Chevrolet Optra updated and still going strong as a Buick

Alheych

Neutral Newbie

Seems like you little Chevrolet Optra model might give a pretty much of competition for the original model. But simply I believe that the grand look of Chevrolet Optra is not completely achieved in this design. Unfortunately it is completely on Chinese therefore I couldn't understand a word. Furthermore toilet training for toddlers as a support.

Edited by Sahan0011
  • Praise 1

Looks like the Daewoo Nubira now made in China by a chinese company.

Optra is the Daewoo Lacetti.

Those in SG r Korean Daewoos but assembled in Thailand. GM(Chevy) just bought over the whole company n changed the name only. Cars r still Daewoos.

U can see the Optra very popular in Russia. Maybe cos its a damm strong n solid built car which can take the conditions there. [drivingcar][thumbsup]

Looks like the Daewoo Nubira now made in China by a chinese company.

Optra is the Daewoo Lacetti.

Those in SG r Korean Daewoos but assembled in Thailand. GM(Chevy) just bought over the whole company n changed the name only. Cars r still Daewoos.

U can see the Optra very popular in Russia. Maybe cos its a damm strong n solid built car which can take the conditions there. [drivingcar][thumbsup]

it's actually GM Shanghai. GM is very good at rebadging. they knew that markets like singapore has no goodwill for daewoo anymore, so they scrapped it and rebadged everything to chevrolet. in vietnam and russia where there is still a good following they keep the daewoo brand. in china which didn't have goodwill for either, they badged it as a buick to give it upmarket status, and it worked.

so, the same car can be a chevrolet, buick, daewoo, or even a suzuki.

personally, i think the buick rendition of the car is quite nice. especially the current one that's made in china.

How does a 2006 Optra compare with say, the 2006 Nissan Sunny in terms of reliability and maintenance?

Thinking of getting a 6 year old Optra Estate.

• Praise 1

it's actually GM Shanghai. GM is very good at rebadging. they knew that markets like singapore has no goodwill for daewoo anymore, so they scrapped it and rebadged everything to chevrolet. in vietnam and russia where there is still a good following they keep the daewoo brand. in china which didn't have goodwill for either, they badged it as a buick to give it upmarket status, and it worked.

personally, i think the buick rendition of the car is quite nice. especially the current one that's made in china.

All cars under the GM group r interchangeable.

Like the Holdens in Aust r same as the Vauxhalls in UK.

Cars r the same just the names only change.

Last time I chked wh my Ins agent with aunty lucy he told me Chevrolet Ins premiums higher cos they r Conti car.

First I told him Chevy is American brand n not Conti. Secondly I told him Chevy here r all Korean Daewoos n not made in US. He just keep quiet.

But I already lost confidence in Aunty Lucy n soon after I dumped them fr another cheaper Ins co.

• Praise 1

Deleted- Double post.

Edited by Pisces69

Buick in America is actually quite luxury model. :P

http://www.buick.com/

Cheers,

Kimu

PS: Needless to say, I owned a Chevy Optra Wagon and is actually amazed by it's stability and solidness.

I am also driving the Optra Wagon n its damm solid n stable. [thumbsup]

I do 180kmh on NSHW n its very stable n no floating or vibrations.

How does a 2006 Optra compare with say, the 2006 Nissan Sunny in terms of reliability and maintenance?

Im driving a early 2006 Optra estate.

I not sure abt the Sunny but my maintenance n running costs not high at all.

Relaibility for the Optra is very good. So far its only wear n tear items and a few due to accidents.

Now i am getting my parts from a // importer so its much cheaper than authorised stockist like He Xing or Song He which hv to get their parts from the local agent, Alpine. I was shocked when ty quote me $6 a Korean made sparkplug when everywhere is selling Jap plugs fr only $3/ea. [dizzy]

FYI, my fren sold his 06 OE at 16k (ard 1.5k abv scrape value) in may this yr.

Dealer then quoted $29800 on sgcarmart!

So u might wanna offer them a more reasonable price to prevent getting carrot by them

• Praise 1

All cars under the GM group r interchangeable.

Like the Holdens in Aust r same as the Vauxhalls in UK.

Cars r the same just the names only change.

Last time I chked wh my Ins agent with aunty lucy he told me Chevrolet Ins premiums higher cos they r Conti car.

First I told him Chevy is American brand n not Conti. Secondly I told him Chevy here r all Korean Daewoos n not made in US. He just keep quiet.

But I already lost confidence in Aunty Lucy n soon after I dumped them fr another cheaper Ins co.

aunty lucy didn't know chevy is korean and made in thailand?

wow. imagine all the optra owners who insure with aunty lucy. kena carrot head also.

wow. imagine all the optra owners who insure with aunty lucy. kena carrot head also.

Well ty might know but hope that the owners dun know. That time Chevy still quite new on the market.

When I pointed out this serious fallacy, the ins agent just kept quiet. He never even question me or say he wil check. That alone gives me the impression he also knew. [pirate]

I've parts which I purchased last time, but never used. Pls sms me at hp:97599935

• Praise 1