• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Rs_mini
  • Rs_mini
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Bros!

Just checking if anyone here is driving an Alphard/Vellfire?

Was wondering if anyone knows of any forums for the above?

Thanks!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Someone's gonna come in soon laugh.gif

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Someone's gonna come in soon laugh.gif

I am here.. HAHA laugh.gif laugh.gif
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi Bros!

Just checking if anyone here is driving an Alphard/Vellfire?

Was wondering if anyone knows of any forums for the above?

Thanks!

Bro.. Welcome aboard..

you can join us www.alphardasiaclub.com ..

find my name at the Singapore section.. laugh.gif

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I am here.. HAHA laugh.gif laugh.gif

Can response faster in future or not, you are the ambassador for Veilfire in MCF leh laugh.gif

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Can response faster in future or not, you are the ambassador for Veilfire in MCF leh laugh.gif

HAHA. PS la boss.. now only see ma.. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

Mamamia
  • Premium member
    Mamamia
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Just curious. In terms of height, both Alphard and Vellfire almost same.

Do you have any issues with car parks? U need clearance of 2m?

I am asking cause I don't find any clear answers after a search.  Previously when I had the Q7 V8, the air suspension which is height adjustable saves the day.  Now I need to buy back a 7 or 8 seater.

So my choices now are:-

1. Vellfire 3.5 G

2. Alphard

3. Estima (min priority)

4. R350 (min priority)

5. Sharan

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just curious. In terms of height, both Alphard and Vellfire almost same.

Do you have any issues with car parks? U need clearance of 2m?

I am asking cause I don't find any clear answers after a search.  Previously when I had the Q7 V8, the air suspension which is height adjustable saves the day.  Now I need to buy back a 7 or 8 seater.

So my choices now are:-

1. Vellfire 3.5 G

2. Alphard

3. Estima (min priority)

4. R350 (min priority)

5. Sharan

u can go after market custom ur suspension to adjustable one

anyway other options u can consider are Elgrand and Odyssey which are lower in height than Alphard/vellfire

Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What is the diff btw Alphard & Veilfire?

Serious question.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

u can go after market custom ur suspension to adjustable one

anyway other options u can consider are Elgrand and Odyssey which are lower in height than Alphard/vellfire

How about Chrysler Grand Voyager, Ford Galaxy and Mazda 8 and Biante? These are all full-sized MPVs.

What is the diff btw Alphard & Veilfire?

Serious question.

I thought it's internal same, engine same, and only exterior different. Vellfire is more sporty looking.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How about Chrysler Grand Voyager, Ford Galaxy and Mazda 8 and Biante? These are all full-sized MPVs.

I thought it's internal same, engine same, and only exterior different. Vellfire is more sporty looking.

Galaxy is good but not a good brand in sg
Mazda 8 considered not bad but still lack of luxury feels
Biante need to say?
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

Jajoba123
  • Jajoba123
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i normally mistaken the alphard / vellfire driver as a chauffeur

if u consider buying a MPV, estima is better.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i normally mistaken the alphard / vellfire driver as a chauffeur

if u consider buying a MPV, estima is better.

As ppl carrier, i think Alphard/Vellfire is better than Estima.  Alphard/Vellfire is taller than Estima, so easier to get out.

Most importantly, don't buy 2.4L.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

As ppl carrier, i think Alphard/Vellfire is better than Estima.  Alphard/Vellfire is taller than Estima, so easier to get out.

Most importantly, don't buy 2.4L.

Yes, easier to get in/out, but also means car is taller, so got more MSCP cannot go in leh...

Did you mean don't buy 2.4L Alphard/Vellfire, or don't buy 2.4L Estima?

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yes, easier to get in/out, but also means car is taller, so got more MSCP cannot go in leh...

Did you mean don't buy 2.4L Alphard/Vellfire, or don't buy 2.4L Estima?

I mean both.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I mean both.

why leh? No power?

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

why leh? No power?

Sibei no pwr.  1st gen Estima 2.4L.  5 girls + 2 guys + Luggage.  No matter how we step on the throttle, it will not go beyond 40km/h.

I drove Alphard 3.5L in MY.  There is enough torque that not much throttle input is required even when there are 7 adults in it.

Edited by Davidtch, 14 May 2014 - 04:36 PM.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Sibei no pwr.  1st gen Estima 2.4L.  5 girls + 2 guys + Luggage.  No matter how we step on the throttle, it will not go beyond 40km/h.

I drove Alphard 3.5L in MY.  There is enough torque that not much throttle input is required even when there are 7 adults in it.

should not be lah,

if in this case, your gearbox got problem,

BTW, I tested new Honda Ody, quite responsive power output [thumbsup]

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think maybe your gearbox was spoilt. Drove an Estima on the NSHW with 4 adults and 3 kids plus luggage and still can cruise at 110-120km/h easily.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

should not be lah,

if in this case, your gearbox got problem,

BTW, I tested new Honda Ody, quite responsive power output [thumbsup]

Forget to write that we were driving on a stretch with slope that is about 20 deg.

Nowadays, both ody & estima is on CVT.  It might be better.

In my opinion, with both vehicles weight around 1.7 ton, it is not ideal to drive with 2.4L.  Move of course, can move.  How to overtake slow moving vehicles?

Edited by Davidtch, 14 May 2014 - 05:40 PM.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Toyota Alphard

Toyota Alphard  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Lansing  |  Neutral Newbie

a passsenger van.

i had a chance to drive this van for 2 weeks. and i must say its performance is rather disappointing. When occupied with 7 adults, i have to almost floored the accelerator to pick up. It is only quiet when driven alone.

Toyota Alphard

Toyota Alphard  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JingHng_1990  |  Neutral Newbie

Nothing for Luxury than the Alphard.

Hi all! Just test drove the Alphard 2 days ago. It was elegant and distinctive like a Lexus. Very roomy like other mpv but pick the best only for your family. I love it!

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Toyota Alphard, Toyota Vellfire, Toyota Vellfire Hybrid

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, alphard vs vellfire and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users