Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

SUV u bother about FC for wat? [laugh] [laugh]

If fc 6-7km/l, isnt that jialat? Lol cos i travel alot and i not cash rich, so hehe

Seen new santa fe, very very nice, however interior no gps but driving position better than my rx

Do share more after u driven it for weeks, i might consider between sorento or santa fe. Seems korean suv are better than japs nowadays

Thought you thinking of xc90?

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Do share more after u driven it for weeks, i might consider between sorento or santa fe. Seems korean suv are better than japs nowadays

knn... rx dun drive go downgrade to kimchi ride ah?

u think the AD can offer u anything more than 120k trade in? [rolleyes]

• Praise 2

i was looking at toyota rav4 & kia sorento recently. Kia give 5yrs warranty no free svc. Toyota 5yr warranty 3yr free svc. Kia dont have power boot lifter, rav4 have.

Sorranto boot is bigger, no paddle shift. Rav4 premium got paddle shift. reliability toyota no need to say. this new sorento is yet to prove itself. I thk FC for both abt d same, n im comparing rav4 petrol vs sorento diesel.

• Praise 3

Thought you thinking of xc90?

Xc90 design time to change,the only car in world that never change model for 10 year. First like about the 7 seater and tank like body but i find the car very sluggish and again the design i dun like. Thought if they can take my car high price then i might consider

• Praise 1

knn... rx dun drive go downgrade to kimchi ride ah?

u think the AD can offer u anything more than 120k trade in? [rolleyes]

Cos i cant afford to buy new cayenne or X5, while xc90 sucks, any suv 7 seater on the price of xc90?

Just to add, I am getting an additional Kia Sorento 2013/2014 stuff from my excellent agent from FULCO, C&C official seller of the Kia. Look for Christine and tell her the Sorento Diesel owner. Hope she will give you good package.

Just drove back from town, took the longer way back home, was below 1500RPM while at 80km/h......FC has dropped to 9.5L/100KM.....let's see over the next few days, there was occasional sprints, when the turbo kicks in, boom, the car surges forward.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

your photo reminds me of a condo somewhere around dairy farm? [sly]

Hmm, this is the place outside the showroom when he collected his ride... [cool]

• Praise 2

Hi Echelon,

Is it ok to sidetrack abit? As I am considering the new Skoda Octavia that would most likely be coming in next year, from your experience with Skoda, how is the reliability like? What are the issues that you have encountered throughout your 7 years of ownership?

Also, if you have been going back to Harvest Automobiles for servicing, how is their service and charges like?

Would appreciate if you could share a little on your previous ride while you enjoy your current one. Thanks! =)

I bought the Skoda before Harvest Automobile took over. So I have been using Aldan Motors as my mechanic, they understand Skoda as they were one of the official Skoda Superb Taxi repair mechs.

Reliability for VAG stable of car are pretty similar, be it a VW, Audi, Skoda (SEAT is not available here) so, not to worry about spare parts. Reasonable pricing if you purchase your own spare parts, I cannot comment on disti charges. The new Octavia has a great look, at least for my Superb at my time, its really built like a tank and weigh like one as well.

Only issue was after 120,000km for me only,(i know some bros/sis out there dont have such issues) i faced some wear and tear issues, turbo issue was the most recent challenge, and internal wiring issues. Given that mine was an older ride and probably based on late 1999 technology at that time. But given that for the past 7 years I did get my car towed my ride about 6 times...I was a little sianz after awhile and recently some spare parts was not readily available because its an older car. HOWEVER with this said, purely from my Superb experience and mileage, I DONT believe that other users face the same issues. I have good friends whom are driving their OCTY still and loving it tremendously. The ride is just different, but got to add in one more point, I have found the KIA ride really refined and enthusiastic....otherwise how to convince a VAG driver.

I guess if there was a 7 seater, bigger SUV from Skoda, I would have considered it, but the KIA Sorento comes really close and quality and reliability has improved so much, just read that Peter Schreyer, formerly from Audi, was brought into KIA and Hyundai and recently President of KIA Motors and Chief Designer of both KIA and Hyundai. This gives me a lot of confidence as you see the design cue changing, 5 STAR NCAP, efficient engines, features....so you can say, a little of the VAG DNA was bought over. [:)]

Hope this helped!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Big questions asked by forum bros/sis here and even my friends - Why Diesel? Rattle sound after 3-4 years.....

(i) Why Diesel - my previous ride has high mileage, 250,000km after 7 years. Base on my pattern and mileage per year and after some diesel drivin buddies advise me and helped me calculate, it makes sense for a diesel and every year if I pass 21,000 or more KM I would have had my ROI. Hope that made sense, I got it calculated from several people for this.

(ii) Rattling sound - I was in a CRDi Hyundai cab that had 200,000km on the mileage and a 3 year old car, was impressed with how quiet it was, I asked the uncle, who happened to be the owner if it had any issues..he said no as long as you regularly take care of the engine, I also discovered that it dose not require spark plugs, no alternator...etc. ( my road to diesel engine discovery)

Also I poured through the internet searching for problems with the CRDi engine, found out it was award winning, professional reviewers all pointed to the direction of the diesel over the petrol variant, maybe from a torque standpoint, but diesels are widely accepted in the US and European regions, cleaner, more efficient and power on tap, I can't resist it. Even my wife was concerned but honestly in the last two days, I have never, NEVER seen my wife, "fight" over who to drive for our outings....... [laugh]

--------------------------------

Some VAG pals whom drive their rides top up North, goes with a 20L jerry can this should be sufficient to return back to SG, HOWEVER if you go for longer drives, you have to change your filters when you are back in SG, this honestly maybe a hassle.

But love the torque and so far fuel consumption seems like it will be good, just taken the ride 2 days only, so can't really tell yet, so far this is my quick 2 day summary.

Overall ride comfort is refined, when engined is warmed, you can't hear the diesel rattle from inside the car, from outside, you will still hear it, but not that bad as I was concerned about. With AWD, you feel confident taking corners, the features and equipment that comes with it, is really lots!

Just yesterday when it was a tad hot, the in-seat aircon was a welcomed feature I would have not thought I would ever need otherwise.

Kids love the moon roof which is beautiful, but do note that at night, people in the upper deck of a double decker bus could probably see in......

One more thing, it is a wide car compared to my previous ride...so parking was a new challenge for me, but the onboard parking system (plus Parking Assist - automated self parking) will meet that challenge.

Still discovering little things here and there. - Yes it comes with iPod connect, but as long as you have a 2-head 3.5mm jack, you can link your phone...or any other MP3 player to your car. Bluetooth search, call...etc. Cruise control - don't think I will use this in SG. Adaptive head light, very good feature. 4 heated seats for those colder days....(if it ever gets cold here).

Thumbs Up for KIA - the Sorentro 2013/2014 model is an excellent ride. Well done!

Well written review by a proud owner! Luckily u have managed to trade off your previous ride. Personally saw your ride yesterday and If you have driven slightly longer, you may have to spend more on maintenance. [:p]

• Praise 1

Hmm, this is the place outside the showroom when he collected his ride... [cool]

Thanks, I missed this, yes, it was outside the showroom at Ubi. FULCO, C&C. Kept my old license plate number.

(edited)

Well written review by a proud owner! Luckily u have managed to trade off your previous ride. Personally saw your ride yesterday and If you have driven slightly longer, you may have to spend more on maintenance. [:p]

Wah, now you know...hor. HHAHA...Skoda Superb I - my kids calls him "Skody" has served us well, but the last mile he was giving his best all the way.

Now to the new ride, Turbo Diesel, 436NM TORQUE....super shiok!

Edited by Echelon
↡ Advertisement