Toyota Avanza's price benchmarked against VW Touran

Lethalstrike

after so long... i finally saw one singapore registered toyota avanza on the road today. it's a white one, in marine parade, on a SKM plate.

dunno if they've managed to sell 10 altogether?

Just saw a black one last Saturday. Couldn't help thinking teh owner must be very loaded until dont know what to buy. lol

↡ Advertisement

Just saw a black one last Saturday. Couldn't help thinking teh owner must be very loaded until dont know what to buy. lol

Not the owner dont know what to buy, think more likely the owner must be some toyota die-hard fan.

Not the owner dont know what to buy, think more likely the owner must be some toyota die-hard fan.

Confirm must be a die hard toyota fan.

Like what some brothers said earlier, toyota cars are overpriced in Singapore. But the irony is middle aged and above people all say toyota damn solid even over priced, they do not mind paying for the reliability.

Confirm must be a die hard toyota fan.

Like what some brothers said earlier, toyota cars are overpriced in Singapore. But the irony is middle aged and above people all say toyota damn solid even over priced, they do not mind paying for the reliability.

toyota still ok lah not as over price as honda.....

New Avanza in BM overpriced for a new entry mpv but considered as a practical & no-frills 2nd Gen model. I test drove and what I liked most are the tall stance driving position due to R15 tyres, 2nd row ceiling air-vents & the flip forward 2nd row seats to allow 3rd row entry. However, Wish is still very popular compared to Avanza here. Not surprise 1G & 2G Avanza on our roads are M'sian plates.

Supersonic

Avanza height is a bit too tall for liking, doesn't find such car stable on high speed. This Avanza reminds me of the Suzuki APV.

[laugh]

This type of vehicle good for slow driving in kampungs. :D Go too fast, you need to hold your balls.

Even Tomica's Avanza model costs more than other models. It retails at RM12.90 while other models retail at RM10.90.

Fwah, this thread is still alive since I've started it 2 years back!

Well, as predicted, the Avanza is a flop in the current COE climate. Its simply bad value for money for what it is. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

Fwah, this thread is still alive since I've started it 2 years back!

Well, as predicted, the Avanza is a flop in the current COE climate. Its simply bad value for money for what it is. [sweatdrop]

This car quality feel so cheap, spec & equipment level so low like a late 80s car.

This car quality feel so cheap, spec & equipment level so low like a late 80s car.

that i have to agree.. im guessing for the current price, im also half expecting that the avanza is an autobot and can transform to protect me in case any accident occurs...:)

Avanza is marketed as an affordable family car in Indonesia and it is the cheapest car available for their Toyota line up. My gf's dad owned on and I was travelling around in it a lot in Indonesia.

All I can say for the "quality is, that it is just a point A > B type of vehicle, super basic and can really ferry a lot of people. It was an old car (Gen 1) but super reliable, just the normal maintenance.

How much is it now? See more Msia Avanza than Sin Avanza in Sin.

dropped to 114,888. still out of reach for most people.. sigh

was just looking through page on the Avanza and came across the below:

»
Rebate levels for Cat A are at $48 for Classic & $52k for Gold.
»
Rebate levels for Cat B are at $56k for Classic & $61k for Gold.
»
Please contact a Toyota dealer for complete information.

can someone enlighten me what these rebates are?

dropped to 114,888. still out of reach for most people.. sigh

was just looking through page on the Avanza and came across the below:

»
Rebate levels for Cat A are at $48 for Classic & $52k for Gold.
»
Rebate levels for Cat B are at $56k for Classic & $61k for Gold.
»
Please contact a Toyota dealer for complete information.

can someone enlighten me what these rebates are?

lol

now buy car min also abt 100k.... even small jazz already 100+k

haiz

↡ Advertisement