My Samsung LCD TV.. repaired

Kezg1

Hi Guys,

sorry to err...kinda hijack this thread here...mine's not a Samsung TV...its a ...Sony..Bravia..

TV is actually functioning fine..except for the screen..think can repair?

attachicon.gifIMG-20140416-WA0000.jpg

In general, if its the screen, don't bother replacing it.

The screen takes up the bulk of the cost of the tv.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

donno whether Mr Ho can repair aircon compersor PCB

if can, he can make big bucks

my friend the air con pcb just up lorlee

Hi Guys,

sorry to err...kinda hijack this thread here...mine's not a Samsung TV...its a ...Sony..Bravia..

By the look of the monitor, I do not think this can be repair...scratches is it ?

Your children think its a touch screen ...LOL.

donno whether Mr Ho can repair aircon compersor PCB

if can, he can make big bucks

my friend the air con pcb just up lorlee

I am no aircon guy but generally if PCB coz problem..it should be only be replace unless you know how to repair yourself...

I like to thanks TS for recommending Mr Ho.

called him today and he solved my LCD TV power supply problem.

I didn't meet him though.

heard from my father that he did a very good job and my father had a good chat with him.

No prob. just helping only..moreover uncle is a nice chap....

hahaha...

it is more like flaky dry skin...

started from the bottom of the screen..then it worked its way up.

oh well...we'll just take a trip to Mustaffa then...look see look see for new 46" LED TV! [grouphug]

this one will have to move to the computer room then.

Hi Guys,

Hey, my mum's Sony LCD TV also like that. Seems like quite common with Sony. BTW, this Sony is not made in Japan. Can't be due to kids or anything. No young kids in the house. TV had never been dropped either. The TV screen just seems to shatter.

Is it on the outside or inside? My Sharp LCD once had the lining (inside) starting to peel/bubble, and the outer most screen layer (just a dead piece of plastic) was replaced under warranty.

so..i am not alone!

yeah..this one not made-in-japan definitely..

this one the screen outside..started from the bottom of the screen..like dry skin..peeling.

no way to repair huh?..or cost too much?

no more warranty liao..had this tv for almost 5 yrs oredi.

(edited)

2 days back my 40" series 4 TV color faded quite badly...as it is only 4 years old, its a waste to sell to

karang guni( probably can fetch $10 only). So made a few call to friends and in-laws if there

is any lobang of TV repair man....Was given a number to call.(mr Ho, 62524555)

Old unker came to my hse, saw the faded color..open up

..check here and there..toke out a PC board and said he needed to bring back and change a chip as

he need to buy it at SL tower

Next day came back and fixed up everything..ON the TV....and it goes http://www.mycarforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/thumbsup.gif ...cost $90

To me its worth it...and probably will last me another 3 or 4 years before I buy a new one

Have a chart with him and understand that nowadays not many people will repair their TV once it is

a few years old...

So what I am harping here is ...if your TV kong-out and you wanted to know if it can be repair and safe some

$.....do give him a tinker

BTW...he not relate to me..just helping lah

If I have accidentally deleted a bro msg...here it is..thks for ur support...cheers

Edited by Kezg1

I have a Philip 42PFL3609 that was bought in Sep 2009.

The sound is kinda screwed up - there is a sizzling sound when I turn the volume up. At extreme low volumes, the sound is okay.

Do you think it is worth repairing or should I just get a second hand cheap soundbar? (anyone got lobang?)

For clarity, this is a damn old model that isn't tvb2 compliant and without smart functions but I am hesitant to replace it cuz I am moving house sometime in May this year.

Edited by Kusje

I have a Philip 42PFL3609 that was bought in Sep 2009.

The sound is kinda screwed up - there is a sizzling sound when I turn the volume up. At extreme low volumes, the sound is okay.

Do you think it is worth repairing or should I just get a second hand cheap soundbar? (anyone got lobang?)

For clarity, this is a damn old model that isn't tvb2 compliant and without smart functions but I am hesitant to replace it cuz I am moving house sometime in May this year.

Is it the same when you play a dvd?

The reason I asked was mine started to have the same symptom right after I changed to fiber optic bundle with SH...

Is it the same when you play a dvd?

The reason I asked was mine started to have the same symptom right after I changed to fiber optic bundle with SH...

Actually this is in my MIL place. Her tv is connected direct to the same tv point for the past 25 years and she has no set top box.

She also doesn't have a dvd player but I think I could bring one over to try next weekend.

Actually this is in my MIL place. Her tv is connected direct to the same tv point for the past 25 years and she has no set top box.

She also doesn't have a dvd player but I think I could bring one over to try next weekend.

Good luck n keep me posted...

Not worth getting 2nd hand or display electronic products but that's just me.

• Praise 1

The soundbar I am targetting on gumtree is going for 20 bucks only lol.

(edited)

My Sony LED TV just slipped into coma last night... I've just called Mr Ho, hope he can revies it wihout me having to send it into Sony Hospital :dizzy:

Edited by Bluepica

(edited)

My Sony LED TV just slipped into coma last night... I've just called Mr Ho, hope he can revies it wihout me having to send it into Sony Hospital :dizzy:

Haha actually my samsung tv on Friday night couldn't power on, called Mr Ho, he said he will come Saturday AM.

Then i was not home, so my wife powered on the TV to try on Sat AM, then can work liao. Lol called to cancel Mr Ho's appointment  [laugh]

I was tempted to ask him just come over but realised no way to know if his repair job would work since the TV was fine. And still is fine till today.

Somehow this thing happens every few months...

Edited by Lala81

Supersonic

Paiseh. Forgot to report back.

Managed to get a 2nd hand soundbar for cheap and it works fine.

Haha actually my samsung tv on Friday night couldn't power on, called Mr Ho, he said he will come Saturday AM.

Then i was not home, so my wife powered on the TV to try on Sat AM, then can work liao. Lol called to cancel Mr Ho's appointment [laugh]

I was tempted to ask him just come over but realised no way to know if his repair job would work since the TV was fine. And still is fine till today.

Somehow this thing happens every few months...

Actually really no point repairing.

Nowadays so cheap. post-34895-0-84829600-1469674422_thumb.jpeg

49" LED TV About $600 sgd nia

↡ Advertisement