• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic | 65 praises

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Kungfu
  • Premium member
    Kungfu
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Want to replace main door lock but tried several shops still hard to find this Union lock.............just need to buy a similar model and just replace.......do not want to modify anything!!!! Anyone can help???Where in singapore plenty of shops selling door lock????

Whatsapp me at 94369018

Attached Thumbnails

• 217536255962.jpg
  • 217536258260.jpg

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Wadexu
  • Wadexu
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I bought mine from a shop in sim lim tower. Similar as yours. For yishun HDB

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Briansoh
  • Briansoh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Looks like any normal door lock. Just go any hardware shop and look for it. Except for the barrel length, they are all pretty much standard sizes. Opposite Sim Lim Tower got 2 hardware shops, inside rochor center also have one big hardware shop near the loading bay area. If you are not staying around town area, any other hardware shop should carry. Worse come to worse go those home fix DIY shop and buy. They also carry some door locks and handles.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Go to jalan sultan. Outside the taxi stand there is a shop selling all kinds of locks

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Any hardware shop will sell. But u can also look for Duro locks. More ex abit.
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, this shop has plenty of inventories.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hidden private lock

v common to find

good brand is hafele

better take measurement correct before u buy

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

change to finger scan or digital lock.

key lock waste of time and money
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    Author Image

bought mine at Homely ... just behind TP HQ.

basically, you just have to replace the cylinder only.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dig out old thread.

My HDB main door the lock bit spoilt. Is this type:

lock.jpeg

Here it shows the full bolt is extended and is locking completely/normally.

Now from inside the house, cannot turn the lever to lock normally. Can only turn a bit and only about 20% of the full bolt will come out. If insert the key from the outside, then can turn and lock completely/normally.

Using the key seems to be ok. 

Any expert here can advise whether is this repairable? Put oil already still doesn't resolve the problem...

Or definitely need to replace the whole lock?

Thanks...

bought mine at Homely ... just behind TP HQ.

basically, you just have to replace the cylinder only.

door-lock-parts-how-to-identify-and-repl

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Dig out old thread.

attachicon.giflock.jpeg

Now from inside the house, cannot turn the lever to lock normally. Can only turn a bit and only about 20% of the full bolt will come out. If insert the key from the outside, then can turn and lock completely/normally.

Any expert here can advise whether is this repairable? Put oil already still doesn't resolve the problem...

Thanks...

remove the screws and take a look inside. if canot solve then replace the whole thing. i doubt it cost that much anyway.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dig out old thread.

attachicon.giflock.jpeg

Thanks...

mine also this type . . . and mine also not working . . . the latch not catching. 

I took out the whole lock and managed to fix the loose part, it worked but I dare not lock 'cos later jam then jialat. [:(]

Atrecord praised this
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

Jtb
  • Premium member
    Jtb
    6th Gear
    Author Image

this usually happened once it is misaligned.

You need to dismantle, study and align back.

This is a handyman job if you have confidence if

not you may not get it back to the way you want!

If this is the main door under the rain and sun, likely the

wood is wearing off and a slight move on the chamber

may resulted this problem.

Count-Bracula and Atrecord praised this

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Dig out old thread.

attachicon.giflock.jpeg

Thanks...

this is very simple and cheap lah ... just replace it ... go to the suicidal shop and buy the deadbolt set ... average ones will be ard $15 only. as extra measure, just drip some singer oil on the moving parts after the installation of the new deadbolt set.

Atrecord and Othello praised this

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

DSC02676-2.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

:grin:
Kangadrool and Eviilusion praised this

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

remove the screws and take a look inside. if canot solve then replace the whole thing. i doubt it cost that much anyway.

ok. am in 2 minds on approach leh. 

wan to buy a spare set first, then attempt to open up and see can resolve? 

Then if can resolve, the new set will be wasted.

but if dun buy first, and open up already cannot resolve, might not be able to put back, then only go and buy with the door opened...  [sweatdrop]

mine also this type . . . and mine also not working . . . the latch not catching. 

I took out the whole lock and managed to fix the loose part, it worked but I dare not lock 'cos later jam then jialat. [:(]

ha ha... then what did you do? after that never ever lock the door again? Then go out or night time how??

think better change a new one for peace of mind lah...

this usually happened once it is misaligned.

You need to dismantle, study and align back.

This is a handyman job if you have confidence if

not you may not get it back to the way you want!

If this is the main door under the rain and sun, likely the

wood is wearing off and a slight move on the chamber

may resulted this problem.

It doesn't get the sun much, if at all.

i had changed it once many (17, to be precise) years ago. It lasted this long...

but now, without instruction manual, dunno how to do liao leh... scared dismantled already cannot put back.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:43 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go change to digital lock lar
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:46 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

this is very simple and cheap lah ... just replace it ... go to the suicidal shop and buy the deadbolt set ... average ones will be ard $15 only. as extra measure, just drip some singer oil on the moving parts after the installation of the new deadbolt set.

Err... what is suicidal shop huh?

Go change to digital lock lar

Dun wan. Just need the most economical/budget solution. No need atas one lah...

it's like looking for free transfer instead of having to pay big bucks to lure a club into selling star player that kind of contrast  [laugh]

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:51 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Err... what is suicidal shop huh?

Dun wan. Just need the most economical/budget solution. No need atas one lah...

it's like looking for free transfer instead of having to pay big bucks to lure a club into selling star player that kind of contrast  [laugh]

those shop selling cheap sundries like "closing down sales" type of shop lah ... ppl call 跳楼货 ...

price will depend on the brand ... if you go for branded stuffs then will cost more. but if you just chose the chinese brand will be cheaper.

but it all works the same. i replaced mine immediately after HDB gave me the keys after the upgrading.

another thing to look out for is the size ... best to remove your current one for a fitting.

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ok. am in 2 minds on approach leh.
wan to buy a spare set first, then attempt to open up and see can resolve?
Then if can resolve, the new set will be wasted.

but if dun buy first, and open up already cannot resolve, might not be able to put back, then only go and buy with the door opened... [sweatdrop]

ha ha... then what did you do? after that never ever lock the door again? Then go out or night time how??

think better change a new one for peace of mind lah...

It doesn't get the sun much, if at all.
i had changed it once many (17, to be precise) years ago. It lasted this long...
but now, without instruction manual, dunno how to do liao leh... scared dismantled already cannot put back.

Bro, I am now at causeway point. The home fix has got a set of Yale which is suitable replacement for ours. $134

Your front side of the door has got a longish handle with a "thumb latch" you press on it to open door after unlocking? This is the one I think.
Me Newcastle fan

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Replacing, Main, door, lock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users