yesterday

All goes well ...

But another MAJOR issue arises

Feedback my HandBrake led on dashboard not lighted

Troubleshoot 2hrs : now answer says ...

ABS PUMP Rosak ... aka spoil

Replacement RM750 include labor & tax - feeling annoyed

WTF Zzz

Turbocharged

Hi to all,

Manage to get 2nd servicing for my Front & Rear Brake replacement with some accessories (seat belt holder / front wheel water spill cover) ordered : job done

Total cost RM880 with 6% tax inclusive yesterday

All goes well ...

But another MAJOR issue arises

Feedback my HandBrake led on dashboard not lighted

Troubleshoot 2hrs : now answer says ...

ABS PUMP Rosak ... aka spoil

Replacement RM750 include labor & tax - feeling annoyed

WTF Zzz

So u change the front brake pad n back brake drum? Im not sure how well hawk tayar checked my brakes, but they keep saying dont need to change. My car is already 7yrs old. Very confused y stil don need to change.

(edited)

So u change the front brake pad n back brake drum? Im not sure how well hawk tayar checked my brakes, but they keep saying dont need to change. My car is already 7yrs old. Very confused y stil don need to change.

Yr car weekend car?

I send for 100K servicing - ask Gelang Patah SC (Aggressive) perform check on brake as got squeak sound.

They confirm my front brake 1 side using OEM causing issue

Open rear brake, drum type ... thickness almost flat - at most last 1-2month. Play safe - changed ...

Best visit Proton SC (service center) for full detailed check up

Edited by vkmagik

Turbocharged

Yr car weekend car?

I send for 100K servicing - ask Gelang Patah SC (Aggressive) perform check on brake as got squeak sound.

They confirm my front brake 1 side using OEM causing issue

Open rear brake, drum type ... thickness almost flat - at most last 1-2month. Play safe - changed ...

Best visit Proton SC (service center) for full detailed check up

Used to b weekend..but now normal. Mileage close to 80k. For brakes i don see a difference which shop checks. I mean, it shouldnt b so hard to check right? N also when i keep asking them, they said if need to change of cos they will change. Who dont wanna make money. Which is quite true la.

I'm not driving proton cars but previously all go hawk tyre. Felt that they may be slightly more ex than other workshops but feel the workmanship better.

Eg had some throttle response issue. AD in singapore say coolant system got problem need 1.5k to 1.8k sgd to overhaul and need 2 weeks to disassemble everything to confirm. Hawk tyre boss tell me need to clean filter with chemical and charge me rm80 for the chemical and labour. Settle in less than an hour and solves the problem (at least the problem never surface anymore after that)

↡ Advertisement