The trends of Motorcycles with big hanging Lam Par Chees

Asher

[laugh] I know this thread title sounds funny and grabs your attention! [:p]

These days it is popular for motorcycles to have a pair of big saddle bags or boxes on the sides on top of the traditional box at the back. Honestly, it looks like a pair of LPC [:p] That is more common among the motorcyclists riding cruisers.

I used to ride kups last time and I never notice that trend. It's new trend. I thought that enhances motorcyclist's safety if they were to fall and the side boxes can prevent the legs from being pinned by the bike.

But on the other hand, I am having shivers when they lane split beside me. It looks as if they might just scratch our vehicles due to the protruding side bags... :wacko:

↡ Advertisement

[laugh] I know this thread title sounds funny and grabs your attention! [:p]

These days it is popular for motorcycles to have a pair of big saddle bags or boxes on the sides on top of the traditional box at the back. Honestly, it looks like a pair of LPC [:p] That is more common among the motorcyclists riding cruisers.

I used to ride kups last time and I never notice that trend. It's new trend. I thought that enhances motorcyclist's safety if they were to fall and the side boxes can prevent the legs from being pinned by the bike.

But on the other hand, I am having shivers when they lane split beside me. It looks as if they might just scratch our vehicles due to the protruding side bags... :wacko:

nah now u can have too

Lp

taken from Phluvcat post

The two storage box on ea side??

Isn't that to store more things?

Only big bike or maybe those phantom type will put ma

Kup kia how to put those boxes

Haha

Ya I do wonder is it lta approved

As they r protruding out of bike's original out shape

Wonder what is the purpose of hanging it ? :blink:

They no scare car they have big LP...So come ga ga come no scare.

Not too long ago was teddy bear now is LP. Ppl just get weirder day by day

If you can't beat them, join them ------ why not hang alibaba bags by the sides of your car to stop them splitting lane? :D

[laugh][laugh][laugh][thumbsup]

2 purposes IMO..

1) Some bikers really have alot of things to carry..for their business or errands.

2) Another which i dun like is especially those riding big touring bikes eg BMW GSA, they put on these side boxes all the time even with nothing inside so they will look more garang & adventurous.

For me I hate to put such side boxes coz its hard for me to squeeze through tight traffic, only uses it to go long trips.

there ws a video circulating on facebook that showed a rider with ard side panniers hitting a road bollock, causing him to lose control of his bike and dropping off a pier.. got to watch the video to understand what i am talking about...

TS actually I think side panniers contact car door less likely to scratch paintwork than hard side panniers. I use the H&B 30L side panniers on my FZ600 as I need storage space for my riding gears and raincoat etc. They are ok for squeezing traffic. It really depends on rider. Some use 40L side panniers with ease.

Once a rider contacted my car door lightly. Had the cheek to knock knock on my window at traffic light when it was clearly he who misjudged and contact my rear door when I am accelerating straight ahead.

All kinds of people on the road. The vehicle type and accesorries/boxes is not the problem. The user is.

Supercharged

I thought you're killed by Naevia? How come still around can post about testicles? :D

Watch too much Spartacus liao someone. [laugh]

People have been using side boxes for years ah. Perhaps there are more choices on the market now and also soft panniers available.

Of course there will always be riders who feel inadequate and need make their bikes as physically imposing as possible, probably to make themselves feel better (yeah the ones with huge panniers and hardly anything inside). You can recognise these people by the permanent "yaya papaya" face they have on when they ride, as these people don't wear full-face helmets so that everyone can recognise them and their big motorbike.

Oh ya..now side panniers not those cheapo black plastic kind..now very stylo..

adding them on makes bike look more expensive & nice imo..

bv_panniers_side_165.jpg

trax_pannier_34.jpg

kawasaki-versys-rear.jpg

r1200gs_pannier_cases.jpg