Which Car dealers accept Credit card as payment ?

Wira

Used my cc to pay for the 30% downpayment at C&C for my Kia before. No extra charge but earned a lot of points for the cc. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

8 yr ago bought from a PI, paid downpayment of $5K using credit card, prob as they wanted security of getting $$ fast and reliably to bid for COE. But full payment later cannot use cc anymore...

Citroen accepts credit card. I paid $100k with credit card when I bought the Grand Picasso last Oct.

Lets hope this is not a Hao Lian thread...... I hope this will help to who want to know and do not dare to ask the car salesman.

For the last 3 cars I bought, the max u can pay with a credit card without surcharge is $10k. Fyi, the last car I bought is just collected last week, so this information should be very up to date.

I have visited the following showrooms and all their limits are the same. I suppose this is the limit the bank set for the car dealers.

Mercedes

BMW

Audi

Porsche

Maserati

Nissan

Lets hope this is not a Hao Lian thread...... I hope this will help to who want to know and do not dare to ask the car salesman.

For the last 3 cars I bought, the max u can pay with a credit card without surcharge is $10k. Fyi, the last car I bought is just collected last week, so this information should be very up to date.

I have visited the following showrooms and all their limits are the same. I suppose this is the limit the bank set for the car dealers.

Mercedes

BMW

Audi

Porsche

Maserati

Nissan

Do I need to show my credit card slip for posting? My Grand Picasso was paid with credit card and bank loan and it was that much. I am posting so that others can know Citroen does accept such huge amount with credit card.

I paid for my car using credit card. Deposit is ok, but dealer was reluctant for the rest of the payment. Negotiated with dealer to allow payment, but I pay 2% for the sales charge. Works for me as I get points at a cheap price.

Do I need to show my credit card slip for posting? My Grand Picasso was paid with credit card and bank loan and it was that much. I am posting so that others can know Citroen does accept such huge amount with credit card.

Citroen is under C&C so is mercedes. If mercedes can only take 10k, i do not see what they can take 10 times more for Citroen. I suppose C&C operates in a certain standard, so their subsidiaries' payment methods should not differ much. I am afraid if other mcf bro tried what you have do be with Citroen, they might get deeply disappointed.

Citroen is under C&C so is mercedes. If mercedes can only take 10k, i do not see what they can take 10 times more for Citroen. I suppose C&C operates in a certain standard, so their subsidiaries' payment methods should not differ much. I am afraid if other mcf bro tried what you have do be with Citroen, they might get deeply disappointed.

bro, saying this will inevitably result in ultimate hao lian thread lol. Many wil gpgt later.

Citroen accepts credit card. I paid $100k with credit card when I bought the Grand Picasso last Oct.

You wanna earn more points? Maybe this weekend we can go Citroen and you can use your credit card to swap another 100k for my Citroen car purchase.. the remaining above 100k I pay with my credit card. How?

how abt monthly installment? able to use credit to pay?

can.. if your monthly instalment is $1000, then for the items which u will typically pay with NETS or cash, use credit card to charge..
  • Praise 1

merc confirm is 10k max. as to citroen accepting 100k thru credit card, its surprising but not impossible ..esp now.

with new loan restrictions, car buyers need to put 50% deposit hence since citroen wants and needs the sale, they may allow. This will cater to another group of people die die want to buy new car but cash not enough.. of course there are some whom just wanna earn cc points.

service charge is 3% so for dealer still manageable .

While many dealers may accept CC for DPs, they tend to be wary of large amounts, mainly because they have to pay 3% to the bank.

The best experience I've had in this respect was with Autobahn - when I managed to pay 50k for my 911 via CC. I wanted to pay more but the guy wouldn't accept it because of the hefty fee for him. So the rest I had to just write him a cheque for it.

I'm still trying to finish off the points. :D

Munich Auto wasn't quite so good - I think they wouldn't let me put more than 10k on my CC. Can't quite remember, though.

100k?! Awesome, I like this dealer. Too bad I don't think I'll ever go in for a Citroen. [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4

You wanna earn more points? Maybe this weekend we can go Citroen and you can use your credit card to swap another 100k for my Citroen car purchase.. the remaining above 100k I pay with my credit card. How?

can.. if your monthly instalment is $1000, then for the items which u will typically pay with NETS or cash, use credit card to charge..

cool, probably must check with my SE see if I can make payment with CC for monthly.

Reviving this thread.

So what is the market rate for CC payment for initial payments at the various ADs in these days of 100+K for BnB cars?

Still 10K?

Also, which CC is the most worth it in terms of dollar/point value. Please exclude air miles.

Reviving this thread.

So what is the market rate for CC payment for initial payments at the various ADs in these days of 100+K for BnB cars?

Still 10K?

Also, which CC is the most worth it in terms of dollar/point value. Please exclude air miles.

I think it's about there $10k or so but some of the premium brands can arm twist the SE to accept more I guess.

As for CC, CIMB World Master Card gives 1% cash rebate which I think is quite good. No cap as far as I know and no strings attached so even normal usage also enables 1% cash back. And they also give the cash back as a discount from that month's bill unlike some banks who accumulates and pays only quarterly etc.

• Praise 4

I think it's about there $10k or so but some of the premium brands can arm twist the SE to accept more I guess.

As for CC, CIMB World Master Card gives 1% cash rebate which I think is quite good. No cap as far as I know and no strings attached so even normal usage also enables 1% cash back. And they also give the cash back as a discount from that month's bill unlike some banks who accumulates and pays only quarterly etc.

Yes they are oK , i had bad experience with SC Manhattan Card about 4 years back ; they snow ball the rebates for next next month and then they got different tier levels and then at the end once the the rebate level is reached  that then its no more..... i lost out about $120/- ... i was damn "tulan"  with them when i bought a watch (watch dealer had no issues abt. accepting this card though and they swiped the card  2 times - 1/2 payments each ' cos of some security thing) which they had to do and also that particular month i had chalked up some heavy credit card expenses too for some flight tickets     

• Praise 1