Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

Supersonic

My 2.2 CRDi turbodiesel no knocking sound. The article says only 2.0 and 2.4L are affected. Since it's under warranty, u might as well send it in to C&C to take a look.

Or the knocking sound could be engine pinging. What RON petrol u using?

Edited by Soya
↡ Advertisement

My 2.2 CRDi turbodiesel no knocking sound. The article says only 2.0 and 2.4L are affected. Since it's under warranty, u might as well send it in to C&C to take a look.

Or the knocking sound could be engine pinging. What RON petrol u using?

I am using Ron95 Esso or Caltex. i don't find any issue with it until they renew my gearbox oil. not sure if this is related. will highlight when i go see them for my next servicing. You all receive a mailer from Kia that a Kia engineer from Korea is in town and register for inspecting the car?

Supersonic

I am using Ron95 Esso or Caltex. i don't find any issue with it until they renew my gearbox oil. not sure if this is related. will highlight when i go see them for my next servicing. You all receive a mailer from Kia that a Kia engineer from Korea is in town and register for inspecting the car?

Nope. Din receive anything from C&C. Maybe coz diesel version not in that recall list.

Supersonic

saw someone selling his sorento CRDI 2.2 March 2014 at SGD99k . , with mileage of 77k ..

is it reasonably priced ?

That one is an ex-rental / lease car. Used and abused u sure u want?

err  ..loose liao  .,.. better not .. but how you know its ex-rental /lease one ?

That one is an ex-rental / lease car. Used and abused u sure u want?

Supersonic

err ..loose liao .,.. better not .. but how you know its ex-rental /lease one ?

That unit was being lelong by Daimler Fleet Management a few weeks ago on sgcarmart.

I got a rental loan car from DFM b4. And we all know how rental cars are treated. That's probably why the price is so low as Sorento and Santa Fe depre is usually 13-14k/yr.

Btw, tink the mileage shown in the ad is tweaked too. IIRC, DFM listed the car mileage as 85k+ Pretty high for a 3 yr old car n a tell tale it was a rental or somebody's biatch

Edited by Soya

Hi, anyone change or fix their air-con b4? My sorento at 120k Mileage air-con not working, not sure is compressor or aircon clutch.any experience bro can advise? Thanks

My car 3yrs n 10mths..not sure the aircon is cover under 5yrs warrenty ..the manual didnt state.. i try call cnc tm to ask..thks

Yes, call C&C. I am complaining as well. it take a longer time to cool my interior too. can feel the air is warm and if you drive off then the cool comes faster. You can image on a extreme hot day and you need cooling fast. i did change to a carbon cabin filter. you can see the filter is thicker compare to original one. The air not as strong but any smell or odor will remove quite quickly. 

Yes, call C&C. I am complaining as well. it take a longer time to cool my interior too. can feel the air is warm and if you drive off then the cool comes faster. You can image on a extreme hot day and you need cooling fast. i did change to a carbon cabin filter. you can see the filter is thicker compare to original one. The air not as strong but any smell or odor will remove quite quickly.

Temperature got nothing to do with the filter... just the wind speed will be affected.

Temperature got nothing to do with the filter... just the wind speed will be affected.

Yes, I know. The fan filter is well before it reach the cooling coil. I change it myself. it is the coil or compressor that could be the problem. Will need to ask C&C.

(edited)

Call cnc, mileage more than 100k compressor no warranty. So I go north side workshop to test,confirm compressor sploit b4 proceed to change. However, no stock this model. Only hv earlier 2012 and later 2015 sorento model. So I call up another workshop doing mainly car air-con, same reply.

Again evening I drove to one workshop that service my lorry. Rosaries drove my car to parts shop double confirm any parts Ada. Again same story.. Only one or two parts shop bring in Korea parts.

So next day I call-up Malaysia Kia 2 different workshop to check parts..nabe.. Also no stock

So last step, I call my Vietnam friend buy direct from Kia which assemble the sorenoto...he managed to get the same made in Korea parts. ..so now I wait to get it in 2days then change..

It's abit troublesome compare to asking cnc to change but price cheaper.. No choice..

Edited by patrick14
↡ Advertisement