Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

Passat I know...the other 2 I choose not to.

I am concern about long terms pumping there. :wub:

What is the diesel price in jb ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Update: Already hit 1500km mileage, so far pumped diesel twice, getting around 8.6L/100KM and still going down.

Found the power sweet sport to get the turbos turning and the SUV springs alive and can be quite enthusiastic! Equipment level is awesome after several friends tried the ride and were amazed that it's a KIA! Great compliments and even commented on the heavy thud sound of the closing doors!

I also notice that the ride has good road presence and people are trying to figure out what ride it is....! Have had two person at a carpark in separate instances ask me what I thought about my ride, cost....etc. Nice!

One uncle at the ESSO kiosk stopped me when I pulled out the Yellow pump (diesel) thinking I got it wrongly until I told him. Kudos to ESSO Uncles at Pasir Ris for being attentive! - good job there!)

What I like, power seats, air-con seats in those hot days....In those colder mornings, my son gives me the excuse he is cold so that he can turn on the back seat heating! We also drive with the Sunroof opened, so far I am impressed with the ride quality, comfort and safety! Will share more!

Bro, can you share how's the space in the last row? This would be especially useful for those of us with families/kids to ferry around. Thanks!

• Praise 1

Do u know there is this mark lee and Zhong Qing variety show that use vw diesel passats to drive into Malaysia

u think they own those cars? Im sure they wont do it if they owned them. For wayang show of cse will pretend that all is well, but ask any dealer selling diesel cars n theyll u our euro5 cars arent compatible w euro 2 in MY. Many pple solution is to mix some SG & MY diesel together so at least got some protection. In other words dont drive till empty tank in MY lol

I heard frm a who owns a kia cerato he say spare parts expensive, is that true?

• Praise 2

does dissel vehicle also apply to the 1/4 tank if going m'sia?

For diesel, you would want to pump to the brim before going in as it is not recommended to use MY diesel.

• Praise 2

For diesel, you would want to pump to the brim before going in as it is not recommended to use MY diesel.

wow...den what if need to drive to KL or genting...still must pump at m'sia .

Edited by Streamstyle
  • Praise 1

wow...den what if need to drive to KL or genting...still must pump at m'sia .

One tank normally can go from SG to TH. Genting/KL sup sup water.

Actually can pump diesel in JB, just need to take note:

1- If you want to regularly pump in JB, you need to know the petrol kiosk that carries the proper Euro 4/5 quality ultra low sulphur diesel fuel.

2- Can pump in normal petrol kiosk, but after 2-3 full tanks, need to change the particulate filter

BMW and Mercedes have started to sell their diesel cars in Malaysia as well. For sure Malaysia will have petrol kiosk that supports the technology of new engines.

As for the Sorento 2013, I love the test drive experience of the 2.2CRDi. Just too bad it's too expensive right now. Waiting for prices to drop.

*KMC won't bring in the 2.2CRDi Santa Fe Sports. They only have the 2.4GDi version, and apparently, their car isn't as well equipped as C&C equipped Sorento. I have seen the Santa Fe Sports in the carpark upstairs of KMC, and it's quite disappointing. It looks like the old Subaru Tribeca, 3rd row is a joke (it feels really claustrophobic; partly due to the small windows, compared to the Sorento's). Strangely, the 2nd row seats don't feel as spacious as the Sorento as well (my knees were brushing against the front seatbacks whereas, I get about 3cm of kneeroom in the Sorento's 2nd row seats). The small 3rd row windows means it's as good as no window for kids to see out of. But the interior does get soft-touch plastics on the upper dashboard, centre console and upper door cards, where the Sorento is all round hard plastic. But the quality of the Santa Fe is not much better than the i30 hatchback, so you have to wonder what is Hyundai doing with their supposed more premium models.

• Praise 3

I am overseas and just thought I would pop in to take a look, that's some conversation going! Wow.

Thanks to all the comments, I will try to reply the questions one by one.

1. 3rd Row seating - I am 1.75m tall (not that tall) but can seat comfortably, but more suitable for kids. The 3rd row aircon is quite powerful.

2. With the moon roof, you feel like the cabin is even bigger, the width of the vehicle is impressive with 3 adults seating comfortably without feeling your shoulders are squeezing, pretty flat at the back.

3. Ride comfort is good, already had two comments about it.

4. Cushioning is good as they commented that they did not expect that from a Kia.

5. Engine power pull is really good and for overtaking situations, it is impressive as it pulls away very well.

6. Overall the more I drive the more I am loving the car.

7. I am among the first few with the all new Kia Sorento on the road.

8. Spare parts is not an issue as the 2.2 CRDi shares the taxi parts so that is not an issue.

9. My son noted that there is a lot of airbags in this ride compared with our last family sedan.

10. Overall am impressed with the ride, a lot of nice touches and wow moments. As I can see a lot of thought probably went into the car from a technology standpoint.

Any other questions?

• Praise 2

So many worries to pump diesel in MY? How to enjoy the car for long trip into MY?

I thought about this as well, my friends from the VAG side provided some solutions, they mix pump and also they bring a 20L jerry can of diesel with them. Enough to go back to Singapore from any parts of M'sia.

I am ok, with this because in the next 2 years I am sure more will be EURO V in Msia as well with all the imports .

*KMC won't bring in the 2.2CRDi Santa Fe Sports. They only have the 2.4GDi version, and apparently, their car isn't as well equipped as C&C equipped Sorento. I have seen the Santa Fe Sports in the carpark upstairs of KMC, and it's quite disappointing. It looks like the old Subaru Tribeca, 3rd row is a joke (it feels really claustrophobic; partly due to the small windows, compared to the Sorento's). Strangely, the 2nd row seats don't feel as spacious as the Sorento as well (my knees were brushing against the front seatbacks whereas, I get about 3cm of kneeroom in the Sorento's 2nd row seats). The small 3rd row windows means it's as good as no window for kids to see out of. But the interior does get soft-touch plastics on the upper dashboard, centre console and upper door cards, where the Sorento is all round hard plastic. But the quality of the Santa Fe is not much better than the i30 hatchback, so you have to wonder what is Hyundai doing with their supposed more premium models.

equipment is got to do w local dealer specs.. they may eventually bring in higher spec. The new santafe shares same platform as kia sorento. btw kia is owned by hyundai. new santafe dashboard looks much more high tech n futuristic than sorento imo.

im also wondering y they dont spec the sorento w gps as thats common in high spec cars nowadays... a slight flaw to otherwise nice car

• Praise 2

I thought about this as well, my friends from the VAG side provided some solutions, they mix pump and also they bring a 20L jerry can of diesel with them. Enough to go back to Singapore from any parts of M'sia.

I am ok, with this because in the next 2 years I am sure more will be EURO V in Msia as well with all the imports .

That is really troublesome...imagine having a family trip and need to take along a jerry can of diesel behind....every refueling is going to be so troublesome....don't think I can live with this....may be I'm not the type that want to go through so much trouble on the car during a trip....

Edited by LoverofCar

(edited)

That is really troublesome...imagine having a family trip and need to take along a jerry can of diesel behind....every refueling is going to be so troublesome....don't think I can live with this....may be I'm not the type that want to go through so much trouble on the car during a trip....

That;s true, but my thoughts were, I dont drive up north as much as some of the bros here so the need is different also, I really wanted a turbo diesel, check our Chip Express for Kia Sorento diesel, http://www.chipexpress.com/products/kia/sorento/

Impressive numbers for those tuning monkeys in the forum. Yummy stuff.

post-18890-1365676108_thumb.png

The jerry can idea is not the best, but that's their sharing, I am very happy I got the diesel, because I really don't drive up North, so am quite save and happy with it.

Road tax is $2136 per year cannot remember the exact number now, need to check.

Edited by Echelon

equipment is got to do w local dealer specs.. they may eventually bring in higher spec. The new santafe shares same platform as kia sorento. btw kia is owned by hyundai. new santafe dashboard looks much more high tech n futuristic than sorento imo.

im also wondering y they dont spec the sorento w gps as thats common in high spec cars nowadays... a slight flaw to otherwise nice car

This is the EURO spec without Nav. Can check from the UK specs, maybe that's why heated seat and heated steering wheel. I am ok about the Nav as I find a Garmin GPS better to use, the LCD screen is a tad too small though.

The LCD dashboard - wow, love it. It is amazingly accurate with no lag between throttles.

Bro Echelon,

Care to share how much you are paying for insurance? What is your NCD?

↡ Advertisement