Gay Marriage Legalization?

Darryn

Not trying to be against gay, but against human nature here mean body. I am not good in english so i talk in my own way ah. Man got long long thing, then woman got one deep hole for that long long thing to put in. Eh u cannot put that long long thing into a-- as a-- is used to remove bowel.

I dont blame them but pls dun legalize the gay marriage in sg, that will do :D

FYI, some heterosexuals also practices anal sex because they enjoy it more compared to normal sex. So, back door sex ain't something only practiced by homosexuals.

↡ Advertisement

FYI, some heterosexuals also practices anal sex because they enjoy it more compared to normal sex. So, back door sex ain't something only practiced by homosexuals.

After backside then goes into hole, at least they goes into that hole lol

i also believe homosexuals are born the way they are, the software is wrong for the hardware. however, legalising it may promote a wrong value , worse the young and innocent ones may be misled into wrong path by unscrupulous influence.

I know they bo pian, cos its by genes, so they no choice

I can accept them but not accepting legalization of marriage. Marriage by definition is between a man and woman. Dont change the meaning of marriage, marriage will always be man with woman and not man with man or woman with woman.

i also believe homosexuals are born the way they are, the software is wrong for the hardware. however, legalising it may promote a wrong value , worse the young and innocent ones may be misled into wrong path by unscrupulous influence.

Plus 1 lol we can accept them but legalizing them like promoting them. Just like in holland whereby they legalize drugs consumption. End up more and more encouraged

Not in sg you don't

ROM voids marriage between same-sex couple
ST ILLUSTRATION: ADAM LEE
PUBLISHED
4 HOURS AGO
They married as man and woman but one later underwent sex change; family lawyers question registry's move

They wedded as man and wife in October 2015. In June last year, the man went for a sex change and updated the identity card to say "female". For eight months, they were a married same-sex couple here - until the marriage was voided in February.

It was one of three voided by the Registry of Marriages (ROM) to date, in a little-known proceeding that has caught family lawyers by surprise. The three unions were voided "for reasons including impersonation by one party", an ROM spokesman told The Straits Times.

He did not give more details.

The case of the same-sex couple was first reported by news site Quartz last month. The pair had booked an HDB Build-to-Order (BTO) flat and proceeded to inform the board last August of the sex change, which meant both were now women.

Get The Straits Times
newsletters in your inbox

The HDB then told them to wait. The matter stretched on for months as the authorities decided if the couple were legally married and if they were entitled to a subsidised flat meant for married couples.

In February, they were told that their marriage had been voided.

When asked about the case, the ROM spokesman told The Straits Times it could not share specific details of individual cases, citing privacy concerns, but noted that a marriage here must be between a man and a woman.

HEAR PARTIES OUT

I agree in terms of the validity that same-sex couples cannot get married and if they do, it is not recognised. But parties at the very least should be heard.

FAMILY LAWYER IVAN CHEONG

"Singapore law does not recognise a marriage where both parties are of the same sex. At the point of marriage, a couple must be man and woman, and must want to be and want to remain as man and woman in the marriage," he added.

If there are reasonable grounds for doubt, the ROM will review the facts and circumstances before deciding if a marriage is valid, he said.

With the marriage voided, the couple lost their BTO flat, reported Quartz. They ended up buying a flat under the Singles Scheme that was half the size of the one they initially booked, and cost $15,000 more as they did not have subsidies available to married couples, it said.

Family lawyers The Straits Times spoke to said that while Singapore laws make clear that there are no same-sex marriages here, they questioned the ROM's authority to void the marriage without going to court. A marriage of convenience, in contrast, has to be determined by a court that it is not a genuine marital relationship.

Family lawyer Sim Bock Eng said: "There is no requirement that parties must remain of the same gender throughout the marriage, nor is there any provision that such marriages (where parties undergo gender reassignment after marriage) are void."

Another family lawyer, Mr Ivan Cheong, said: "I agree in terms of the validity that same-sex couples cannot get married and if they do, it is not recognised. But parties at the very least should be heard."

Transgender people, however, can be married in Singapore - to someone of the opposite sex.

The ROM spokesman said: "According to Singapore law, a marriage is a union between a man and a woman."

There are no official figures for transgender Singaporeans who have married but some, such as Mr Deveshwar Sham, 32, are open about their situations.

The dog handler, who started a support group for transgender men, Kopitiam Brothers, married his wife in October last year after dating for six years.

Mr Sham had his sex reassignment surgery done in June last year. "I think it is a dream come true. It's hard for a relationship to last if you cannot get married," he said.

• Praise 1

I wonder what will happen if the couple had a child, then the husband went to potong, will ROM void the marraige still?

What happens to the child?

Threading on dangerous ground ROM...

• Praise 1

I wonder what will happen if the couple had a child, then the husband went to potong, will ROM void the marraige still?

really contentious and poor kid I personally feel

• Praise 1

i think the answer will be straight Void, and the child probably place under single parent care while the other half could become 'aunty'

If the child is very young, they probably dun understand and get confused.

I agree a straight void is best. Otherwise a very very grey area is left for ppl to exploit.

Personally legalisation is not my choice. Accepting these are fine by me. Perhaps I am confounded by the brief glimpse of me not even being created via a man and a woman union had my parents been gays. It is personally a daunting and sobering thought. BUT I am not against the happy union of these, just that I wonder what will happen to world population years ahead. I would be long dead and perhaps I should not bother?

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Why worry about world population? Aren't we overpopulated already?

Anyway, by the very nature of it, they have no chance to spread their genes so they are an evolutionary dead end.

Anyway, by the very nature of it, they have no chance to spread their genes so they are an evolutionary dead end.

If we are worried about population.

Then marriage should only be allowed AFTER a baby is produced... Or maybe 2.1 or whatever the replacement rate is.

• Praise 2

I think it has been discussed previously, let me summarize it as best as I can:

- Marriage is basically a legal document to allow you access to the pro-family benefits offered by the government of the day. They decide if your union is within their definition of "family".

- there is nothing to stop a gay couple from forming a strong union without a marriage certificate....just look at the contrary: the raising number of divorces in our society

- Religious marriage union is all about the union being accepted and recognized by the faith. Why force your faith to accept your union if it has already been stated with no uncertainty in religious books that gay marriage are frowned upon?

Maybe it is time to re-look if your faith is congruent with your inborn sexual tendencies.

Or do you really need a faith?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Please define human "nature". Isnt human nature to find love and acceptance which is one of the basic forms of human needs? I dont see any problem as long as the relationship between the two is real, monogamous and fulfilling. Another point is that everyone says that homosexuality is not "natural", but in the natural world, there are thousands of documented homosexual acts... so who defines what is human nature and what is natural and what is not?

i'm replying to an old post - just felt the urge to pose a question... Based on the reasoning, how should humans react if, say, a man wants to marry his sister, or mom or daughter?

Where should one draw the line if the arguments are based on the points in bold? (inbreeding is rife in nature too)

I agree a straight void is best. Otherwise a very very grey area is left for ppl to exploit.

Personally legalisation is not my choice. Accepting these are fine by me. Perhaps I am confounded by the brief glimpse of me not even being created via a man and a woman union had my parents been gays. It is personally a daunting and sobering thought. BUT I am not against the happy union of these, just that I wonder what will happen to world population years ahead. I would be long dead and perhaps I should not bother?

True but if the society has more and more policies and environment to not only accept, but promote and encourage them, then the overpopulation situation - which manifests only in some and not places - will in time to come not be a problem anymore. In fact, it will become under-populated and human beings might one day become history.

Supersonic

True but if the society has more and more policies and environment to not only accept, but promote and encourage them, then the overpopulation situation - which manifests only in some and not places - will in time to come not be a problem anymore. In fact, it will become under-populated and human beings might one day become history.

Why worry about overpopulation? The world will balance itself la. We are but a speck in this universe. 

Lucky the couple did not have a kid (just prior ) to sex change... if not cannot imagine what will happen??

↡ Advertisement