Replacing Main door lock

Kungfu

Twincharged

Err... what is suicidal shop huh?

Dun wan. Just need the most economical/budget solution. No need atas one lah...

it's like looking for free transfer instead of having to pay big bucks to lure a club into selling star player that kind of contrast  [laugh]

those shop selling cheap sundries like "closing down sales" type of shop lah ... ppl call 跳楼货 ...

price will depend on the brand ... if you go for branded stuffs then will cost more. but if you just chose the chinese brand will be cheaper.

but it all works the same. i replaced mine immediately after HDB gave me the keys after the upgrading.

another thing to look out for is the size ... best to remove your current one for a fitting.

↡ Advertisement

ok. am in 2 minds on approach leh.

wan to buy a spare set first, then attempt to open up and see can resolve?

Then if can resolve, the new set will be wasted.

but if dun buy first, and open up already cannot resolve, might not be able to put back, then only go and buy with the door opened... [sweatdrop]

ha ha... then what did you do? after that never ever lock the door again? Then go out or night time how??

think better change a new one for peace of mind lah...

It doesn't get the sun much, if at all.

i had changed it once many (17, to be precise) years ago. It lasted this long...

but now, without instruction manual, dunno how to do liao leh... scared dismantled already cannot put back.

Bro, I am now at causeway point. The home fix has got a set of Yale which is suitable replacement for ours. $134

Your front side of the door has got a longish handle with a "thumb latch" you press on it to open door after unlocking? This is the one I think.

Twincharged

Bro, I am now at causeway point. The home fix has got a set of Yale which is suitable replacement for ours. $134

Your front side of the door has got a longish handle with a "thumb latch" you press on it to open door after unlocking? This is the one I think.

I think you referring to the lock and handle and thumb-latch all in one piece ?

that type a lot of work  coz got to recut the door and the frame for the holes to match.

post-2854-0-64285300-1507947215.jpg

• Praise 1

tks...

i think i will only change the top part with the key and lock one. The bottom one with the thumb latch, is still working, so won't touch it. Too  [sweatdrop] to change everything as I'll probably be doing it myself...

i ever bought one before, i tot only about $30-40 range leh. Think the bottom longish part more material so adds significantly to the price?

I think you referring to the lock and handle and thumb-latch all in one piece ?

that type a lot of work coz got to recut the door and the frame for the holes to match.

Ya this one.

tks...

i think i will only change the top part with the key and lock one. The bottom one with the thumb latch, is still working, so won't touch it. Too [sweatdrop] to change everything as I'll probably be doing it myself...

i ever bought one before, i tot only about $30-40 range leh. Think the bottom longish part more material so adds significantly to the price?

I think it it more expensive if you let locksmith bring the complete lock set himself. At least $150 + workmanship.....

Twincharged

Ya this one.

I think it it more expensive if you let locksmith bring the complete lock set himself. At least $150 + workmanship.....

lock smith help you unlock your wallet mah ... :XD:  :XD:

that's why I everything try to DIM (do it myself) first ... if really beyond me then got to spend money lor ...

I was thinking this was a thread

on how to keep the MIL out.

Change the locks and don't tell her. 

:D

哇,你好毒,毒,毒,毒,毒。。。 [shakehead]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I was thinking this was a thread

on how to keep the MIL out.

Change the locks and don't tell her. 

you all very lucky to have in-laws that love you deep deep and will pop by occasionally.

even my own mother don't want to visit my house !!

tks...

i think i will only change the top part with the key and lock one. The bottom one with the thumb latch, is still working, so won't touch it. Too  [sweatdrop] to change everything as I'll probably be doing it myself...

like i said, if just buy the deadbolt, the "tieshen" china brand is only $15.

• Praise 1

you all very lucky to have in-laws that love you deep deep and will pop by occasionally.

even my own mother don't want to visit my house !!

If you want I can send my MIL over.  [thumbsup]

This afternoon went to IMM.

At the DIY shop, saw Yale and Duro got lots of different types locks. Well stocked.

And there I finally realised what @ysc3 said about deadbolt. Actually got lock that is only the deadbolt. The price there is $34.90.

post-17508-0-33580000-1507992083_thumb.jpg

Later we went to Giant, and i went to the hardware section to take a look, and saw got 2 deadbolt locks. Got Yale one also, and it was priced at $25.50... 

post-17508-0-79992400-1507992195_thumb.jpg

I was wondering what's the difference between Yale at Giant and Yale at DIY... and they look like the same thing.

And also saw the Teriso one which was selling at $17.90.

post-17508-0-72714000-1507992046_thumb.jpg

Since i wanted economical option, i took the Teriso one. Hope it'll be easy to replace, and will last long long...

And anyone who needs to replace this... you know where to buy if you want the branded one lah...  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement