Whatsapp

Rastaman01

Hi all...my phone line has no autoroam....and going overseas....if i buya singaporeprepaid card or the country prepaid card can i still use whatsapp and tango over the free wifi even without my actual sim card inside

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Hi all...my phone line has no autoroam....and going overseas....if i buya singaporeprepaid card or the country prepaid card can i still use whatsapp and tango over the free wifi even without my actual sim card inside

Whassap is tagged to the phone.

Wifi is no issue. You can even get the overseas sim card with dataplan and still use the whassap. Just have to port your contacts over to the phone.

Source:

Tested in Bangkok and Indonesia using local data cards.

Edited by Moredhel
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Whassap is tagged to the phone.

Wifi is no issue. You can even get the overseas sim card with dataplan and still use the whassap. Just have to port your contacts over to the phone.

Source:

Tested in Bangkok and Indonesia using local data cards.

Whatsapp is using data plan...as long as the overseas simcard come with it you can use whatsapp

tested in HK, Malaysia,Germany and UK using their local sim card

Edited by Animian
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

For Android, whatsapp number don't change even if you change your SIM card.

For iPhone, whatsapp will ask you to register for new account the moment it detects a change in SIM card.

• Praise 1

For Android, whatsapp number don't change even if you change your SIM card.

For iPhone, whatsapp will ask you to register for new account the moment it detects a change in SIM card.

Another reson to go Andriod.

• Praise 1

Thabks guys...i using s3....so even if i buy the country prepaid card.... i put in my phone....then i yse watsapp over wifi still can ya...how abouttango

• Praise 1

Sorry side track abit, sometimes my whatsapp wouldnt notify me until I opened the application, anyone encounter this? Any advice?

• Praise 1

Sorry side track abit, sometimes my whatsapp wouldnt notify me until I opened the application, anyone encounter this? Any advice?

Check the notification setting in whatsapp lah

• Praise 1

need to synchronize. (if u r on android)

• Praise 1

Check the notification setting in whatsapp lah

Nothing wrong with the notification setting, problem is it don't happen all the time. Sometimes only until i open up the whatsapp application then msg starts to come in.

I have the same issue.............sometimes even delay up to 30mins.......... [:(] [:(] [:(]

• Praise 1

Thanks but err..... how to synchronize?

go to "settings"........."accounts and sync".......tick "auto-sync".......... ^_^

I have the same issue.............sometimes even delay up to 30mins.......... [:(] [:(] [:(]

So I'm not alone, can be frustrating at times. [furious]

So I'm not alone, can be frustrating at times. [furious]

yah...............been awhile liao.........wrote to whatsapp but no help...........end up call M1 change sim card.........still the same............and it happens when on data..........no issue when on wifi........... [:(] [:(] [:(]

↡ Advertisement