ST Forum: $200,000 for air-con space?

Vulcann

Will it be any better if developers start pricing different areas of the unit differently? For example, living rooms will be $2,000psf, bedrooms $1,700psf, bathrooms $1,500psf, etc? Heck they can even make it such that the air con ledge is FOC by transferring/allocating the price to other areas. It would still come up to the same total overall price for the whole unit at the end. Writer is isolating one part of the whole unit that is on sale and making it look ridiculous.

↡ Advertisement

Base on what i know, 4 room flats built in the 90s are mostly 104 sqm.

104 consider small liao.... In CCK, typical 4 rooms build in the 90s is standard 109 sqm. You can also find some are 113 or even 117 sqm.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I have highlighted this air-con ledge problem last year.

Planter boxes, bay windows, is now part of the GFA calculation, so it is not too rampant anymore.

What is rampant is the air-con ledge.

If I am not wrong, as long the air-con ledge is not more than 1m in width, then it will not be part of the GFA. But the rule did not say the length.

So now you have air-con ledge that is not more than 1m in width, but bloody long (some up to 3-4m), which goes into the sale price, but not part of the GFA cost. If the developer wants to squeeze more, he can do L-shape aircon ledge, where it can go very long on both sides, but keep to the 1m width rule.

It's time that someone should look into this.

Edited by Icedbs

Turbocharged
(edited)

comprain also no use..

developer "deduct" the 200K and will add it back to your usable area lah.

Can't do that, psf will be very high compare to surrounding areas, making it look expensive than most.

Edited by Icedbs

Twincharged

Can't do that, psf will be very high compare to surrounding areas, making it look expensive than most.

if everyone does that (assuming govt force developers to exclude air con ledge from selling price) then it wun be expensive anymore.

In 2009, suburban condo at $600 psf was considered ok. Now, $1,200 psf is considered ok, cos everyone also selling at that price.

Not to mention "Bay windows" too

check out this 2 bedroom floorplan from a recent launch, D'nest. All D unusable space. Giant planter outside toilet, AC ledge bigger then wardrobe space. Really kns.

Bay windows are a big waste of time and I don't know why anyone would want them. Rented a condo with them for a short time before buying a condo and they made what could have been a useful sized 2nd bedroom into a complete waste of time. You barely had enough room to move with a single bed in there, but yet you had this stupid bay window taking up a heap of space.

Twincharged

Bay windows are a big waste of time and I don't know why anyone would want them. Rented a condo with them for a short time before buying a condo and they made what could have been a useful sized 2nd bedroom into a complete waste of time. You barely had enough room to move with a single bed in there, but yet you had this stupid bay window taking up a heap of space.

U have to thank URA and MND for that (mah)

Supersonic

Why private apartment need 14 sqm for aircon, when BTO needs only 3sqm? What was on the developer mind they they planned for the aircon area?

Developer obviously taking advantage of the loophole. A/c ledge less than 1m wide is not counted as GFA by the authorities but it doesn't stipulate the max length.

In this case, I guess the a/c ledge was 14m long....!

104 sqm? 4-rm HDB flat? Got so big meh?

Which area leh?

My previous old 4-rm flat in Clementi (say, around 30 years old) is only 90+ sqm. leh.

And I'd assuming 'older' flats are bigger in area?

got. 4A. 104sqm. i view before.

my current 3-rm flat is 100sqm [:p]

well, thats the hard truth...

Condo buyers had been fools for years..........

Fools meh?

Not accordingly to these jolly happy though tired folks, many of whom are obviously queuing for somebody else:

32707__1322029214.jpg

(Source: http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property...o-queue/a/32707 )

20111122sscondo11jpg1321928532006-data.jpg

(Source: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...d_to_queue.html )

57851__1333593198.jpg

(Source: http://lol8.blogspot.sg/2012/09/singapore-...e-sardines.html )

i doubt such scene will be common in 2013 [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

Fools meh?

Not accordingly to these jolly happy though tired folks, many of whom are obviously queuing for somebody else:

(Source: http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property...o-queue/a/32707 )

(Source: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...d_to_queue.html )

(Source: http://lol8.blogspot.sg/2012/09/singapore-...e-sardines.html )

Hypersonic

paying 200k to house a 3k air con system

is no different from

paying 4k for a wallet to contain $100 cash

:D

i doubt such scene will be common in 2013 [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

But there were many many cars found parked outside the S*****t Residences showroom next to PP MRT Station leh.

Park & ride folks perhaps? [laugh] [laugh]

But there were many many cars found parked outside the S*****t Residences showroom next to PP MRT Station leh.

Park & ride folks perhaps? [laugh] [laugh]

whoa!!! thanks for the lobang man!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement