Chevrolet Cruze LS 2012

Kohck

I am thinking of buying the Chevrolet Cruze LS 2012. It is sad that the Alpine Motor did not bring in the 2013 version.

I was told the first servicing at 1000 KM is free. May I know what is the mileage that the subsequent minor and major servicing will be done at?

Also, how much will it cost for the minor and major servicing at Alpine Motors?

↡ Advertisement

I am thinking of buying the Chevrolet Cruze LS 2012. It is sad that the Alpine Motor did not bring in the 2013 version.

I was told the first servicing at 1000 KM is free. May I know what is the mileage that the subsequent minor and major servicing will be done at?

What I know is the parts cost more than other jap and Korean cars... Call Song Yi autoparts to check price.. very ex.

Somemore they don't bring in the parts readily.. sometimes only Alpine has the parts and have to buy from them. My father drive a Captiva diessel.. pain in the neck to buy parts.

• Praise 1

What I know is the parts cost more than other jap and Korean cars... Call Song Yi autoparts to check price.. very ex.

Somemore they don't bring in the parts readily.. sometimes only Alpine has the parts and have to buy from them. My father drive a Captiva diessel.. pain in the neck to buy parts.

Didnt know that chevrolet car parts cost more than other make?! [:/] But overall chevrolet cars also not say very popular here?!

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

Didnt know that chevrolet car parts cost more than other make?! [:/] But overall chevrolet cars also nto say very popular here?!

I ask stockist (Songyi who is also stockist for Hyundai) why so ex since the parts also made in Korea? They told me 2 reason, one is bec Chevrolet priced themselves as Conti category so their factory cost higher, and second bec they are lesser Chevy on the roads. Lead time for lesser use parts such as fuel filter is 1-2 months.. for models that SG not so popular, must provide part number bec stockist dun know. For Hyundai parts. They know every part number.

I think 1K is jus rotation...then next servicing is 10KM...subsequent is 20KM...unlike other MIK, u incur less as a result of such....I remember paying close to 250++ for 10KM servicing...but my previous MIK...I know i incurred more.. parts replacement depend on what u r replacing...overall i find that if it is mere light bulbs or tyres...u can replace them outside and it is readily available....

• Praise 1

One thing that i am impressed by is the noise insulation of Cruze. I don't think Kia, Hyundai or Toyota could match its very good insulation. Am i right?

The pricing for maintenance for Cruze based on Alpine Motor are:

1 Year Package (2 servicing) = $ 568

2 Year Package (4 servicing) = $1178

3 Year Package (6 servicing) = $1938

Hence, we can see that servicing at 50K and 60K cost nearly $500 each. This is really expensive!!!

Cruze is using Tiptronic gear, not dual crutch. Any disadvantages or advantages? Any difference from Steptronic gear?

Cruze is using Tiptronic gear, not dual crutch. Any disadvantages or advantages? Any difference from Steptronic gear?

Gimmicky term lah. It's a torque converter, just like any automatic except it allows you shift gears manually more flexibly. So, e.g. 6-5-4-3-2-1 instead of OD off-2-1.

• Praise 1

The pricing for maintenance for Cruze based on Alpine Motor are:

1 Year Package (2 servicing) = $ 568

2 Year Package (4 servicing) = $1178

3 Year Package (6 servicing) = $1938

Hence, we can see that servicing at 50K and 60K cost nearly $500 each. This is really expensive!!!

Dont think many people go back AD for servicing. So go outside workshop servicing should be much cheaper.

Edited by 13177

Neutral Newbie

Alpine Motor jus come in CRUZE 2013....with new face lift..go now:) saw one color chocolate...got push start button,front n back New FaceLift....fuyoH:) dun miss dat SpiderMan CRuZe 5...

Edited by oren
  • Praise 1

Gimmicky term lah. It's a torque converter, just like any automatic except it allows you shift gears manually more flexibly. So, e.g. 6-5-4-3-2-1 instead of OD off-2-1.

Don't quite understand.... can explain clearer? How does the tiptronic gear works? It work similar to manual mode without the clutch, right?

I was told their GBX is also not very reliable, and had plenty of issues.....is that true?

What is the GBX??

Alpine Motor jus come in CRUZE 2013....with new face lift..go now:) saw one color chocolate...got push start button,front n back New FaceLift....fuyoH:) dun miss dat SpiderMan CRuZe 5...

I think the one in the showroom is the Cruze 2012 version. They did not bring in the Cruze 2013 version, right???

↡ Advertisement