To Those COE Expiring 1-2 Years Time.

Rogersk8ter

i knew my car outside in...ha....

the thing is, my car is not so common on the road, and parts tends to be very expensive, even if can find in scrap yard. they also potong carrot.

For me, to renew, I need to first put in quite some $$$ to replace the wear and tear......hitting 200KKM already, although engine and other mechanical still going strong, but would not want to risk it. cannot find parts is the worst for me.

so i rather give up....

My Mit Grandis COE exp 2015.

What factors will swing you towards renew the COE for 5 or 10 years?

At what PQP level will it be worthwhile?

Not forgetting higher road tax and maintenance.

Yup..the road tax progressively increase by 10% each year till the 5th year. End up for a 2000cc paying at 3000cc rate at the 5th year.

Probably worth getting if coe is at 20-25k if there are no major mechanical issues. Not sure about jap cars after the 10th year as I have nvr driven one past the 9th year.

Edited by Kauctions66
  • Praise 1

The only country in the world where cars is so damn expensive but most cars are actually less than 10 yrs old! very contradicting! lucky mine is made up north...can get a new engine (illegal) for nearly the price of a total overhaul!

Turbocharged

For me I may renew..I foresee to obtain the same level of performance as my current car I will have to downpay an arm and an leg next time for a brand new car..

COE may tumble (that's still hearsay) and cars may be cheap but 50% down is still no joke... [laugh]

• Praise 1

i knew my car outside in...ha....

the thing is, my car is not so common on the road, and parts tends to be very expensive, even if can find in scrap yard. they also potong carrot.

For me, to renew, I need to first put in quite some $$$ to replace the wear and tear......hitting 200KKM already, although engine and other mechanical still going strong, but would not want to risk it. cannot find parts is the worst for me.

so i rather give up....

can always go to bolehland to do.

Turbocharged

I was thinking of picking up some of those gems which people dunch want like those performance cars left say 1-2 years and then renewing them for another 10 years when the COE comes down a bit..cars like some Lotus models come to mind.. [:p]

I was thinking of picking up some of those gems which people dunch want like those performance cars left say 1-2 years and then renewing them for another 10 years when the COE comes down a bit..cars like some Lotus models come to mind.. [:p]

yeah.. alot of them

if PQP drops to25k and i forsake my parf of 20k, a total of 45k for another 10 yrs....

i think its worthwhile for my ody :wub:

Yes. If yr car is in good condition n a new coe/pqp plus scrap value together is reasonable....sometimes its worth to keep car another 10 yrs. If yr car reaching 20 yrs n still in good condition n coe/pqp price is low even better cos now u dun lose any scrap value. U just pay coe/pqp price to use another 10 yrs.

Last time my coe corona still good condition n i did consider to renew coe fr another 5 or 10 yrs but bcos coe was expected to become more ex..i decided to change car b4 e coe became more ex. That corona cud easily last till 30yrs. Car was damm solid. My only fear was if can still find spare parts or not.

Yup..the road tax progressively increase by 10% each year till the 5th year. End up for a 2000cc paying at 3000cc rate at the 5th year.

Probably worth getting if coe is at 20-25k if there are no major mechanical issues. Not sure about jap cars after the 10th year as I have nvr driven one past the 9th year.

I had a Corona CD auto b4 n did consider renewing coe another 5/10 yrs to bring it to 25/30yrs old.

It was in very good condition but due to expected increase of coe/pqp i had no choice but to sell it n get another car.

Road tax was still not ex. I think only abt $1.2k at that time. Now r.tax is lower wil b even less.

I see a similar corona cd in my mscp n owner must hv renewed coe another 10 yrs. The car still looks damm good n i see it moving around its still in very good condition.

I think its depreciation only abt $700 a year. Super low. [:p]

The only country in the world where cars is so damn expensive but most cars are actually less than 10 yrs old! very contradicting! lucky mine is made up north...can get a new engine (illegal) for nearly the price of a total overhaul!

Our gharmen has devised a system to earn maximum revenue n taxes from car owners.

Our cars expensive n only last 10 yrs. Well ty cud easily chop us b4 but now pples eyes r opening up so we see more n more OP coming in. More n more pple r just getting fed up with e p8p n all their tricks.

still less than 2 yrs to 2015, hard to predict what's gonna happen.

just wait and hope for best [flowerface]

Ya if coe/pqp can drop to <$20k. ... I too wil renew my coe fr my optra.

I wud love a nice 911 but i think still too ex in sg. More likely it is more practical to do that in msia.

my car ending 2014....but i dont intend to renew. because annual inspection + increase in rd tax and unforeseen wear and tear replacement can be very troublesome.....

you may get to buy a replacement brand new car in 2014 at "cheap" price.

bec 2004, 05 was boom coe supply years and with the recent CM1, good news for u again?

From Onemotoring:

"LTA allows changing of engines provided that it is of the same type as the original one. Therefore, LTA would require the following to be submitted for evaluation:

New or reconditioned engines

a) Invoice or bill of sales from the supplier of the replacement engine.

b) Certification from vehicle manufacturer or the local sole agent stating that the replacement is of the same type as the original one."

So we can change engine? Question is whether we can find one 10 year down the road.