Bad Experience with Volkwagen

Babymiaomiao

Today, I am going to share my family's bad experience with Volkswagen. I may be overreacting but I just feel that I should voice this out?

Booked our VW car on 12th March.

The sales executive was very friendly right from the start. Offered us a test drive, which was what makes us book the car. The COE rebate was at 50K.

The next day was the last day of COE Bidding exercise, our loan hasn't been approved yet so it does not concern us. Following which, they adjusted their rebate to 58K(It doesnt affect us as we had already booked our car)They are the only dealership that revised their price upwards. Despite that, we heard that their showroom was still packed. Two weeks later, the next bidding, COE came out at 64K. We thought we had a chance but was disappointed to hear that they did not bid for us as "their company has no budget" WTH?? Our SE told us they also did not bid for 58K rebate people too. However the SE said they will bid for the 58K rebate people the next round. My family felt unhappy as the SE didnt mention anything about bidding for us the next round and we begin to feel that they are just going to make us wait through the 6 bids before nulling our booking as our rebate is much lower than others. This left my family in a fix as we are serious on getting a new car and not just trying our luck with the COE. We called in to clarify on wheter or not they are serious about bidding for us as we do not want a situation where we purchase another car and suddenly both managed to bid COE successfully or that VW just make us waste our time sitting through the 6 biddings coming up with all sorts of excuses each time. Our SE told us that they did bid for the 58K people but only half of them were successful as they didn't manage to revise the bids on time.(Didnt someone say they did not bid for the 58K?) When our SE heard our situation, we were told that "I will try to tell the management to bid for you and if unsuccessful, you can cancel your booking." And that was in a half hearted tone, as if our business is not important at all. Our SE then told us a few days later that, we had to wait 3 biddings before we can cancel our booking. There was no word about the next bidding.

I can't really blame the SE fully here as the management has the final say in all this nonsense.

We had read online that VW's after-sales service is horrible, seems like we are partially experiencing it. Who knows what will happen in the future if our car comes up with lots of problems??

P.S. I may be overreacting but I just want to know what are other peoples view on this issue? Is this normal when buying cars or just VW? Never experienced this before btw..

↡ Advertisement

Please login to their FB.. There are lots of nice write up in there by the VW owner. Or just simply login to Vagsg.com for further details. [laugh]

i reckon you have decided to go for a non guaranteed coe or min. 6 bidding coe or whatsoever.

such situation does not occur in VW only and you sounded like a first time car buyer to me.

fortunately VW SE is kind enough to let you cancel your booking.

it makes no sense for a company to make negative profit, just to make you happy?

end of the day, you want your new car immediately, you pay at a premium price.

to add on, VW and me have no direct relationship for now. :-p

(edited)

I think your expectations are too high. This is just the first bid. It's stated 6 non-guaranteed bids. Your rebate at 50k, when the bidding starts and when near ending they see that it has rise to above 60K to 64K it's really no point to place their bids. Unless the bidding hovers around 50k dan they go in and bid, the chances of getting it will be higher. First bid only you are already so impatient. Leave it to them to do their job lah. After the 6th bid they still can't get it dan rant all you want. [rolleyes]

If you are so impatient dan pay more for the confirm 1 bidding if that option is available.

Edited by Watwheels

Today, I am going to share my family's bad experience with Volkswagen. I may be overreacting but I just feel that I should voice this out?

Booked our VW car on 12th March.

The sales executive was very friendly right from the start. Offered us a test drive, which was what makes us book the car. The COE rebate was at 50K.

The next day was the last day of COE Bidding exercise, our loan hasn't been approved yet so it does not concern us. Following which, they adjusted their rebate to 58K(It doesnt affect us as we had already booked our car)They are the only dealership that revised their price upwards. Despite that, we heard that their showroom was still packed. Two weeks later, the next bidding, COE came out at 64K. We thought we had a chance but was disappointed to hear that they did not bid for us as "their company has no budget" WTH?? Our SE told us they also did not bid for 58K rebate people too. However the SE said they will bid for the 58K rebate people the next round. My family felt unhappy as the SE didnt mention anything about bidding for us the next round and we begin to feel that they are just going to make us wait through the 6 bids before nulling our booking as our rebate is much lower than others. This left my family in a fix as we are serious on getting a new car and not just trying our luck with the COE. We called in to clarify on wheter or not they are serious about bidding for us as we do not want a situation where we purchase another car and suddenly both managed to bid COE successfully or that VW just make us waste our time sitting through the 6 biddings coming up with all sorts of excuses each time. Our SE told us that they did bid for the 58K people but only half of them were successful as they didn't manage to revise the bids on time.(Didnt someone say they did not bid for the 58K?) When our SE heard our situation, we were told that "I will try to tell the management to bid for you and if unsuccessful, you can cancel your booking." And that was in a half hearted tone, as if our business is not important at all. Our SE then told us a few days later that, we had to wait 3 biddings before we can cancel our booking. There was no word about the next bidding.

I can't really blame the SE fully here as the management has the final say in all this nonsense.

We had read online that VW's after-sales service is horrible, seems like we are partially experiencing it. Who knows what will happen in the future if our car comes up with lots of problems??

P.S. I may be overreacting but I just want to know what are other peoples view on this issue? Is this normal when buying cars or just VW? Never experienced this before btw..

you think you buying rolls royce. come on...get real!!!!!!!!!

This is the reason why there is 6 non-guaranteed bidding in your contract to protect them. It's agree & sign by you and them and that's an purchasing order agreement. So, you really cannot complaint much. If you want the car urgently, then you Shld paid the extra for a Guaranteed one.

You can kpkb till the cow come home and they still got the right to filled your order till the 6th bid.

That's life and if you not happy about it, then you got to cancel the order and move on to other AD.

Ultimately is still your SE call wherever they want your business or not.

I remember getting my new car from Korea make and same like you I sign up for the 6 Unguaranteed bid & in the end I got my new car on the 2nd bid as I just briefly told my SE off and unhappiness after the 1st unsuccessful bid and he somehow by hook or by cook, managed to get my COE the next round.

I think your expectations are too high. This is just the first bid. It's stated 6 non-guaranteed bids. Your rebate at 50k, when the bidding starts and when near ending they see that it has rise to above 60K to 64K it's really no point to place their bids. Unless the bidding hovers around 50k dan they go in and bid, the chances of getting it will be higher. First bid only you are already so impatient. Leave it to them to do their job lah. After the 6th bid they still can't get it dan rant all you want. [rolleyes]

If you are so impatient dan pay more for the confirm 1 bidding if that option is available.

I fully agreed with bro Watsheels said, logical and sensible

Why dun U juz wait, besides SE are follow-up with you on the current situation plus thy allow you to cancel order if unnecessary.

U 1st time buy car huh ??

At an environment of (potentially) falling COE, there is no hurry for the AD to quickly bid the COE. Another factor to consider is when your ride is coming. If there are ready stock, you can bet they will prioritize your bid. Because immediately they can earn your money.

If you happen to book the Golf 7 and your ride is expected to come few months down the road, then sad to say, the AD will naturally not prioritize your bid. Not forgetting the fact that the COE has a validity period of 6 months to register after securing the bid, they also run the risk of the car arriving late (after 6 months), which though unlikely, could also possibly happen.

want swee swee strike on first bid...you need to pay more for guarantee COE lah...else..you need to let VW do their best bidding effort....which car you getting? 7 speed DSG? Go read up more on this gearbox ...probably you will be smiling that they allow you to cancel the deal.. ^_^

(edited)

a blessing in disguise .....if its a 7 sp dsg [:p]

Haha.. That will be his 2nd Headache after the first one with the unsuccessful bid of the COE if he managed to get any of its car.

Edited by Abachee

At an environment of (potentially) falling COE, there is no hurry for the AD to quickly bid the COE. Another factor to consider is when your ride is coming. If there are ready stock, you can bet they will prioritize your bid. Because immediately they can earn your money.

If you happen to book the Golf 7 and your ride is expected to come few months down the road, then sad to say, the AD will naturally not prioritize your bid. Not forgetting the fact that the COE has a validity period of 6 months to register after securing the bid, they also run the risk of the car arriving late (after 6 months), which though unlikely, could also possibly happen.

Cannot agree more.

IIRC the COE validity is 3months.

i reckon that initially, TS wants to get some support from mcfers.

unfortunately, TS kena gao gao ... lolx.

Title must changed to "VW SE having bad experience with Babymiaomiao" [laugh]

* runs *

High demand, low supply. Doesn't just apply to COE prices. Our expectations are high and their effort level is low. Want better service, go to other makes that are trying to boost sales figures, not rest on their laurels.

i reckon that initially, TS wants to get some support from mcfers.

unfortunately, TS kena gao gao ... lolx.

Title must changed to "VW SE having bad experience with Babymiaomiao" [laugh]

* runs *

we are friendly people here...we speak the truth....nothing but the truth....yet the true fact hurts..isn't it.... [laugh]