Disney shut down Lucasart, is Singapore's studio affected?

Kiadaw

How will it affect Singapore office, anyone know? I recall someome working for Lucasart (or is it Lucasfilm) here, & recently post how happy that disney bought Lucasfilm & hget freee Ipad mini.

Disney Shut down Lucasart

Anyway, sad that Lucasart is no more. I love some of the adventure games in the 90s, like full throttle.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This is damn sad news as i grew up with a lot of LucasArts games in the 80s/90s/00s. I'm not forgiving Disney for this, just like i haven't forgiven EA for killing off Origin Systems.

Turbocharged

Unlike most guys, I grew up with PC games. Lucasarts produce some of the best games during it's golden years..

• Praise 1

How will it affect Singapore office, anyone know? I recall someome working for Lucasart (or is it Lucasfilm) here, & recently post how happy that disney bought Lucasfilm & hget freee Ipad mini.

Disney Shut down Lucasart

Anyway, sad that Lucasart is no more. I love some of the adventure games in the 90s, like full throttle.

kurty

Ahh Pocus you bring back memories. Don't forget one of my personal favourites, Grim Fandango.

The hours i spent on X-Wing...

Turbocharged
(edited)

Unlike most guys, I grew up with PC games. Lucasarts produce some of the best games during it's golden years..

you forgot day of the tentacle bro!!! one of my favorite games. and sam and max!! always hated sierra games cos you could die making a wrong move .. but in lucasarts games you could almost never die ... you just get some funny reaction till you figure it out, which was good and child friendly!

Edited by Sp4wn
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

you forgot day of the tentacle bro!!! one of my favorite games. and sam and max!! always hated sierra games cos you could die making a wrong move .. but in lucasarts games you could almost never die ... you just get some funny reaction till you figure it out, which was good and child friendly!

Haha...too many good games from Lucasarts liao... I haven't even touch on CD-ROM era games like rebel assault.

I agree lucasart's adventure games you never die.

As for Sierra games, knn I accidentally click the edge of the cliff the character really go jump down and die. <_< That's why when Sierra fold 4 years back I don't care...lol

Sadly those were the days pirated copies are prevalent and mot of my diskette are gone.. I only left Full throttle and Rebel Assualt CD-ROM. Luckily Full throttle can still play with a opensource SCUMM emulator.

RIP Lucasarts, Thank you for defining my childhood and geekness..

Edited by Pocus

Turbocharged

Haha...too many good games from Lucasarts liao... I haven't even touch on CD-ROM era games like rebel assault.

I agree lucasart's adventure games you never die.

As for Sierra games, knn I accidentally click the edge of the cliff the character really go jump down and die. <_< That's why when Sierra fold 4 years back I don't care...lol

Sadly those were the days pirated copies are prevalent and mot of my diskette are gone.. I only left Full throttle and Rebel Assualt CD-ROM. Luckily Full throttle can still play with a opensource SCUMM emulator.

haha sounds like king's quest. always got to have the save / reload button handy every 1-2min.

haha i still have all my monkey island cds. i remember rushing out to buy COMI when it came out ... bought monkey island for ipad also when it came out just to relive those good old days :D

• Praise 1

This is damn sad news as i grew up with a lot of LucasArts games in the 80s/90s/00s. I'm not forgiving Disney for this, just like i haven't forgiven EA for killing off Origin Systems.

One of the all time best game for me is the LucasArts WW2 simulator Their Finest Hour.

Turbocharged

I agree lucasart's adventure games you never die.As for Sierra games, knn I accidentally click the edge of the cliff the character really go jump down and die. <_< That's why when Sierra fold 4 years back I don't care...lol

Dont die where got fun?? no excitement.. read story book better [:p]

Turbocharged

haha sounds like king's quest. always got to have the save / reload button handy every 1-2min.

haha i still have all my monkey island cds. i remember rushing out to buy COMI when it came out ... bought monkey island for ipad also when it came out just to relive those good old days :D

where got so jia lat??? :blink:

origin. good stuff. Master of orion.

i played quite a bit of rebel assault.

Unfortunately, was pc-less during the times of TIE fighter.

↡ Advertisement