Gay Marriage Legalization?

Darryn

377a is discriminatory because it targets only men. Parliament should amend the law to include female-to-female sex is against the law too. Now that is fair! :)

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Yup, me too..... To me this is a step toward to fall of humanity. -_-

People may think this is none of their business but some day, if it happens to your own loved ones, would you still think otherwise?

If your kid is gay you would rather they were ostracised, punished, and treated as some sort of leper?

Like it or not, society moves forward - once upon a time, women weren't considered capable of voting, black men were slaves, and much much more - you think acceptance of those changes also led to the fall of humanity?

Turbocharged

Nowadays, you are required to be politically correct on a public forum, even when you disagree.

Hooray for NZ!! Hip-hip!! hoozah! [bounce2] [bounce2]

For some of us, its not about being "politically correct".

I genuinely consider it the correct thing to do

If your kid is gay you would rather they were ostracised, punished, and treated as some sort of leper?

Like it or not, society moves forward - once upon a time, women weren't considered capable of voting, black men were slaves, and much much more - you think acceptance of those changes also led to the fall of humanity?

You can call it "society moves forward" but certainly not me....

What if my kids become gay? Certainly I'll be angry and sad. As to whether he will be treated like a plague or not, that's his consequence for the action he takes.

So, suppose now marriage with animals is still highly a taboo or disallowed now. However, as years goes by, more and more people does it and acceptance slowly creeps in. You call that progress? I certainly don't think so. There is a line to be drawn.

But that's just me lah.....

Turbocharged

You can call it "society moves forward" but certainly not me....

What if my kids become gay? Certainly I'll be angry and sad. As to whether he will be treated like a plague or not, that's his consequence for the action he takes.

So, suppose now marriage with animals is still highly a taboo or disallowed now. However, as years goes by, more and more people does it and acceptance slowly creeps in. You call that progress? I certainly don't think so. There is a line to be drawn.

But that's just me lah.....

What you're doing is called argumentum ad absurdum and isn't even worth addressing.

I'd also ask you - so what else are you willing to abandon your kids over? Choosing the wrong religion? The wrong race for a spouse? The wrong job?

What you're doing is called argumentum ad absurdum and isn't even worth addressing.

I'd also ask you - so what else are you willing to abandon your kids over? Choosing the wrong religion? The wrong race for a spouse? The wrong job?

Did I say I'd abandon my son? No....

Anyway, yeah, say that I'm adsurd, whatever.... I stand by my point of view.....

Neutral Newbie

So what next? Legalise marriage with siblings (I dunno, it's probably already so)? or, god-forbidding, animals?

Being gay less and less taboo. Maybe people think sibling-sibling human-animal marriages are no longer taboo in future.

I only know that if my parents had been gays, I would not be here.... neither would my siblings... equality was not an issue at all.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Well, what is commonly accepted doesn't necessarily means it's the right thing to do.... That's basically my point.... -_-

As to how to judge what is right or wrong, only future will tell.... [:/]

This shall be my last post here. I respect the opinion of other and I also hope others respect mine.

Turbocharged

Such is the moral of this angmo nation..... [shakehead]

I am proud to be s Singaporean and despise such indecency.

You should take a look through the history of New Zealand if you wanna talk morals - considered the first nation in the world to give universal suffrage and probably the best record of race relations of any nation, amongst others.

On the other hand, certain leaders supported Eugenics - which we all know who also supported

Turbocharged

Being gay less and less taboo. Maybe people think sibling-sibling human-animal marriages are no longer taboo in future.

where does it stop?

from a moral and human values standpoint, same sex marriage is no different to, say, mom-son marriage.

i will do all i can to prevent this happening in sg.

Turbocharged

where does it stop?

from a moral and human values standpoint, same sex marriage is no different to, say, mom-son marriage.

i will do all i can to prevent this happening in sg.

How so?

Please explain the rationale?

Yup, me too..... To me this is a step toward to fall of humanity. -_-

People may think this is none of their business but some day, if it happens to your own loved ones, would you still think otherwise?

if yr loved one is gay, what has gay marriage got to do with it? so legalising gay marriage will lead to more gays?

the principle behind legalising it is not to spread a gay lifestyle. the principle is the same why ppl get married. to start a life together, raising kids etc. But yet heterosexual marriages are not foolproof. can't get along, divorce, fight over custody, adultery etc. so one must look at the principle behind the law.

↡ Advertisement