Parked BMW catches fire at Geylang Serai carpark

Yamapi

bmw_catches_fire_while_parked_in_geylang_serai_carpark-thumbnail.jpg

bmw11jpg1364522403776-data.jpg

vlcsnap2013032909h52m35s218jpg1364522408185-data.jpg

A BMW car caught fire at a carpark in the Geylang Serai on Wednesday (Mar 27), reported STOMPer Wiism who came across the scene and called the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) for help.

In his report, the STOMPer wrote:

"Was walking by Block 2A in Geylang Serai at about 12.30pm on Mar 27 when I saw smoke coming out from under the hood of a parked BMW 7-series car.

"Thinking that something was amiss and being afraid that the car might explode, I called the SCDF and quickly moved to a safe distance from the car.

"The car seemed to be unoccupied at the time.

"As I waited anxiously for the SCDF to arrive. I noticed some other passers-by try to extinguish the fire by using a fire extinguisher and the water hose, which can be very dangerous.

"Nevertheless, the SCDF came promptly to extinguish the fire and thankfully, no one suffered any injuries."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...ai_carpark.html

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

wah sei.....the fanboys will prob cum out n say the fire is normal and it's a small price to pay for superb engineering. :D

Turbocharged

Beemer want to catch up with ferarri or lambo mah.... notice many high end car on fire recently...its an 'in' thing... [laugh]

Come on, why the sarcasm, toyotas also known for super reliability but one caught fire in my mscp 2 yrs back and its the reknowned altis, could be a variety of factors improper installation, battery or etc

can claim ah?

Claim can claim, but market value lor. And you know what's the market value for all used cars now?

But, Hedge Dee Bee will quickly come and claim you first for the damage to their property.

Edited by Kangadrool

Neutral Newbie

Claim can claim, but market value lor. And you know what's the market value for all used cars now?

But, Hedge Dee Bee will quickly come and claim you first for the damage to their property.

Ouch [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement