Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

Call cnc, mileage more than 100k compressor no warranty. So I go north side workshop to test,confirm compressor sploit b4 proceed to change. However, no stock this model. Only hv earlier 2012 and later 2015 sorento model. So I call up another workshop doing mainly car air-con, same reply.

Again evening I drove to one workshop that service my lorry. Rosaries drove my car to parts shop double confirm any parts Ada. Again same story.. Only one or two parts shop bring in Korea parts.

So next day I call-up Malaysia Kia 2 different workshop to check parts..nabe.. Also no stock

So last step, I call my Vietnam friend buy direct from Kia which assemble the sorenoto...he managed to get the same made in Korea parts. ..so now I wait to get it in 2days then change..

It's abit troublesome compare to asking cnc to change but price cheaper.. No choice..

wow... interesting and is there a reason why CnC don't supply parts to outside workshops. I don't really see PI Kia in SG so they should be supplier for these workshop. Did you try Harmony which got a good number of Hyundai and Kia cars repair there?

↡ Advertisement

Call cnc, mileage more than 100k compressor no warranty. So I go north side workshop to test,confirm compressor sploit b4 proceed to change. However, no stock this model. Only hv earlier 2012 and later 2015 sorento model. So I call up another workshop doing mainly car air-con, same reply.

Again evening I drove to one workshop that service my lorry. Rosaries drove my car to parts shop double confirm any parts Ada. Again same story.. Only one or two parts shop bring in Korea parts.

So next day I call-up Malaysia Kia 2 different workshop to check parts..nabe.. Also no stock

So last step, I call my Vietnam friend buy direct from Kia which assemble the sorenoto...he managed to get the same made in Korea parts. ..so now I wait to get it in 2days then change..

It's abit troublesome compare to asking cnc to change but price cheaper.. No choice..

Wow!! You jumped through a lot of hoops to get the compressor... maybe with all the time and fuel you used to find the part, going to C&C would come to the same?

I only go 2workshop in 1day but I call n whatsapp the rest with photos of the part to find out.. No so silly to run up n down la

(edited)

Bro,did u try checking with stockist ming ghee on Kia parts?

On a side note,I m in the midst of selling my car..n seriously considering getting a used 2nd gen serento diesel..will be abit worried if spare parts are not available outside c&c..

http://m.sgcarmart.c...o.php?ID=639596

Does anyone know the owner of above Sorento?

Edited by Yadado

hi, manage to replace my air con compressor after receiving the new parts by air in 4days,

lucky the part is the correct korea part.. [:p]

Hi patrick,apart from this aircon issue..if given a choice again ..will u b getting this Sorento?

I have make offer for a used 2014 sorento,pending dealer to get back..

u able to share the part number as well as the cost of the compressor?

Hi patrick,apart from this aircon issue..if given a choice again ..will u b getting this Sorento?

I have make offer for a used 2014 sorento,pending dealer to get back..

u able to share the part number as well as the cost of the compressor?

hi Yadado, after this matter, i found the newer sorento have more easy accessible parts available plus the electronic tailgate.. unless you can get a good price of this 2014 model and you really like or need a 4wd.. this 2014 model is good..i drove yearly 42000 km, and my diesel price is only $0.80 cents /litre in singapore

1) No part number even local korea KIA supplier and Malaysia KIA supplier, which i give them my chasis number and model.

2) compressor is $330 korea made and $40 air freight.. (initally local quote $500 for parts and labour and other quote $680 but no parts finally)

3) i managed to install the base spare wheel as well.. [:p]

Hi patrick,

I still waiting for the dealer to get back to me on my offer... consignment unit thus abit more hassle..

Not looking to do much to the car..no accessories also mean lesser to spend :)

I can do away with auto tailgate,lesser electronic parts lesser potential problem in future.More concern with awd for a car with this high torque.new gen Sorento need to topup for awd plus waiting time of 3-5 months.will only go for it if really no choice.

The compressor price quite reasonable.was wondering how much did c&c quote u that time

Supersonic

Actualli, not sure why the concern over parts? Kia parts are not expensive and I find Kia C&C charges quite reasonable for an AD. For example, had my front & rear pads replaced. Only $400+ for original parts incl labour. Think if do outside, easily close to that for OEM parts. A/C filter onli $40+ incl labour. I checked at Autobacs, OEM a/c filters selling at $60-$80. And I never had any issue w them on warranty.

Hi patrick,

I still waiting for the dealer to get back to me on my offer... consignment unit thus abit more hassle..

Not looking to do much to the car..no accessories also mean lesser to spend :)

I can do away with auto tailgate,lesser electronic parts lesser potential problem in future.More concern with awd for a car with this high torque.new gen Sorento need to topup for awd plus waiting time of 3-5 months.will only go for it if really no choice.

The compressor price quite reasonable.was wondering how much did c&c quote u that time

Soya: thanks for the reply.if go c&c should not have issue on replacement.just that I m those type who would buy own parts for servicing and replacement..will b a concern if part sourcing is an issue ..especially when 2nd gen Sorento is considered extinct ..but then again all else no stock..still can go back c&c..

Black6: hi bro,u r right.last time yellow Mazda 6 owner..so long ago sia..but I cannot remember who u r..sorry on that..I still in contact with ah song though(not sure u remember him).a black Mazda 6 owner

(edited)

Soya: thanks for the reply.if go c&c should not have issue on replacement.just that I m those type who would buy own parts for servicing and replacement..will b a concern if part sourcing is an issue ..especially when 2nd gen Sorento is considered extinct ..but then again all else no stock..still can go back c&c..

Black6: hi bro,u r right.last time yellow Mazda 6 owner..so long ago sia..but I cannot remember who u r..sorry on that..I still in contact with ah song though(not sure u remember him).a black Mazda 6 owner

Hi Bro, I am driving the Black mazda 6 too. It is so long ago. That is why i got my nick called Black6. hahaha.... Don't worry about parts. I understand they are using the current 3rd Gen is the same GDI and CRDi engine as of the 2nd generation. It is only that ppl don't carry stock. Thanks. Further 5 years warranty by C&C, so most go back to them. That is why a lot of them don't carry the stock until there is a request.

Edited by Black6