Petronas Petrol

TVT

Supercharged

Hi guys, need some advise here:

Any bros here pumped Petronas petrol while in Malaysia? How is the power like if you had pumped it before? OK or sluggish?

I saw in their website only 2 types of petrol : Primax 97 & Primax 95 Xtra. Which is better?

↡ Advertisement

I would liken the feeling of their Primax 97 to local Caltex 98. Isn't it illegal for foreign cars in Malaysia to pump Malaysian government subsidised 95 octane fuel?

Any bros here pumped Petronas petrol while in Malaysia? How is the power like if you had pumped it before? OK or sluggish?

I saw in their website only 2 types of petrol : Primax 97 & Primax 95 Xtra. Which is better?

95 better, because cheaper by RM1

sg cars only can pump 97 no meh?

i always pump petronas... much smoother.... even my oc which know nothing about cars says she can feel the difference

Forgive my ignorant, how do you guys judge sluggish or smooth? I seldom rev my car, so I don't really feel any difference no matter what I put in.....

Supercharged

Oh, I tot we could pump 95 petrol if we are out of certain KM from Causeway ? I tot this was their rule..... maybe I read it wrongly. :D

Oh, I tot we could pump 95 petrol if we are out of certain KM from Causeway ? I tot this was their rule..... maybe I read it wrongly. :D

By right no, by left who knows? Once I'm over JB, it's 95 that will goes in and nothing else... I don't care which company petrol as well. [lipsrsealed]

Previously before rule,.... always pump 95 (better for your pocket)

Now wif rule,... no choice pump 97,......

Having experienced both,.... no diff actually,... cos run NSHW,... all same same. It all depends on your foot. [grin]

if i rem correctly, the initial ruling was to allow sg cars to pump max 20l of ron 95 within 50km of both sg and thailand customs.

then they change to can pump any amount as long as is ron 97

Supercharged

By right no, by left who knows? Once I'm over JB, it's 95 that will goes in and nothing else... I don't care which company petrol as well. [lipsrsealed]

Wah, you so daring huh! The pump attendant never stop you meh?

i always pump petronas... much smoother.... even my oc which know nothing about cars says she can feel the difference

Some petrol stations out-of-town (kampung) area don't have 97, so no choice have to pump 95.

Wah, you so daring huh! The pump attendant never stop you meh?

Normally they won't care, because maybe out of 10k cars, they only encounter 1 foreign car unlike at JB.

Some petrol stations out-of-town (kampung) area don't have 97, so no choice have to pump 95.

Some kiosk without 97 will still chase you away, I always avoid those with too many attendant. [laugh]

Some kiosk without 97 will still chase you away, I always avoid those with too many attendant. [laugh]

So far my 2 encounter at Penggarang and another one in some ulu kampong in Melaka, the pump attendants happily let me refill 95 fuel without chasing me away.

So far my 2 encounter at Penggarang and another one in some ulu kampong in Melaka, the pump attendants happily let me refill 95 fuel without chasing me away.

[thumbsup]

If they are tired of telling recalcitrant what not to do and impose the 20km radius rule again, you know who to blame. If you ask your guest to not wear slipper into your home yet they just trample in without giving you a single hoot how would you feel?

↡ Advertisement