Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

Anyone got ABS and ESC issue? Mine 80K mileage. One started 2 weeks ago, now the second time. C&C replace FOC due to warranty. I asked them to change all they said cannot until it comes with failure.

Yeah mine ABS and car skidding light turned on. They say the sensor fuse something wrong and got it replaced. No big problem.

Did u install any door visors or changed the KIA emblem? Thinking of doing them

Nooooo.....pls don't change to the King Long logo

Yeah mine ABS and car skidding light turned on. They say the sensor fuse something wrong and got it replaced. No big problem.

Did u install any door visors or changed the KIA emblem? Thinking of doing them.

They change both(L&R) rear speed sensor relate to ABS and ESC. Yes i got the visor since first 6 months of my car. I didn't change the K logo. Very difficult to change as you need to dismantle quite a bit of things before you can change it. I once at a KL workshop. they quote me RM180 to change front and back. I find it not very worth it. so i keep as it is.

i spoke to the SA about change to the 2018 Sorento and he told me better not. most ppl do not know diesel cars will complain about the noise after some time. It get louder as years go. if i don't like the diesel engine sound better don't. Also, the maintenance is about a few hundreds more then petrol. hahaha...

then now LTA said 0 to yearly increment of cars. then cars will be getting more and more expensive. haiz.....  they should extend our COE car life to 20 instead of 10 since no more new cars to add on. How to buy new car if you don't have a scrape car. Then you see alot of agent start collecting almost scrape cars to replace new ones.

Edited by Black6

I still like our 2013 2014 version. Lights are nicer

Our look more like a SUV. now the sorento look more like the Mit Grandis MPV. My own opinion lor.

Hello, quick update to my 2013 Sorento CRDI 2.2L AWD.

Around 160k mileage.

Had several things swap out -

1. Am on second set of tyres - about to change to new ones. KUMO lasted me till 70K milleage*(not recommended - it just last and last, tyre shop says not need to change - non on Bridgestone and about time)

2. Aircon unit changed as the last one was blowing hot air - FOC

3. Wheel axel on right side was giving some noise - changed - FOC (now the left side is acting up - parts ordered - FOC)

4. Light Turbo has some small timing issue - got it resolved - ordered some parts - FOC

5. Did normal on time servicing - with C&C

6. Overall Engine is the same - nosier at start, but once heated up it is ok.

7. Drive and comfort still there and seats are still as solid as ever. Lovely car - no regrets.

Overalll had some dints and dents over the years, going to go get a fresh coat of paint due to some minor scratches and a bump that’s an eye sore.

The 5 year warranty is amazing and industry leading - worth the cost and the Kias are getting refined with each evolution.

Sat on my friends latest Merc E-Class - felt small and confined - it is a nice car, but maybe dont suit my needs, SUV is the way to go for me... diesel is a God sent, cost is lower and also servicing is easier as parts are shared with the taxis which is aplenty.

The moon roof till today, I still one of the best in the industry and occasionally I will wow people with Park Assist!

Have a great KIA day!

• Praise 4