Proton Exora#2

SGXora

Price of cfe drop to $105,900 Liao, wondering is it right time to trade in my avante for a exora... Opinions pls... Anyone went to showroom to ask? They got good loan package?

Keep a watch on the coming COE also.....

↡ Advertisement

yah if you chiong up north, shiok ah... parts are cheap and if any problems you will be quite happy cos got excuse to iong up north, makan and repair car hahaha..

i drive a perodua and i have a Proton Saga BLM in msia, gonna buy Exora next year... Msia Exora is now all CFE engine for the two models of exora, one is the standard exora and one is the Bold both come with CFE engine.. i think when i was camping here, even in sg i think they shld be selling only CFE engine in sg right?

anyone has a manual exora... dunno if i shld buy auto of manual

To check with those having the CFE ride....

Do you hear a whistling sound from the Driver's Window side when going around 80km or higher speed?

Actually there is no right time, If COE falls, the price of Exora will drop as well, but do bear in mind the trade in price of your Avante will be lower too. The vice versa takes place if the COE increases. What is most turn off for most drivers would be the high downpayment and the short loan tenure. So for Exora at $105,900, the down payment would be about $64,000 at least and monthly instalment about $900.

Neutral Newbie

yah if you chiong up north, shiok ah... parts are cheap and if any problems you will be quite happy cos got excuse to iong up north, makan and repair car hahaha..

i drive a perodua and i have a Proton Saga BLM in msia, gonna buy Exora next year... Msia Exora is now all CFE engine for the two models of exora, one is the standard exora and one is the Bold both come with CFE engine.. i think when i was camping here, even in sg i think they shld be selling only CFE engine in sg right?

anyone has a manual exora... dunno if i shld buy auto of manual

i wonder if in future if i wish to change my CPS engine, can i buy a brand new CFE engine set and replace.. heee

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

anyway guys i have LED reflector lights for sale. it act as additional brake light.

anyone interested can PM me. its brand new. i order the wrong one.

can... if drive your car till the end, if change half way, which is now, too costly already, even can afford but its not practical... in 6-9 years time, coe and all will soften down compare to now... and Cat B was 58k if im not wrong in the recent bidding... its coming down already... power and cheers to our ride... :)

Neutral Newbie

can... if drive your car till the end, if change half way, which is now, too costly already, even can afford but its not practical... in 6-9 years time, coe and all will soften down compare to now... and Cat B was 58k if im not wrong in the recent bidding... its coming down already... power and cheers to our ride... :)

if they have trade in price, i won't mind change sooner...hehe..

has anyone change the stock Spark Plug Wires?

Ya...juz waiting 4 coe to soften some more..anyway still can afford to wait..

very few 2nd hand exora for sale..havnt sat in 1 b4..

In my neighbourhood got 1 exora, everytime walk past, i will oogle..from outside looks good, tall & big..

but the omv quite low..13-14k..

btw wats the FC like..

Neutral Newbie

I also wanna do alignment. Read in forums that hawk tyre is good. They hv a few shops in jb. Nearest one is nearby to pelangi mall.

i just did my servicing there.. i took the package with 0W40 mobil 1 engine oil.. total cost RM286. worth the change.

the next day, my changing of gear is really smooth.. less noise on the engine and pick up much better.. i guess i will stick to this engine oil from now onwards.

Neutral Newbie

Completed the Sound proofing for the Flooring....

It was quite a tiring task but now enjoying the results.... [rolleyes]

Total about 6 to 7 hrs of hard work.... [bigcry] ....

Used 2 materials to do the flooring. A Japanese brand bit heavy Deadening material for the Front and 2nd row (Purchased from Maxaudio Online). The rest I used the normal Sound Proofing Bitumen Sheets. Total weight about 8 to 9kg.

Sharing some of the Pictures here...

Started off by dismantling all the seats.

The Deadening Material in the Front as well as the Middle row.

The rest with normal Sound Proofing Material

Was on MC the next day as I couldn't even move :D

waahh.. up to you lah bro!!

i've always wanna do floor soundproofing.. i don't mind DIY also.... but dare not as afraid after taking out all the seats, having problem putting it back.. haha...

how much you buy per box from Maxaudio?

Neutral Newbie

I'm also not good in Tyres.. :)

Was asking the same question to the Tyre shop y'day.

I was using 205/55/16 now changed to 225/45/17.

The shop gave me a choice of using 215/45/17 or 225/45/17 for the same price and told me 225 will be better in Cornering... which I'm not sure..... (the guy there doesn't seems to have that much knowledge to give advices in this area....)

Maybe some one who is more technical here can advice please....

i'm not so technical lah.. but my knowledge i know, wider tyre does have a better grip and yes cornering and stablity... but the down point is more petrol.

Neutral Newbie

For Sharing only.

Since I got some time during the Weekend carried out the Soundproofing for the Roof also.

Had to remove all the Side pillar top covers, the back row side Covers (top & Bottom), inorder to take out the Top.

Found that the CFE already comes with the normal Sound insulation (using the thick fiber Mat type) on the roof. But covering only a small area. There are few small sheets pasted from Front until the 2nd row. But 3rd row completely ignored as the Aircon piping is occupying the space.

This sheet cannot surpress the vibration effectively, and that's the main reason the rain sound is so heavy inside.

So I decided to add the normal lightweight Deadening mats on to the visiable areas of roof (don't wan't to disturb the Aircon setup).

Much time was taken as I had to slowly take out the Fibre insulation one by one. So after that pasted the Deadening mats covering all the possible areas and over that pasted back the Fibre Insulation as original.

Took that opportunity to paste SP material on Top of the Rear Wheels also....

Yesterday went out in the rain to feel the difference.

Wow... until the 2nd row end it's quite solid. And you could very much feel the difference in the 3rd row.

Total added 5 to 6 Sheets around 4 kg.

This time don't want to end up taking MC :D so uninstalled one day and next day morning continued with Sound Proofing and Fixing back...

another thumbs up :D

Turbocharged

Ya...juz waiting 4 coe to soften some more..anyway still can afford to wait..

very few 2nd hand exora for sale..havnt sat in 1 b4..

In my neighbourhood got 1 exora, everytime walk past, i will oogle..from outside looks good, tall & big..

but the omv quite low..13-14k..

btw wats the FC like..

it is big n tall. even the last row is comfortable for a small or medium sized adult. FC i guess will b ard 9-10km/l.

waahh.. up to you lah bro!!

i've always wanna do floor soundproofing.. i don't mind DIY also.... but dare not as afraid after taking out all the seats, having problem putting it back.. haha...

how much you buy per box from Maxaudio?

I bought 2 types of material from Maxaudio

1 pac of T4012 for the Doors RM224

3 pac of T4102C for the Floor RM180

If you have a JB address it will be cheaper for Courier (or sometimes free). But it is very expensive to Courier to SG.

Neutral Newbie

I bought 2 types of material from Maxaudio

1 pac of T4012 for the Doors RM224

3 pac of T4102C for the Floor RM180

If you have a JB address it will be cheaper for Courier (or sometimes free). But it is very expensive to Courier to SG.

so how much you spend on floor alone? wanna compare if its cheaper to DIY or let the JB workshop do..hehe

↡ Advertisement