GE Insurance cold caller posing as CPF representative

Wson

Just got a call at my landline from a "representative of CPF" who will come to our neighbourhood this weekend to "help" residents "upgrade" our medishield. "CPF" service damn good nowadays.

Only after my relentless probing then he reluctantly admit is upgrade to Great Eastern some Supreme Plan, but still insist he "represents CPF board" after I question him is he representing Great Eastern instead of CPF.

Telemarketers are getting from bad to worst. Wonder how many unknowing people gonna be conned.

When is the Do Not Call registry going to start? Feel like putting all these a-----es out of job.

↡ Advertisement

I always tell them "my wife is an insurance agent". hangs up faster than the speed of light.

for personal loans I tell them "I bankrupt. can apply?" hangs up immediately.

no need to get so worked up, no need to put them out of jobs. they have families to feed as well.

We all have families to feed, but we make our living ethically.

Blantant lying to make an insurance sale? That is the way of low life crooks

Govt dun want to action against them what can we do? Sometimes I can get 2 calls from the same co in one day. Scold them also no use.

If everyone starts making a living in this way there will be no peace. Think about it every biz also can say this is their rice bowl must be understanding, etc.

If everyone starts making a living in this way there will be no peace. Think about it every biz also can say this is their rice bowl must be understanding, etc.

...... like used car salesmen

I always tell them "my wife is an insurance agent". hangs up faster than the speed of light.

for personal loans I tell them "I bankrupt. can apply?" hangs up immediately.

no need to get so worked up, no need to put them out of jobs. they have families to feed as well.

I always ask you want give me money or land me money?

Twincharged

Just got a call at my landline from a "representative of CPF" who will come to our neighbourhood this weekend to "help" residents "upgrade" our medishield. "CPF" service damn good nowadays.

Only after my relentless probing then he reluctantly admit is upgrade to Great Eastern some Supreme Plan, but still insist he "represents CPF board" after I question him is he representing Great Eastern instead of CPF.

Telemarketers are getting from bad to worst. Wonder how many unknowing people gonna be conned.

When is the Do Not Call registry going to start? Feel like putting all these a-----es out of job.

got the same call ... but the caller identified herself as from GE ...

but thing is, the caller sounded like a 10 year old ... i almost could not hear what she was saying ...

and i believe they got our data somewhere coz she told me they would be in my neighborhood ... and she knew which estate i was staying at.

Edited by Ysc3

Actually I just tell them I have upgraded liao...which is true. Becoz it will really help cover a large portion on medical expenses when the need arise. I thought gahment recently announce this issue? I'm not insurance agent. My family all upgrade theirs. Seriously, I encourage everyone to upgrade their medishield coverage.

As for what ppl call themselves that isn't very important. Most importantly is that it will benefit you and me.

Ppl used to kpkb that medical bills are damn ex and in sgp you cannot afford to fall ill? This is something that will help solve this problem. Small price to pay before it's too late.

Edited by Watwheels

Turbocharged

yesterday just told off 1 telemarketer from a timeshare company.

NB...act like know me very well.....ccb......earn this type of con money.....told him next time wife give birth no backside

I usually am very cool when talking to telemarketers especially they are representing certain banks. They are hired by the banks, just doing their jobs. I gib them chance to tell me whatever promotions or "products" they are selling. Dan I just politely decline and say,"I'm not keen". Most just reply "thank you" and hang up. Really no need to get your blood pressure up. For those who are more persistent I will just keep repeating "I'm not keen, thank you".

yesterday just told off 1 telemarketer from a timeshare company.

NB...act like know me very well.....ccb......earn this type of con money.....told him next time wife give birth no backside

You not afraid ppl write your number on the toilet wall?

"Looking for horny slut? Call Mcf777 XXXXXXXX for a good fxxk." :D

They question is how long more do we have to put up with these senseless calling? Even want to buy also won't buy from them as giving them hope will only make the situation worse.

When will the do-not-call registry be operational and will it be effective?

Twincharged

I usually am very cool when talking to telemarketers especially they are representing certain banks. They are hired by the banks, just doing their jobs. I gib them chance to tell me whatever promotions or "products" they are selling. Dan I just politely decline and say,"I'm not keen". Most just reply "thank you" and hang up. Really no need to get your blood pressure up. For those who are more persistent I will just keep repeating "I'm not keen, thank you".

i ever kenah one who was very defensive ... i just told him that i did not like such calls and he tried to reason with me !!?? waste my time only ... then at the end of his "reasoning", he hung up first !!??

Twincharged

They question is how long more do we have to put up with these senseless calling? Even want to buy also won't buy from them as giving them hope will only make the situation worse.

When will the do-not-call registry be operational and will it be effective?

my guess is you will have to spend a lot of time registering for the do-not-call services ... i think its just like spam whereby you have to unsubscribe one by one,

i ever kenah one who was very defensive ... i just told him that i did not like such calls and he tried to reason with me !!?? waste my time only ... then at the end of his "reasoning", he hung up first !!??

That's the thing. You voice your displeasure. Of course he will be very buay song. So he voice his displeasure too. :D

Just tell them you are not interested. No point telling them how you feel. Do not give them too many chance to talk about other things so that they will hang up quickly.

Now I very careful, I Google the numbers that are unfamiliar. If found to be telemarketers, fitness centre, insurance. I will save the number under "ignore". Those I answer I also save the number and put under "ignore". I have a lot of "ignore" in my contacts :D . It works. Most number will call back and I will just LOL and not answer them...

Edited by Watwheels

Twincharged

Now I very careful, I Google the numbers that are unfamiliar. If found to be telemarketers, fitness centre, insurance. I will save the number under "ignore". Those I answer I also save the number and put under "ignore". I have a lot of "ignore" in my contacts :D . It works. Most number will call back and I will just LOL and not answer them...

same here .. after a cold call or unfamilliar missed number, i will go to whocallsme.com and check it out ... and then blacklist the number. as a start, i have blacklisted all "private" numbers.

Turbocharged

worst still. I have 3 other family members...3 different individual credit card in the same bank. All registered under my mobile no.

Morning someone call me.......late afternoon, the same person call again, looking for another person. kao..useless bunch of idiots.

mostly sound like pinoland

↡ Advertisement