Reliability of 7-GTronics

Siewss

There is never a 5gtronic, only 7gtronic. The 5 speed gb does not have any name on the car and is the Gb on all kompressor car until lately.

The current new ones run on 7gtronic plus.

The 5 speed gb is a reliable gb, my W203 ran for 210,000 km without problem. Btw, servicing at 15,000km interval is good enough, don't need to kiasi and do it at shorter interval. Again, my W203 was serviced at 15,000 to 17,000 km without problem for 8 years.

Back to this 7gtronic plus, it's world apart from the 5 speed and it's a gem to drive. The car accelerates smooth and fast with this 7 speed. Take the 7gtronic plus if you are looking for a Mercedes-Benz.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

oic, that means my mid-2011 W212 should be a 5 speeder. test driven the newer 7G CLS, much smoother even compared to my previous 3.5CLS.

There is never a 5gtronic, only 7gtronic. The 5 speed gb does not have any name on the car and is the Gb on all kompressor car until lately.

The current new ones run on 7gtronic plus.

The 5 speed gb is a reliable gb, my W203 ran for 210,000 km without problem. Btw, servicing at 15,000km interval is good enough, don't need to kiasi and do it at shorter interval. Again, my W203 was serviced at 15,000 to 17,000 km without problem for 8 years.

Back to this 7gtronic plus, it's world apart from the 5 speed and it's a gem to drive. The car accelerates smooth and fast with this 7 speed. Take the 7gtronic plus if you are looking for a Mercedes-Benz.

I beg to differ. The 5 speed GB was called 5g-tronic, just not advertised as such as it was not a big deal untill the 7 speed came about which was supposedly the first in the industry untill lexus came out their 8 speeder. The "g-tronic" name is thus in essence, basically a marketing tool. To get into more detail, the correct official name for the 5 speed GB is actually 722.6 while the 7 g tronic GB is by right called 722.9. I agree that the 722.6 is very reliable, easily hit 250K Km without any problems. What I usually do is change GB oil and filter every 3 normal servicings so about every 30-40K Km. Should last you the lifetime of the car.

i have been wondering, if all this lighting shifter is so good, why the Japaneses don't do it? They dont know how to or they dont believe or know something else..?

Still lagging behind.

Still lagging behind.

Almost all Japanese cars are using C.V.T. now, a system that drive like the car got 1-2 ratios only..Japanese cars only the high end got good torque converter type of gearbox[Lexus]...

Almost all Japanese cars are using C.V.T. now, a system that drive like the car got 1-2 ratios only..Japanese cars only the high end got good torque converter type of gearbox[Lexus]...

Hmmmm.. I think I remember CVT uses 7 gears right? And it's also better than the standard 4/5AT?

Hmmmm.. I think I remember CVT uses 7 gears right? And it's also better than the standard 4/5AT?

I knew it got 7 'gears',but the feeling of driving it is like a big 'rubber band'....that's why most car magazines editors/testers,when they test C.V.T. equiped cars,they would commented,not so nice/fun to drive.

I knew it got 7 'gears',but the feeling of driving it is like a big 'rubber band'....that's why most car magazines editors/testers,when they test C.V.T. equiped cars,they would commented,not so nice/fun to drive.

Wow.. interesting. Seems like I have to read up more on CVT

i have been wondering, if all this lighting shifter is so good, why the Japaneses don't do it? They dont know how to or they dont believe or know something else..?

Japenis roads are like Singapore roads with limited speeds. German autobahn has no speed limits. Jap vs Germ different perspectives.

B&B Japenis cars accelerate very fast from standstill, but run out of breath at higher speed.

B&B Conti cars (non-DSG) accelerate very slow from standstill, but full of energy at higher speed.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Japenis roads are like Singapore roads with limited speeds. German autobahn has no speed limits. Jap vs Germ different perspectives.

B&B Japenis cars accelerate very fast from standstill, but run out of breath at higher speed.

B&B Conti cars (non-DSG) accelerate very slow from standstill, but full of energy at higher speed.

bro, this got to do with engine size right. a 3.5L lexus (for augment seek. i am not saying lexus is better than BMW) i am sure will not run out of breath at high speed. even my 2.5L Legeacy GT back than can touch 140km/h from 100km/h in a few secs.

svc interval varies with makes. some GB dont require replacement of fluid. and they dont even have the dipstick to check level.

• Praise 1