Replacing Main door lock

Kungfu

Want to replace main door lock but tried several shops still hard to find this Union lock.............just need to buy a similar model and just replace.......do not want to modify anything!!!! Anyone can help???Where in singapore plenty of shops selling door lock????

Whatsapp me at 94369018

post-31726-1362298748_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1362298756_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Looks like any normal door lock. Just go any hardware shop and look for it. Except for the barrel length, they are all pretty much standard sizes. Opposite Sim Lim Tower got 2 hardware shops, inside rochor center also have one big hardware shop near the loading bay area. If you are not staying around town area, any other hardware shop should carry. Worse come to worse go those home fix DIY shop and buy. They also carry some door locks and handles.

Twincharged

bought mine at Homely ... just behind TP HQ.

basically, you just have to replace the cylinder only.

door-lock-parts-how-to-identify-and-replace-318.jpg

Dig out old thread.

My HDB main door the lock bit spoilt. Is this type:

post-17508-0-13648200-1507882413_thumb.jpeg

Here it shows the full bolt is extended and is locking completely/normally.

Now from inside the house, cannot turn the lever to lock normally. Can only turn a bit and only about 20% of the full bolt will come out. If insert the key from the outside, then can turn and lock completely/normally.

Using the key seems to be ok. 

Any expert here can advise whether is this repairable? Put oil already still doesn't resolve the problem...

Or definitely need to replace the whole lock?

Thanks...

bought mine at Homely ... just behind TP HQ.

basically, you just have to replace the cylinder only.

door-lock-parts-how-to-identify-and-repl

Dig out old thread.

attachicon.giflock.jpeg

Now from inside the house, cannot turn the lever to lock normally. Can only turn a bit and only about 20% of the full bolt will come out. If insert the key from the outside, then can turn and lock completely/normally.

Any expert here can advise whether is this repairable? Put oil already still doesn't resolve the problem...

Thanks...

remove the screws and take a look inside. if canot solve then replace the whole thing. i doubt it cost that much anyway.

Dig out old thread.

attachicon.giflock.jpeg

Thanks...

mine also this type . . . and mine also not working . . . the latch not catching. 

I took out the whole lock and managed to fix the loose part, it worked but I dare not lock 'cos later jam then jialat. [:(]

• Praise 1

this usually happened once it is misaligned.

You need to dismantle, study and align back.

This is a handyman job if you have confidence if

not you may not get it back to the way you want!

If this is the main door under the rain and sun, likely the

wood is wearing off and a slight move on the chamber

may resulted this problem.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Dig out old thread.

attachicon.giflock.jpeg

Thanks...

this is very simple and cheap lah ... just replace it ... go to the suicidal shop and buy the deadbolt set ... average ones will be ard $15 only. as extra measure, just drip some singer oil on the moving parts after the installation of the new deadbolt set.

• Praise 2

remove the screws and take a look inside. if canot solve then replace the whole thing. i doubt it cost that much anyway.

ok. am in 2 minds on approach leh. 

wan to buy a spare set first, then attempt to open up and see can resolve? 

Then if can resolve, the new set will be wasted.

but if dun buy first, and open up already cannot resolve, might not be able to put back, then only go and buy with the door opened...  [sweatdrop]

mine also this type . . . and mine also not working . . . the latch not catching. 

I took out the whole lock and managed to fix the loose part, it worked but I dare not lock 'cos later jam then jialat. [:(]

ha ha... then what did you do? after that never ever lock the door again? Then go out or night time how??

think better change a new one for peace of mind lah...

this usually happened once it is misaligned.

You need to dismantle, study and align back.

This is a handyman job if you have confidence if

not you may not get it back to the way you want!

If this is the main door under the rain and sun, likely the

wood is wearing off and a slight move on the chamber

may resulted this problem.

It doesn't get the sun much, if at all.

i had changed it once many (17, to be precise) years ago. It lasted this long...

but now, without instruction manual, dunno how to do liao leh... scared dismantled already cannot put back.

this is very simple and cheap lah ... just replace it ... go to the suicidal shop and buy the deadbolt set ... average ones will be ard $15 only. as extra measure, just drip some singer oil on the moving parts after the installation of the new deadbolt set.

Err... what is suicidal shop huh?

Go change to digital lock lar

Dun wan. Just need the most economical/budget solution. No need atas one lah...

it's like looking for free transfer instead of having to pay big bucks to lure a club into selling star player that kind of contrast  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement