Lemon law what does it cover?

Ooosh

Hi all jus bought a car last year and still under 6mth lemon law.
So far have changed clutch as it is badly worn, timing belt as got squeaking sound and ignition coils as old ones are burnt out.

Can i claim all these with the car dealer? And are these covered under the lemon law?

Any bros here who have successfully made claim please share...

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

So far have changed clutch as it is badly worn, timing belt as got squeaking sound and ignition coils as old ones are burnt out.

Can i claim all these with the car dealer? And are these covered under the lemon law?

Thanks

Wear and tear items not covered. But you can try to talk to dealer to see if they can change FOC or discount.

• Praise 1

Thanks

Hi TS so far wear and tear is not covered.. From what I know is all those major parts covered only.. Like gearbox, air con compressor, engine.. I just got my used car too like a month ago.. Stock suspension leak end up spend $600+ to get an aftermarket suspension :p can't claim too.. Tyres also quite botak that time my mistake didn't check properly on that..

I suppose the receipt that u purchase the car has stated that the dealer will cover what parts.. Correct me if I am wrong on that..

Edited by JX83
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Bought car from dealer 2 month ago. Recently strange loud noise started coming from near timing belt area. Check at workshop and was told compressor bearing is kapoo. Affecting also air con. Total damage close to $700. Any chance I can claim from dealer this under lemon law? Thanks in advance. Oh and car is 6 year old mileage 90k.

Edited by pChou

Go to CASE. They will advise you. But lemon law normally cover for gearbox only. The rest r wear n tear items. I was encountered similar problems, shock absorber n valve gasket. After exchange some letters, dealer finally agreed to bear the labour cost only. I need to pay for parts.

Me, used car. Bought in March 2013, 2 months later, meaning in May 2013. Found aircon not cold, approach dealer, asked me visit his appointed WS to check. Then nothing spotted, top up gas for me lor…then again Oct 2013, not cold again. Went same WS again, then they told me my car changed cooling coil before, impossible to spoil, then air con guy poured in flrousecent liquid (green colour) top up gas, asked me come back if not cold. In Feb 2014 not cold. Check found compressor bottom got oil stain, said it leaked, changing cost SGD580. I asked for warranty cos thing since May 2013. bloody shit they said over liao. I called CASE, they said can lodge complaint with documents, they will follow up

Me, used car. Bought in March 2013, 2 months later, meaning in May 2013. Found aircon not cold, approach dealer, asked me visit his appointed WS to check. Then nothing spotted, top up gas for me lor…then again Oct 2013, not cold again. Went same WS again, then they told me my car changed cooling coil before, impossible to spoil, then air con guy poured in flrousecent liquid (green colour) top up gas, asked me come back if not cold. In Feb 2014 not cold. Check found compressor bottom got oil stain, said it leaked, changing cost SGD580. I asked for warranty cos thing since May 2013. bloody shit they said over liao. I called CASE, they said can lodge complaint with documents, they will follow up

and what happen next?

wear & tear refers to the wear and tear that are direct result of your usage, not those that were worn before you purchase.

as such there is a 6months duration covered.

• Praise 1

There's nothing specific when it comes to lemon law. That's why dealers cry foul when ppl just do the claims on them regardless.

What you bought is a used car and not a new car. Your issues are not like those recurring ones that some ppl face. It's just some wear & tear parts after some time of usage. Expected in older used cars.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

good point, fully agree

let's say used car dealer play trick ... 9/10 used car dealer do

the gearbox, timing belt, etc are "breaking" ... the dealer knew it

sell you the car and said all good ... got simi STTA VICOM inspections

then ... 1-3 months later gearbox chui ... timing belt chui ... is this covered under lemon law cause dealer lemon-the-buyer as they always do

There's nothing specific when it comes to lemon law. That's why dealers cry foul when ppl just do the claims on them regardless.

What you bought is a used car and not a new car. Your issues are not like those recurring ones that some ppl face. It's just some wear & tear parts after some time of usage. Expected in older used cars.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

I just bought a 08 Honda Fit 1.3 GF from a dealer which offer 1 year warranty on my Honda Fit. I have chosen this car because of it's low FC.

Right now after my first top up of petrol , I discovered that the FC of this Fit is worst than a Trajet ! About 6-8 km per litre.

May I know is this cover under lemon law?

↡ Advertisement