Driver nabbed after high-speed chase from Punggol to Shenton

VellfireS

A 31-year old Singaporean driver had two police vehicles hot on his wheels in a 15km high-speed chase on Monday night, which spanned from around Punggol West to Shenton Way. He was eventually nabbed for driving while under disqualification, and for his rash act.

The police had been conducting an operation along the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) when the man's car whizzed past. He was found to be speeding, but did not stop when signalled to do so by the police. Instead, he stepped on the gas and sped off.

The police began their pursuit, which started along the KPE around Punggol West and moved to the East Coast Parkway (ECP). The chase ended after the car turned into a carpark along Prince Edward Road around Shenton Way, and the driver found himself cornered by the two police vehicles.

His car finally came to a halt after colliding with the police car. Police investigations are ongoing

Bugger. Trying to mess with Mata S80 [:/]

↡ Advertisement

Link :www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/driver-nabbed-after-high-speed-chase-punggol-shenton-way-20130326

I'm surprised the chase was so long. Perhaps he was driving so recklessly that the TPs kept a distance for safety. He has to stopped somewhere eventually.

Pui mazda 3 wanna outgun S80.

Hahaha.

I think either bugger zhng the M3 or mata who drove S80 not so confident. Or else why need 15km? [rolleyes]

its not chasing but mere following.

too risky to do it here in a highly conjested place... [shakehead]

watched too many holli or Bollywood movies.. :D

Turbocharged

its not chasing but mere following.

too risky to do it here in a highly conjested place... [shakehead]

watched too many holli or Bollywood movies.. :D

Actually can.. whack round and round expressway.. if the Mz3 got full tank, i am sure the Volvo will run out of petrol sooner.. Only thing is, they may call for more backup.. [laugh]

Turbocharged

I'm surprised the chase was so long. Perhaps he was driving so recklessly that the TPs kept a distance for safety. He has to stopped somewhere eventually.

15km is not long considering KPE itself is almost 10km. Dont think it's safe to stop a vehicle at high speed in the tunnel.

Volvo still proof to be a more solid car........

the Mazda 3 like kena disabled liow....

Yep, look like the S80 did hit the Mz3 to disable it from the pic, our TP should follow the UK 'box' method...

OT a bit, I wonder if SG TP are taught how to stop/disable a runaway car or they simply call for more back up? Any ex TP can enlighten (If Any?)

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

previously had driven a friends Mazda 3 , tot it was already a solid car in its class, after seeing the pic gonna review my opinion about it.

i always think that the new models of Volvos are not ask hard as the old batches 940 etc...i am wrong..

That means he ran from the start of KPE at Punggol entrance, the tunnel whole stretch with cameras clicking and flashing, exit at Fort road, past Sheares Bridge, MBS and exit at Price Edward and dan to Shenton way. Actually the distance not really long.

Other dan being captured on camera in the KPE tunnel, he managed to damage the car he's driving and the TP's car. I think he's going to pay for the damages and the fines. Obviously no insurance cover coz disqualified. Somemore got more charges waiting for him in court.

Foolish to run.

think the Mazda 3 driver must be drunk or on drugs.. SG where can you run too, [laugh] number plate capture, even if can outrun TP, summon/court order still can chase to the owner's name and address.

Turbocharged

This guy must have the racing DNA and guts of S Vettel, never follow team order [laugh] [laugh]

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Icedbs