Survival tips in the CURRENT used car market

RadX

With the spiralling COE now, i can think of a few things that the used car dealers will chut pattern. aLready they are bleeding, what is left is to bury them. Dun give them any lease of life...

1. If you are looking for a used car, mark down the cost based on the COE spiral. Dun be taken in with the reason that the COE value there, so your car value high. What you dun know is that they already buy the car in and said 'with low COEs, i give you less for your COE maybe 7-10% less'

2. If you are looking to sell your car, stick your guns and with the paper value and the body value. Ask around or search sgcarmart for any of the body values and price accordingly. Post here in MCF, maybe can get inputs

Any one else, do give your inputs

↡ Advertisement

With the spiralling COE now, i can think of a few things that the used car dealers will chut pattern. aLready they are bleeding, what is left is to bury them. Dun give them any lease of life...

1. If you are looking for a used car, mark down the cost based on the COE spiral. Dun be taken in with the reason that the COE value there, so your car value high. What you dun know is that they already buy the car in and said 'with low COEs, i give you less for your COE maybe 7-10% less'

2. If you are looking to sell your car, stick your guns and with the paper value and the body value. Ask around or search sgcarmart for any of the body values and price accordingly. Post here in MCF, maybe can get inputs

Any one else, do give your inputs

Its always better to send these b------ds straight to the incinerators rather than to take up precious space underground. They have been profiteering with false advertising for long enough. [laugh]

The better move is to hold on to your horses and wait for the outcome of the 2nd COE in March. Or, perhaps wait till the bidding in April as one does not know if they are sticking their necks out under a falling knife.

For all we know, after the backorders for CAT A had cleared, there might be a more significant drop in COE prices.

• Praise 2

Yup....hold on till the dust settles and till then, we see empty grass patches in our nature reserves.....the sharks will be eating them [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

To add on, if you need a short term drive, get a car with about a year of COE left and offer slightly above paper and body value say around 1-2k.

• Praise 1

To add on, if you need a short term drive, get a car with about a year of COE left and offer slightly above paper and body value say around 1-2k.

there are some gems there, valued at 10k, etc and yes, left abt a yr or 2

all that i am hoping is that PQP will drop to less than 30k in 2 yrs time and i shall renew my ody and drive for another 10 yrs... :wub:

how does that work? you gain the $$$ on your arf right? then use that $$$ to pay for the COE?

example ??? E200 W124?? or something newer???

Ahh screw that car. Me got a Dec 2004 325Ci for 45k at the start of the year. Man am i enjoying the power of this 2.5l inline 6. Depreciation works out to about 6k per year if you factor in body and paper value.

how does that work? you gain the $$$ on your arf right? then use that $$$ to pay for the COE?

more like i need to forsake the parf value of around 20k at the end of 10yrs + PQP of 30K= $50k

meaning 50k for another 10yrs of usage with addition of higher road tax.

$5k/yrs seems ok ^_^

Ahh screw that car. Me got a Dec 2004 325Ci for 45k at the start of the year. Man am i enjoying the power of this 2.5l inline 6. Depreciation works out to about 6k per year if you factor in body and paper value.

if able to get a good piece of conti, then its a pretty good deal. So did you spent a bomb on repair [:p]

if able to get a good piece of conti, then its a pretty good deal. So did you spent a bomb on repair [:p]

Nah. It had its suspension, brakes and tyres changed last year. Of course the leather seats were slightly worn but it ain't too bad. I just had the car serviced 2 weeks back and it runs like a dream. The car is in pretty decent shape. The previous owner took good care of the car. I even have all the service records and manual, something that's hard to come by these days.

Nah. It had its suspension, brakes and tyres changed last year. Of course the leather seats were slightly worn but it ain't too bad. I just had the car serviced 2 weeks back and it runs like a dream. The car is in pretty decent shape. The previous owner took good care of the car. I even have all the service records and manual, something that's hard to come by these days.

look really groovy... :wub:

if its a manual...lagi good [idea]