Car rental in penang

Babysaint

Neutral Newbie

hello. any idea how much does it cost to rent a car in penang per day? thinking of gg end may but lazy to drive up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I rent from Hertz when I was there in December RM 360 for 3 says with AA member discount. they gave me a Old Elantra model.

Supersonic

I rent from Hertz when I was there in December RM 360 for 3 says with AA member discount. they gave me a Old Elantra model.

Lol, average S$48 per day, sure give you old car. :D

Supercharged

i think the elantra already ok liao.

in 2009 when i went langkawi holiday, they rented me the first or second gen proton saga (probably 20+ to 30 years old) at RM100 per day! daylight robbery.

actually the car looks new and quite good, the interior was very clean not like those old car from the local fleet.

i normally chartered a taxi, costs rm1OO/= per day, from 9am to 5 or 6 pm, good driver taking us around Penang.

i also book the driver + car during the penang trip in Dec.

The usual hilltop temple, penang hill, butterfly farm and even took the ferry across butterworth then cum back by penang bridge.

One day settle everything. ^_^

Supersonic

actually the car looks new and quite good, the interior was very clean not like those old car from the local fleet.

I always have the impression that if you rent cars in malaysia, usually the cars that they have are normally old cars like proton or jap/korean make at least 10 years old. [:p] Unlike car rental here, cars usually fairly new about 6 yearsor below.

Supersonic

i also book the driver + car during the penang trip in Dec.

The usual hilltop temple, penang hill, butterfly farm and even took the ferry across butterworth then cum back by penang bridge.

One day settle everything. ^_^

You go so many places and even took ferry to butterworth and can settle within a day?! :blink: I am thinking anything to see in butterworth? [:/]

I always have the impression that if you rent cars in malaysia, usually the cars that they have are normally old cars like proton or jap/korean make at least 10 years old. [:p] Unlike car rental here, cars usually fairly new about 6 yearsor below.

international brand normally keep their fleet less than 3 years old.

i normally chartered a taxi, costs rm1OO/= per day, from 9am to 5 or 6 pm, good driver taking us around Penang.

Sorry to dig out a more than 1 year old thread.

Does anyone have any taxi driver contact in Penang and also what is the estimated price to use them for the day ( 9am to 5pm )?

Thank you

• Praise 2

Sorry to dig out a more than 1 year old thread.

Does anyone have any taxi driver contact in Penang and also what is the estimated price to use them for the day ( 9am to 5pm )?

Thank you

taxi?

why not rent?

i rented a kelisa last year at RM240 for my 3D2N stay

picked the car up at the airport and dropped the car at the airport as well

• Praise 1

Guess you must know your way in penang in order to drive. If not even you have a car also don't know where you are driving to? Unless they give you free GPS.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement