Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
39 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Robert
  • Robert
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

buy your own wheel clamp

I was thinking of buying the rubber orange thingy. And also buying a rubber snake.

Place the snake inside the rubber orange thing.

When they move the thing away, they will get a huge shock seeing a "snake".

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Moredhel
  • Premium member
    Moredhel
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

buy your own wheel clamp

Good suggestion!
Sexy Ass Tiko Ranger:- ^^
"How fortunate for leaders, that the masses do not think." - Hitler.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Moredhel
  • Premium member
    Moredhel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I was thinking of buying the rubber orange thingy. And also buying a rubber snake.

Place the snake inside the rubber orange thing.

When they move the thing away, they will get a huge shock seeing a "snake".

One of the bros here mentioned something about a device to release tyre air.

Mayhaps a purchase of that and a call to LTA will prove effective deterrent.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Robert
  • Robert
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

One of the bros here mentioned something about a device to release tyre air.

Mayhaps a purchase of that and a call to LTA will prove effective deterrent.

Thought of releasing tyre air - but even after LTA places a summon on his windshield, he cannot drive off and I also cannot go out. wacko.gif

So you saw the pix I posted.

And when I confronted them they say "Sorry, I did not know cannot park here". Friend, blocking a gate, park within 6m of junction, along a white line. How many more offences?

Some even lagi best - say - "I not from here, did not know cannot park here".

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

In anyway..the public road doesn't belong to any landed property owner....if wanna complain...take a walk to any landed property area...tons of the owners parking their cars illegally too....

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Robert
  • Robert
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

In anyway..the public road doesn't belong to any landed property owner....if wanna complain...take a walk to any landed property area...tons of the owners parking their cars illegally too....

I don't really have a major problem with people parking illegally - but when they blatantly park infront and block my gate, that's a different story.

When they park illegally up to the edge of a junction (which blocks the road view of a driver) that is endangering lives.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Moredhel
  • Premium member
    Moredhel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thought of releasing tyre air - but even after LTA places a summon on his windshield, he cannot drive off and I also cannot go out. wacko.gif

So you saw the pix I posted.

And when I confronted them they say "Sorry, I did not know cannot park here". Friend, blocking a gate, park within 6m of junction, along a white line. How many more offences?

Some even lagi best - say - "I not from here, did not know cannot park here".

Call the most expensive tow services for them. laugh.gif

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Robert
  • Robert
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Call the most expensive tow services for them. laugh.gif

I did call the Traffic Police for advise - they said it is illegal to tow away without police authorisation. WTF.

There are two elderly people living with me - what if there is an emergency and the ambulance gets blocked?

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I don't really have a major problem with people parking illegally - but when they blatantly park infront and block my gate, that's a different story.

When they park illegally up to the edge of a junction (which blocks the road view of a driver) that is endangering lives.

put rubbish bin lor to block the way lor...laugh.gif

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Robert
  • Robert
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

put rubbish bin lor to block the way lor...laugh.gif

Tried that. I secretly watch. LTA come and move it to the kerb. blush.gif

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

buy big potted plants ah..so harder to shift..or park ur own car at where people park.
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Robert
  • Robert
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

buy big potted plants ah..so harder to shift..or park ur own car at where people park.

Can't park where people park, cos the location is within 6m of junction.

I park there, I kenna summon. Corner house difficult.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

put this tongue.gif

I'm a nobody, but try to convey my message across uniquely :)

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

Vulcann
  • Vulcann
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The authority finally replies...

From ST Forum:

Info needed to verify illegal parking: LTA
Published on Apr 04, 2013

FOR offences such as illegal parking, where offenders may be fined or prosecuted, we need to ensure that reports submitted are accurate before we proceed with enforcement action ("Don't make it so hard to report illegal parking" by Mr Khoo Boon Lee; Forum Online, March 22).

Important information such as the vehicle particulars, offence details, photo/video evidence and the feedback provider's contact are necessary for us to verify the facts of the alleged offence and to seek clarification if necessary.

In some instances, it may be necessary for the information provider to testify in court as a witness. This is why a certain amount of rigour is necessary to verify the authenticity and accuracy of information we receive from the public.

Both the Land Transport Authority (LTA) and the Traffic Police conduct regular patrols throughout the day, and may issue summonses to drivers who infringe parking regulations. Summonses issued by the Traffic Police will be processed by the LTA.

Helen Lim (Ms)

Director, Media Relations and Public Education

Land Transport Authority

World's Leading Distributor of MiG Parts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Cheepo
  • Cheepo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The authority finally replies...

From ST Forum:

Info needed to verify illegal parking: LTA
Published on Apr 04, 2013

FOR offences such as illegal parking, where offenders may be fined or prosecuted, we need to ensure that reports submitted are accurate before we proceed with enforcement action ("Don't make it so hard to report illegal parking" by Mr Khoo Boon Lee; Forum Online, March 22).

Important information such as the vehicle particulars, offence details, photo/video evidence and the feedback provider's contact are necessary for us to verify the facts of the alleged offence and to seek clarification if necessary.

In some instances, it may be necessary for the information provider to testify in court as a witness. This is why a certain amount of rigour is necessary to verify the authenticity and accuracy of information we receive from the public.

Both the Land Transport Authority (LTA) and the Traffic Police conduct regular patrols throughout the day, and may issue summonses to drivers who infringe parking regulations. Summonses issued by the Traffic Police will be processed by the LTA.

Helen Lim (Ms)

Director, Media Relations and Public Education

Land Transport Authority

Why don't Ms Helen Lim just tell us that LTA staff generally do not want to do more work than is necessary instead of issuing this kind of PR answer that says nothing. It was a complete waste of energy moving my eyeballs left and right to read her reply.

angry.gif

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I did call the Traffic Police for advise - they said it is illegal to tow away without police authorisation. WTF.

There are two elderly people living with me - what if there is an emergency and the ambulance gets blocked?

As much as I sympathize with your situation, I find it distasteful that you trot out the "what if there is an emergency" excuse. Seriously, if things are desperate enough, the medics are trained to use stretcher, and their gurneys have wheels anyway. Otherwise how they go to HDB flats fetch people down from the lifts?

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Vulcann
  • Vulcann
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Actually like many MCF bros I thought TP has relinquished all illegal parking enforcement actions recently but reading this statement from LTA proves that we are all wrong.

So please don't bochup the white helmeted chap when he come knocking on the window of your illegally parked vehicle or worst when he starts to whip out his little booklet.
World's Leading Distributor of MiG Parts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sometimes also no use. End up the potted plants and all the pots go missing. Must be someone with a lorry parked already then just remove all and take it all for himself. thumbsdown.gif

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Aimnfire
  • Premium member
    Aimnfire
    6th Gear
    Author Image

if only singapore have laws that give tow truck tow away to a compound
hire a hitman is far cheaper than hiring a lawyer
and it gets the job done

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Why don't Ms Helen Lim just tell us that LTA staff generally do not want to do more work than is necessary instead of issuing this kind of PR answer that says nothing. It was a complete waste of energy moving my eyeballs left and right to read her reply.

angry.gif

LTA is trained to give such PR answer in all their replies regardless what complaints they have received. unimpressed.gif I have sent a few complaints to LTA before, and most of them just tell me they will monitor the suitation!
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Forum, make, hard, report and 2 more...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users