• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
52 replies to this topic | 52 praises

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Baojustice
  • Premium member
    Baojustice
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://www.groupon.s...-Auto/716845442

Worth?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hotshot85
  • Premium member
    Hotshot85
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Seems not bad, think maybe can bring my Atrex there to test it out lol.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Go at ur own risk..

sung beng
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hotshot85
  • Premium member
    Hotshot85
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Go at ur own risk..

sung beng

Whoa, thanks for the heads up bro! Kam sia many many smile.gif

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

most of the companies selling their products at dexl.com and groupunk.com really cmi.
all too desperate for business or will chut pattern when you go down and redeem the voucher.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

avoid laugh.gif

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Coolpica
  • Premium member
    Coolpica
    5th Gear
    Author Image

But then again the reviews from sgcarmart is damn gd.
http://www.mycarforu...=11157#comments
Which to trust ???

Edited by Coolpica, 28 March 2013 - 08:02 PM.

Signature. What is that?

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Taz
  • Taz
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I went for groupon twice, once for grooming and the other for servicing, and I don't recommend it.

The one for grooming, they used my car to train their bangala.
Two guys molested my car for almost 6 hours and I was absolutely pissed off by their slowness.
Furthermore, the sales guy kept pressuring me to add another $30 to seal the wax.
Btw, grooming involved 4 step: wash, clay, wax and seal.
I suspect they deliberately missed out 1 step and ask u to top up when u r there.
Meanwhile, I overheard the car next to me doing their servicing there.
The sales guy told him that his front brake pads are gone and need to be replaced.
Charged the around $150 additional. Sigh, where got brake pads so expensive? Didn't even mentioned brand some more.

The other time, I visited another shop. This time just to change engine oil and gasket.
My car was relatively new, so not much problem.
Overheard another lady driver bargaining the total price with some repairs and the groupon to be $300+
Not sure what she did.

In short, these groupon shops want you to visit their shop.
Then, they will find some trouble with your car and charge more than the market rate.
This is how they earned back. If I'm not wrong, they need to pay groupon 30% for what they charged in the voucher.

After these 2 experiences, I stopped going for any groupon offers for car matters.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

But then again the reviews from sgcarmart is damn gd.
http://www.mycarforu...=11157#comments
Which to trust ???

All comments from newbies.... Can trust? Would you trust? Would you just register a new nick just to say a workshop is good?
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I went for groupon twice, once for grooming and the other for servicing, and I don't recommend it.

Two guys molested my car for almost 6 hours and I was absolutely pissed off by their slowness.
Furthermore, the sales guy kept pressuring me to add another $30 to seal the wax.
I suspect they deliberately missed out 1 step and ask u to top up when u r there.
The sales guy told him that his front brake pads are gone and need to be replaced.
Charged the around $150 additional. Sigh, where got brake pads so expensive? Didn't even mentioned brand some more.

The other time, I visited another shop. This time just to change engine oil and gasket.
Overheard another lady driver bargaining the total price with some repairs and the groupon to be $300+
Not sure what she did.

Then, they will find some trouble with your car and charge more than the market rate.
This is how they earned back. If I'm not wrong, they need to pay groupon 30% for what they charged in the voucher.

After these 2 experiences, I stopped going for any groupon offers for car matters.

What shop? I also used groupon for car grooming. They screwed up my car. Workshop starts with S and located at Sin Ming.

Wonder if its the same as yours.

--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

Baojustice
  • Premium member
    Baojustice
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I went there to look see look see, saw many cars there. The receptionists all Philipinos and also saw they put a sign asking to write a review on sgcarmart for them if their service is good. I think if they dare to put up this sign, cannot be that bad rite? Also, expanding another shop in Kaki Bukit but I suspect is because the one in Circuit Rd gg to close when the MRT is ready.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i bought 2 coupons with 1st auto ... and used them within 6 months.

overall was ok as there is absolutely no hard-selling at all. They only tell me what they found "off" on my car and then full-stop.

first visit was off-peak and got it done within half an hour +.

second visit was around CNY ... waited for 2 hours before they started on my car, which took about 20 mins only.

both with appt made.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Jackzhangxiao
  • Jackzhangxiao
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Not sure what she did.

just wanted to add that groupon take 50%. not 30%. i used to be one of their merchant, but not in car area. never go back no matter how many times the sales person from groupon called me.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

i bought 2 coupons with 1st auto ... and used them within 6 months.

overall was ok as there is absolutely no hard-selling at all. They only tell me what they found "off" on my car and then full-stop.

first visit was off-peak and got it done within half an hour +.

second visit was around CNY ... waited for 2 hours before they started on my car, which took about 20 mins only.

both with appt made.

I can vouch for 1st Auto too. They are good. I got the promo oil change deal from gmarket. From my years of car ownership, the oil change service provided by 1st auto is the most thorough. When they say 18 or 21 service points check, they really do it. I thought it will be like other ws, only say but won't do it.

And whatever problem they find in your car but you don't wan to repair or change immediately, they will print the comments on the receipt , in order to make everything black and white.

This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Quekahwhye
  • Premium member
    Quekahwhye
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I can vouch for 1st Auto too. They are good. I got the promo oil change deal from gmarket. From my years of car ownership, the oil change service provided by 1st auto is the most thorough. When they say 18 or 21 service points check, they really do it. I thought it will be like other ws, only say but won't do it.

And whatever problem they find in your car but you don't wan to repair or change immediately, they will print the comments on the receipt , in order to make everything black and white.

I agree with donut which happen to me too.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Wishxsr
  • Premium member
    Wishxsr
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Sung Beng??! No No No.. 龙门客盏。。aviod at all time.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Forte3737

Sung Beng??! No No No.. 龙门客盏。。aviod at all time.

the one near eunos?

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Baojustice
  • Premium member
    Baojustice
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Found another car servicing promo package

http://list.qoo10.sg...H-EVO/406384283

Shld choose which one?
SB or 1st A for only basic servicing without engine flush as advised by bros here?

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

Anchorvalelane
  • Anchorvalelane
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Any Lobang for Car Servicing for Subaru Imperza 2008.

You're the best!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

Locknload
  • Premium member
    Locknload
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Apart from these servicing offers, another one to look out for are the Aircon servicing ones as prices quoted are just to vacuum the unit and wash the filter, which you can do on your own. What they're interested in are they charges for chemical cleaning and pumping gas.

Charges for car servicing or aircon maint are pretty standard all over and you get peace of mind.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Car, servicing, promo, package and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users