Car single knock noise coming from the rear

Jtb

Anybody has this experience on the noise whenever the car is slowly turning or reversing and sometimes coming down from a steep mscp and a sharp turn to the exit?
I have been trying to figure out whether it is from my boot/tire behind and found nothing that made the noise.

Asked around and said it maybe the drive shaft or the CV joint.....

↡ Advertisement

not sure if your sound and mine same. but i do have this sound coming from my right rear wheels... the WS tell me is due to a missing pin in my brake caliper (the pin hole misalign so they cannot put back the pin for me)... so the brake pad did not hold up well and will make noise whenever i brake too hard or reverse my car. [;)]

not sure if your sound and mine same. but i do have this sound coming from my right rear wheels... the WS tell me is due to a missing pin in my brake caliper (the pin hole misalign so they cannot put back the pin for me)... so the brake pad did not hold up well and will make noise whenever i brake too hard or reverse my car. [;)]

mine is more on turning, the single knock will be heard.

mine is more on turning, the single knock will be heard.

Found this thread coincidentally, same here. As mentioned above, a mech told me also smthg to do w brake. May b need a mech stand at rear of ur car follow u reverse slowly n listen to source. What ur ride?