To Those COE Expiring 1-2 Years Time.

Rogersk8ter

My Mit Grandis COE exp 2015.

What factors will swing you towards renew the COE for 5 or 10 years?

At what PQP level will it be worthwhile?

Not forgetting higher road tax and maintenance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My Mit Grandis COE exp 2015.

What factors will swing you towards renew the COE for 5 or 10 years?

At what PQP level will it be worthwhile?

Not forgetting higher road tax and maintenance.

its 10yrs or nothing in the very first consideration

i don't think worth to renew COE.

unless u know that your car is in tip top condition and will be driving for another full cycle of COE expiry.

if PQP drops to25k and i forsake my parf of 20k, a total of 45k for another 10 yrs....

i think its worthwhile for my ody :wub:

My Trajet also dying May 2015. Yes, if PQP is lower than 30K, I will seriously consider. Since buying another car also need to down at least 40% (I assume the loophole will have been plugged), extending the COE makes sense. Just pay up one shot and no monthly instalments for next 10 yrs ....

if PQP drops to25k and i forsake my parf of 20k, a total of 45k for another 10 yrs....

i think its worthwhile for my ody :wub:

that's why i said it is really worth it if one can control the itch of changing car and drive for another cycle of COE expiry.

otherwise,PARF cars are still the better options.

my uncle bought a used 1991 E-class and drove throughout the expiry of 2nd COE cycle,after which he bought a used PARF E-class.

will one receive notification to renew coe when the time is up?

Not sure for passenger cars. They sent letter a few months before my fathers good vehicle coe was due to expire. The letter provides useful info on what to do if want to renew or to scrap.

• Praise 1

Not sure for passenger cars. They sent letter a few months before my fathers good vehicle coe was due to expire. The letter provides useful info on what to do if want to renew or to scrap.

I though they should, else if one forgot about it and try to renew road tax then will know coe expires.

When come to collecting $$$, sure very pro-active one. :D

end coe not confirm collect money if no renew right? somemore must give money not meh?

If car can survive another Coe cycle, then it is advisable to renew. If not wait after renew Coe, car gives problems then problem.

my car ending 2014....but i dont intend to renew. because annual inspection + increase in rd tax and unforeseen wear and tear replacement can be very troublesome.....

• Praise 1

I though they should, else if one forgot about it and try to renew road tax then will know coe expires.

Yes, they will send notice letter.

↡ Advertisement