Ikea meatballs on sale at $0.10 per piece tomorrow

Baphomet

(edited)

http://www.soshiok.com/article/22815

Home furnishing retailer, Ikea Singapore, announced today that they will resume the sale of their signature meatballs at the Ikea Restaurant and Swedish Food Market at both Alexandra and Tampines stores from tomorrow, Friday, March 8.

This comes after the release of DNA results by a local independent lab that confirms meatballs sold locally contain only beef and pork, and the Halal-certified ones made of beef and chicken.

For one day only on March 8, the meatballs will be available at $0.10 per piece at the IKEA Restaurant at both stores to mark its return. The Ikea Restaurant will be opened from 9.30am to 10.30pm (last order at 10pm).

Ikea is committed to serving and selling food that is safe, healthy and produced with care for the environment and the people who produce it.

don't know got include the frozen uncooked ones or not [:p]

Edited by Baphomet
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

http://www.soshiok.com/article/22815

Home furnishing retailer, Ikea Singapore, announced today that they will resume the sale of their signature meatballs at the Ikea Restaurant and Swedish Food Market at both Alexandra and Tampines stores from tomorrow, Friday, March 8.

This comes after the release of DNA results by a local independent lab that confirms meatballs sold locally contain only beef and pork, and the Halal-certified ones made of beef and chicken.

For one day only on March 8, the meatballs will be available at $0.10 per piece at the IKEA Restaurant at both stores to mark its return. The Ikea Restaurant will be opened from 9.30am to 10.30pm (last order at 10pm).

Ikea is committed to serving and selling food that is safe, healthy and produced with care for the environment and the people who produce it.

[:p]

CHIONG AH!!!!!

hoot 100pcs!!!!!!!

haha for only 10 dollars!

they mentioned swedish market place as well.. hope this offer includes those frozen types. then at least can buy and keep at home.

Twincharged

i dun think includes frozen..

otherwise crazy ppl will go and buy 1,000 each @ just $100. eat for the whole month

You all really Singkie mentality.

Obviously this batch of meatballs is about to expire due to the stoppage of sale during the horsemeat scare.

That's why they are going for 10 cents only. -_-

Do you really want to feast on lumps of dead cow that has been in the freezer for weeks?

Please reflect on what I said while I count the 10 cents in my piggy bank [:p]

i dun think includes frozen..

otherwise crazy ppl will go and buy 1,000 each @ just $100. eat for the whole month

if only cooked one no point liao... how much can one eat at a go? somemore the crowd sure :o

You all really Singkie mentality.

Obviously this batch of meatballs is about to expire due to the stoppage of sale during the horsemeat scare.

That's why they are going for 10 cents only. -_-

Do you really want to feast on lumps of dead cow that has been in the freezer for weeks?

Please reflect on what I said while I count the 10 cents in my piggy bank [:p]

Don't be surprised that many meat that we eat actually could be dead for weeks and stored in the freezers...... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

(edited)

Don't be surprised that many meat that we eat actually could be dead for weeks and stored in the freezers...... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

and each piece contains different parts of a cow from differrent cows! :D

Edited by Baphomet

Of course the balls are fozen meat for a long time.

I would go and buy. Quite love the meat balls!

I hope they limit each person to certain quantity. Else hawkers will buy in bulk!

I for one won't be rushing out to buy processed meat (which is what these meatballs are made of). Read this today:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health-fi...d-1226592284696

Analysis of the diets and medical history of almost half a million men and women linked processed meat to deaths from cancer and heart disease.

The Europe-wide research, including work by Oxbridge scientists, found that processed meat is to blame for about one in 30 deaths. The researchers suggested a limit of no more than 20g a day of processed meat

Hypersonic

Who cares whether it's processed or not. There are tons of unsafe food out there anyway. Just hoot! :D