• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1949 replies to this topic | 2,096 praises

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Caldina
  • Premium member
    Caldina
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Which is better?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

this was debate in mcf at least half a dozen time leh tongue.gif tongue.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Caldina
  • Premium member
    Caldina
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

this was debate in mcf at least half a dozen time leh tongue.gif tongue.gif

Sorry, let me check it out.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Audioniche
  • Audioniche
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Ease of travelling should be taken into consideration too. A tired child cannot learn as well.
HU - Clarion HX-D2 (with upgraded Power Supply)
Front 3 Way Active - Hybrid Audio Legatia L1 / L4 / L6
Amps - 3 X Genesis Dual Mono
Sub - Genesis A30.1
Monoblock - DLS A6
RCAs - Mogami

Photos can be found in Facebook under Audioniche

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For primary school...the best is a school near to your house....so the kid has more time to sleep and also everyday, the distance going to school is not too stressful for them.....don't always think school bus can do the job as they tend to stay back in school for CCA or supplementary classes....so school bus may not be able to fetch the kid and ended up..parent still need to do the fetching...for secondary school...at least the kid is older enough to take buses and train to school...for example...my kid was enrolled into a primary school just 2 min from my place....he can sleep till 6.30am and take a slow walk to school after breakfast...

Borrowed a statement from our minister......''All school in Singapore are good''

Edited by LoverofCar, 25 March 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Datsun366 praised this

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sorry, let me check it out.

for discussion sake, yes many had suggested the distant is more important unless there is one just across the road from your house.

Having said, some advocate elite school has better resource allocate for student learning and the culture play an important part of the learning experience. Neighbourhood primary can produce good people, Elite school can also produce very bad people biggrin.gif .
BabyBlade praised this

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

for discussion sake, yes many had suggested the distant is more important unless there is one just across the road from your house.

Having said, some advocate elite school has better resource allocate for student learning and the culture play an important part of the learning experience. Neighbourhood primary can produce good people, Elite school can also produce very bad people biggrin.gif .

How about an elite primary school at your neighbourhood? 2 in 1. biggrin.gif

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Which is better?

I was from elite primary school. You say leh? sleep.gif

Edit - knn Gram 昛老 mar dry.gif

Edited by Bavarian, 25 March 2013 - 03:49 PM.

I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

BlueOldMan
  • BlueOldMan
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Wa
Jus talking again abt this issue over the weekend
At my boy's fren bday party
Whole grp of 6 yo's parents
Can imagine the scene
Hahaha

I personally believe primary sch jus get convenient can Liao
It all depends on his/her psle result to let
Themselves pick their own sec with a bit of our explanation to make things clearer

But for my case, I dun try to put him in a pri school
Jus beside my house like wat majority of his classmates will try to go
I insist on gng all boy sch 5-10 min drive away where I come from
I dun even need to ballot n can go for
Think scheme 2a2? Something like that
Haha
Imo

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Which is better?

Go kiasu parent forum, you will get more informative discussion there.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

Versatile
  • Premium member
    Versatile
    5th Gear
    Author Image

no wonder.. laugh.gif
Jamesc praised this
Hyundai Avante 1.6MT - Jan 2010 / Sept 2011
Suzuki Swift Sports 1.6MT - Sept 2011 - Present

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Which school? I try to avoid it.
Jamesc praised this

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

talk like no talk, end up still in elite school tongue.gif tongue.gif

Wa
Jus talking again abt this issue over the weekend
At my boy's fren bday party
Whole grp of 6 yo's parents
Can imagine the scene
Hahaha

I personally believe primary sch jus get convenient can Liao
It all depends on his/her psle result to let
Themselves pick their own sec with a bit of our explanation to make things clearer

But for my case, I dun try to put him in a pri school
Jus beside my house like wat majority of his classmates will try to go
I insist on gng all boy sch 5-10 min drive away where I come from
I dun even need to ballot n can go for
Think scheme 2a2? Something like that
Haha
Imo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Home school better lah.
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hiphiphoray
  • Hiphiphoray
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

So simple.

If need to volunteer just to qualify for balloting chance.

I say forget it.

Choose the nearest school will do.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

LinOrLim
  • LinOrLim
    Banned

For primary school...the best is a school near to your house....so the kid has more time to sleep and also everyday, the distance going to school is not too stressful for them.....don't always think school bus can do the job as they tend to stay back in school for CCA or supplementary classes....so school bus may not be able to fetch the kid and ended up..parent still need to do the fetching...for secondary school...at least the kid is older enough to take buses and train to school...for example...my kid was enrolled into a primary school just 2 min from my place....he can sleep till 6.30am and take a slow walk to school after breakfast...

Borrowed a statement from our minister......''All school in Singapore are good''

Agree with this. But also check out the kind of CCAs they offer, it helps in the overall development of children

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

So simple.

If need to volunteer just to qualify for balloting chance.

I say forget it.

Choose the nearest school will do.

same thots as for me and my friends......we just let my god-daughter go to the nearest school including the PCF kindergarten...... laugh.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Which school? I try to avoid it.

Not that bad lah. I still grow up to be 国家的栋梁,社会的支柱,少年的榜样,酒吧的客户。 cool.gif

芽龙的常客。。this one i try to downplay.

Edited by Bavarian, 25 March 2013 - 03:58 PM.

I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hiphiphoray
  • Hiphiphoray
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i putting my kids into Pei Chun Primary not bcos of elite or neighbourhood. laugh.gif

But rather the school population consist practically 99% all chinese race. grin.gif

And only a small small handfull of Foreign PRs and other races. Less than 1%.

My ah boy gona register for next year P1 under Phase 1 via her sister currently in P4.

Her sister got in via Phase 2A2 bcos her daddy was ex-pupil.

The best is, the school is just opposite our block. Our kid can have sufficient sleep until 6.30am, ready for school by 7am. happy.gif

Edited by Hiphiphoray, 25 March 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Alpha78
  • Premium member
    Alpha78
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i putting my kids into Pei Chun Primary not bcos of elite or neighbourhood. laugh.gif

But rather the school population consist practically 99% all chinese race. grin.gif

And only a small small handfull of Foreign PRs and other races. Less than 1%.

My ah boy gona register for next year P1 under Phase 1 via her sister currently in P4.

Her sister got in via Phase 2A2 bcos her daddy was ex-pupil.

The best is, the school is just opposite our block. Our kid can have sufficient sleep until 6.30am, ready for school by 7am. happy.gif

Damn haolian, later people complain against you... laugh.gif

Some people do parent volunteer + donate money, still have to ballot to get their kids into that school.
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Neighbourhood, Elite, Primary and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users