Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

guys, how do you tell the difference between petrol and diesel versions of Sorento

2.4A SX/EX ~ are these Petrol versions ?

Looking around for a used 2010 or 2013 advertised in sgcarmart at the moment

Hi, for Petrol engine you see a GDI tag at the back as it is 2.4 petrol. I am not exactly sure what will be stick for the diesel. For Diesel it is a 2.2 litre engine.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks bro, thats what i needed to know

so its GDI :) for diesel

EX/SX is petrol ...

i am not too sure for those 2010 to 2012 model. I am driving the 2013/14 model. at that time there is no EX or SX but it should be the SX model as it comes with most accessories included. Only the 2015 model onwards comes with EX and SX. SX is always the LUX model with more accessories included.

Also, it does not differentiate it Diesel or Petrol.it can be either or.

Edited by Black6

Thanks bro, thats what i needed to know

so its GDI :) for diesel

EX/SX is petrol ...

GDI is for petrol

Even for the 2010 model, only SX models come with the moonroof.

Neutral Newbie

Hi to all,

I'm looking at purchasing a new Sorento soon. As I know all types of cars will have their common problems, like Toyota Harrier have gearbox issues etc. Can I know anyone can share what is the usual problem for Sorento? Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Any good to have modifications or enhancements that you guys have done to the 2013 unit? Getting a pre owned next week and keen to learn more from you all gurus.

Neutral Newbie

No big problems except my middle seats keep jamming cant adjust up n down

Thanks, seems like Sorento is very reliable
  • Praise 1

Any good to have modifications or enhancements that you guys have done to the 2013 unit? Getting a pre owned next week and keen to learn more from you all gurus.

U can look at side steps

Chrome front grills

Door visor

Where would you recommend to get these 3 items, pls

You can try Taobao.com they will have these available for sale. I think you can get hold of side steps and window visors locally. but it will be rather expensive compare getting from Taobao.

Thanks.

Hi to all,

I'm looking at purchasing a new Sorento soon. As I know all types of cars will have their common problems, like Toyota Harrier have gearbox issues etc. Can I know anyone can share what is the usual problem for Sorento? Thanks

My turbo diesel sorento has been sibei reliable n no issues at all. Coming to 3 yrs liao. The engine is bulletproof. As a SUV w AWD, it's designed to handle tough conditions so our roads are sup sup sui.
  • Praise 2

My ride is a turbo diesel at 128,000km already. So far so good as well, everyone in the family loves it.

It can be a 7 seater anytime plus the engine is pretty good and on a full tank I get pretty good mileage.

• Praise 1

My ride is a turbo diesel at 128,000km already. So far so good as well, everyone in the family loves it.

It can be a 7 seater anytime plus the engine is pretty good and on a full tank I get pretty good mileage.

Hi Echelon,

Could you share with me the cost of an average servicing, as well as a major service of the car?

Thanks.

Did a test drive today. Engine was pretty noisy from outside, transmission not as refine compared to renault karjar

Hi All, I recently come across the recall from KIA. 

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/hyundai-kia-recall-over-1m-vehicles-for-engine-gremlins/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook#ftag=CAD590a51e

Knocking as I sometimes feel the knocking when i accelerate my car. This is when I am in a traffic jam or after driving for a while. Not always but i can feel it. I was wondering if anyone have the same. 

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement