ST Forum: Don't make it so hard to report illegal parking

Vulcann

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-...arking-20130322

Don't make it so hard to report illegal parking

Published on Mar 22, 2013

IN THE early hours of March 13, I saw several vehicles parked illegally in Lorong Mambong in the Holland Village area.

As it was a common occurrence, I decided to photograph the vehicles and submit the photos to the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for action.

I received an e-mail reply on Monday telling me that I should have reported these offences on the One.Motoring website.

However, the form for reporting is long and detailed, and deters people from reporting offences.

Since November 2010, the LTA has taken over the enforcement and administration of illegal parking offences from the Traffic Police.

The police are on duty 24 hours a day, but what are the working hours of LTA enforcement officers?

Does the Traffic Police still have the authority or initiative to issue summonses for illegal parking?

It would be more effective for both agencies to work together to improve the parking and traffic situation.

Khoo Boon Lee

↡ Advertisement

I thought a picture paints a thousand words? At least take some action. Otherwise, people will give up doing so.

TP and LTA has to note that it takes time and effort to send such reports.

Some shops there open till early hours in the morning mah. Even though there's a single yellow zig zag line on each side of the curb, no enforcement, no point. Early hours in the morning, most enforcement like you and me are sleeeping. Might as well suggest to close the road for good to prevent any vehicle from entering. Problem solved. Comprain about the difficulty to comprain takes up too much effort & time. :D

very hard meh?? I also use their online form to report illegal parking before .... jeesh, this Khoo Boon Lee is obviously very special man. Does he want LTA officers to pay him a visit, give hamper as well ?? [dizzy]

Eat Full No s--t to 'pang'

There are always cars parked along new bridge road, on double yellow lines just after the cantonment complex. It seems that the cars belongs to police officers. I wonder if LTA and traffic police will take action against them if we complain.

Edited by Silklee

f--k la.....just give and take.

Why so hard all the time. Knn....go stay in North Korea if you want to be so regimental

As long as the car did not block the way, as long as it did not hinder any emergency vehicles......for what people so kaypo?

In Singapore....only Singaporeans Attack Singaporeans. Who needs enemies when we cant even cooperate to give and take at times?

This kay poh has a lot of time,

even if it is difficult, he will still do it.

So no need to make it easy for him or her

:D

No wonder Ppl always said singaporean fking too free too much time on hand and sibei kpo.. U see so many illegal parking on the road everytime and everyday.. Y not report everytime u see 1..

Edited by JX83

Usually Only people ring up to LTA hotline or TP then only they start action..usually 2 enforcement bikes

They have limited resources to patrol all areas...

so now they have already step up to install 30 cameras to areas which are prone to illegal parking..

if successful, they will install more and spread to more areas such as Primary schools or MRT Drop off areas.

[;)]

The police are on duty 24 hours a day, but what are the working hours of LTA enforcement officers?

most likely they check in to office 9am-10am..then tea break 1hr..work 1hr..then go lunch from 12pm-2pm..work 1 hour then go afternoon tea break..then prepare to knock off..rinse and repeat [laugh]

sometimes report already also no use.

LAzy buggers always park at the handicap lot near my block simply because its near. (there are hundreds of empty lots further away or at MSCP)...

I took picture and submit to HDB, called them, they also never fine. The enforcement officers just come, totally ignore that the lot is out of bounds to normal cars, scan the RFID and moved on... freaking idle.

So many times i placed notes on those cars to ask the owners to be more considerate, but since they never get any summons, they also hack care.

Edited by Chrispie

Neutral Newbie

Because of new eateries at Frankel Avenue, nowadays I get people park in front of my house when I come home from work. Cannot event drive into my porch. Call LTA also no use, they take more than 45 minutes to come down. :angry:

fk06xw.jpg

i5282c.jpg

Edited by Robert

Because of new eateries at Frankel Avenue, nowadays I get people park in front of my house when I come home from work. Cannot event drive into my porch. Call LTA also no use, they take more than 45 minutes to come down. :angry:

The vehicles don't look like they are blocking any entry/exits.

Are you sure it's not just your driving skill?

Neutral Newbie

The vehicles don't look like they are blocking any entry/exits.

Are you sure it's not just your driving skill?

Yes. The blue one is. My gate is facing the white line - on the right of the blue car (sorry for bad pic)

The BMW is parking at the corner, within 6m of the junction and obstructing traffic. My home is on the right.

So die die, that junction is congested

This may be a better pic. Different pic, same location.

1f9rhh.jpg

Edited by Robert
↡ Advertisement