• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic | 12 praises

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Erykool
  • Premium member
    Erykool
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Guys, need some advice how to solve this problem that I have...

I am using a pioneer 1 din CD MP3 player in my Avante.. Using a internal windscreen antenna.

i noticed recently that after I bought a marbella GPS in my car, the radio reception sometimes a little bit hazy...

When I switch it off, it becomes very clear again... But the haziness only a little bit once a while so still ok.

Then just recently I gotten a in car camera.. its those type which switches on when I start car and shut down auto when I switch off car...

When the in car camera is on, the radio becomes very hazy and reception super poor... it gets so irritating that I switch the radio off...

Any brothers encountered this before and what is the solution? I tried going to an audio shop and they ask me change the windscreen antenna to try so i changed to a new one cause the old one used for 6 yrs liao.. still the same with the new antenna...

Reception is good if I switch off in car camera...
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am using a pioneer 1 din CD MP3 player in my Avante.. Using a internal windscreen antenna.

i noticed recently that after I bought a marbella GPS in my car, the radio reception sometimes a little bit hazy...

When I switch it off, it becomes very clear again... But the haziness only a little bit once a while so still ok.

Then just recently I gotten a in car camera.. its those type which switches on when I start car and shut down auto when I switch off car...

When the in car camera is on, the radio becomes very hazy and reception super poor... it gets so irritating that I switch the radio off...

Any brothers encountered this before and what is the solution? I tried going to an audio shop and they ask me change the windscreen antenna to try so i changed to a new one cause the old one used for 6 yrs liao.. still the same with the new antenna...

Interference? what cam u using so powerful

If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Jtb
  • Premium member
    Jtb
    6th Gear
    Author Image

agreed as interference, you ve to try ext ant or ask installer to add filter at the radio pwr ip.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Jasonsx4
  • Jasonsx4
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

i had similar problems b4.
what happens is that some electric or video cables are place too near ur windscreen antenna.
move them clear of the antenna will solve the problem.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Batlim
  • Batlim
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

It is call RF interference, all electronic equipment have this - so if u need to solve the issue change the equipment concern, otherwise you have to live with the disturbance.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also hv this. But only in mscp n places wh poor reception. Once i move out reception is normal.

Maybe yr radio n gps draw power fm same circuit so got intereference cos i doubt gps transmit any signal to interfere wh radio reception.

U can try to draw power fm different source fr e gps n see if it improves.

Anyway once i move out fm cp lot....my radio is clear again so no issue fr me.

Oh n mine also marbella.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

power static influence the reception. previously when i DIY install my car DVR i have this reception problem. after that i isolate the wiring making sure that the power cable doesn't touch the antena cable now everything is fine and normal.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Chickensoup
  • Chickensoup
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Is there any way for your radio antenna to be fixed to rear windscreen ? Many European cars radio antenna are together with rear windscreen heater. Since the installer smoke you to change antenna and no improvement, he should take some action. By the way, old 30 years antenna function the same as a new one (assuming no technology change).

Or at least put your radio antenna in a different side from your GPS.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Guangye
  • Premium member
    Guangye
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Same problem here. For me it should be the wiring issue as I have no interference if I rub the car cam using battery.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Ahgong
  • Premium member
    Ahgong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Same problem here. For me it should be the wiring issue as I have no interference if I rub the car cam using battery.

ok... i am lost here. what do you mean by "rub the car cam using battery"?

as in you take a AA battery and rub the contacts on the car cam wiring? [confused]

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Guangye
  • Premium member
    Guangye
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

ok... i am lost here. what do you mean by "rub the car cam using battery"?

as in you take a AA battery and rub the contacts on the car cam wiring? [confused]

sorry typo error. I meant "use" the car cam using battery.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

No wonder lah....

My radio reception also gone bad after the car cam was installed. I suspected the cam to be the culprit but wasn't sure. Now I know liao....

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

320x240
  • 320x240
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Any place to recommend to check the wiring? Coz i got a dash cam wired in and my radio reception is pretty bad. When i plug in my charger for my phone to the cig lighter it gets worst.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

Astrid
  • Astrid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

RFI and EMI combi.
Poor isolation design of your GPS module is the likely cause.

Edited by Astrid, 04 March 2014 - 08:20 PM.

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

Amorail
  • Amorail
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Anyone know where to fix the bad radio reception issue. I called up soon lee audio and they said they dun fix external roof top antenna

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I usually ownself fix radio issue - Either the ICE is broken (once, ownself change ICE) or Antenna Broken (VI and ownself change). Wiring is very robust and never failed before lor.

Anyway, of all the radio channel we can detect in SG, I found this channel 99.9 MHz FM988 provide an accurate Real time clock data.

Enable RDS - European, EU. Enable Clock Tune.

It will update the ICE clock.

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:05 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How old is the Head Unit? It's either the antenna or the head unit.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

Joetanks
  • Premium member
    Joetanks
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Recently bought a Car Webcam and radio interference started. Went to a radio shop and bought a $30 booster and yet problem persisted. Have to go back and ask for help again soon.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:31 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

f270af37263cfa0066fd202dc2859a52--batman

kobayashiGT BabyBlade pChou

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:39 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

bro you really nocturnal vigilante...  [sweatdrop]

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Radio, Reception, Radio and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users