Remember to give way to Ambulance

Phluvcat

This is one of the worse acts to be committed on the roads.

thumbsdown.giffurious.gifcrazy.gifrifle.gifknife.gifangry.gif

Note: Video is taken off Youtube. Further description from the video poster appended:

Published on Mar 15, 2013
14 Mar 2013 - This blue Honda Airwave simply refused to give way to an ambulance, despite the persistent sirens, lights and high beams. The ambulance had to force its way through on the left eventually.

Edited by Deeq
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Maybe the driver thought that it is not an S.C.D.F. Ambulance,so 'bochap',if S.C.D.F. ones,he sure giveway,because they got camera to record the clips to T.P. to issue summon.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

hahaha... tats the boss of civic ambulance tats driving.. mr Ja***t singh.. normally cars dun give way to private ambulance knowing tat MOST OF THE TIME they handle less serious cases.. give them a benefit of a doubt that maybe sumbodys life is on the line.. Be gracious n stay safe everyone..Btw,if they are handling a serious case,they can also recommend to the authorities regarding summons..

Edited by Kasher83
  • Praise 3

Lane 2 was pretty crowded too, maybe that blue Airwave had difficulty in switching over?

Infront of the blue airwave in lane 1 was very packed too, ambulance was caught in heavy traffic hours simply. Don't just judged the blue airwave just like that.

PS: I am not that driver or relative/friend of the blue airwave :)

• Praise 3

hahaha... tats the boss of civic ambulance tats driving.. mr Ja***t singh.. normally cars dun give way to private ambulance knowing tat MOST OF THE TIME they handle less serious cases.. give them a benefit of a doubt that maybe sumbodys life is on the line.. Be gracious n stay safe everyone..Btw,if they are handling a serious case,they can also recommend to the authorities regarding summons..

got siren leh...

• Praise 3

Maybe the driver thought that it is not an S.C.D.F. Ambulance,so 'bochap',if S.C.D.F. ones,he sure giveway,because they got camera to record the clips to T.P. to issue summon.

In this case, no matter what kind of ambulance, in first lane, I would have given it the benefit of doubt, even if it does not light and sound its siren.

I would have given way.

Lane 2 was pretty crowded too, maybe that blue Airwave had difficulty in switching over?

Infront of the blue airwave in lane 1 was very packed too, ambulance was caught in heavy traffic hours simply. Don't just judged the blue airwave just like that.

PS: I am not that driver or relative/friend of the blue airwave :)

Personally for me there is no excuse for the Airwave. I see no attempt to filter to second lane nor any other attempt to let the ambulance pass. The folks in second lane would have given way, surely.

Neutral Newbie

used to drive for civic ambulance years ago... normal practise to on the siren on peak hour to go from one point to another... the drivers will sumtime misuse it.. niways i'm neutral in this situation.. just give the ambulance a benefit of the doubt... Happy weekends n stay safe!! no pun intended

Ambulance driver failed big time

Over take nv jammmmmmmed burlake

Hshahaha

The Honda driver ought to be shot dead

He/she will cry if found out that's his/her parent inside

• Praise 3

Ya that's why u posted it up here. Well, hope that the driver of airwave is here and has seen n repented then.

Turbocharged

in this aspect, locals have lots to learn from Malaysian...

americans better ... ambulance/police they will all siam, give way, move away from the lane. even traffic jam they will squeeze together to allow emergency vehicles thru ...

• Praise 1

Giving way to ambulances should be an instinctive thing for all of us. I am forever grateful for the SCDF ambulance crew who arrived at my place within 5-10 mins of our 995 call many years ago.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1