Warranty for used car

Forummer

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Some advice needed. My brother in law is interested in getting a 6 yr old used jap car from a direct owner. Tested the car and the car was ok. Had it checked. Also ok.

Is it reasonable to expect the direct seller to provide him a 1 yr warranty on parts of engine and transmission? Get the direct seller to commit via a contract to provide him a warranty?

Pls advice. Cuz my brother in law is afraid the car will give problems in future.

↡ Advertisement

Hi

Some advice needed. My brother in law is interested in getting a 6 yr old used jap car from a direct owner. Tested the car and the car was ok. Had it checked. Also ok.

Is it reasonable to expect the direct seller to provide him a 1 yr warranty on parts of engine and transmission? Get the direct seller to commit via a contract to provide him a warranty?

Pls advice. Cuz my brother in law is afraid the car will give problems in future.

haha.. want warranty buy new car...

Hi

if so scared then buy new lor for peace of mind.

[laugh]

(edited)

your brother in-law got car to sell ... ? no need 12 months warranty ... i give discount ... 9 months can liao

come on la ... buy direct (cheaper right else why buy direct) and still want people to have sleepless nights for 12 months if car got problem ?

even new car ... just come out from showroom can also got problem hor within 1 week

and 6 years old car ... the likelihood to breakdown is even higher ... just buy cheap fair value and budget some money for wear and tear fixes ... buying 6 years old car is hweeng see ... may be good condition or next week breakdown liao ... similar buy a fairly new car at good value ... sekali got major accident repair

your bro in-law is the type of robert to be chopped by used car dealer ... no mercy

because of this kind of people, owner have to sell cheap to dealer and dealer chop your bro in-law carrot giving 1 year warranty .... when got problem ... dealer will ask him fly kite or simply don't answer the phone

Hi

Edited by Wt_know

Haha another young boy

Last x I always thinking those uncles always think they r rite

Always say eat more salt than we eat rice

Now it seems it's my turn to say that

Must admit old Liao

My dealer told me anything within 7 days let him know

I sb glad Liao

Then discovered the plastic cover that wrap one of the joint to the wheel has a tiny hole that's y rim got abit stain

Jus after 7 days

But he still hounor it but ask me visit ws tied up with them I AV

They changed new parts for me

I was super glad for a 5 yo car with this service

12 mths warranty

Ha ha ha

(edited)

i buy new car with 3 years warranty ... within 3 year sibei steady ... nothing wrong ...

now slightly over 4 years ... several problems surfacing 1-by-1 ... can sue the manufacturer how come their parts timing sibei choon after 3 years spoil = cannot claim warranty liao

so how?

Edited by Wt_know

i buy new car with 3 years warranty ... within 3 year sibei steady ... nothing wrong ...

now slightly over 4 years ... several problems surfacing 1-by-1 ... can sue the manufacturer how come their parts timing sibei choon after 3 years spoil = cannot claim warranty liao

so how?

suck thumb lor...

you want use own thumb or mine? [laugh]

haha.. want warranty buy new car...

U can ask him when is the last time servicing and is it from agent service or outside garage and ask him to offer u a 6 month warranty before u purchase

U can ask him when is the last time servicing and is it from agent service or outside garage and ask him to offer u a 6 month warranty before u purchase

hahaha