3rd party insurance claim

CMS

I was involved in an accident yesterday. I was going straight passing a junction and a NTUC comfort taxi who is going to turn right failed to give way to me, as a result, his right front corner rammed into my right car body. It was green light for both direction. TP came due to heavy traffic flow and oil leakage from the taxi and I also got hold of two witnessess who came forward. Subsequently my car was towed to IDAC for assessment. I was advised by my insurance company to make an insurance claims. They said its either I make a own damage claims or 3rd party claim.

Own damage claim - Not provided with courtesy car as it did not covered that in my Comprehensive Insurance coverage. But procedure is faster and they can reclaim the excess i forked out if I was found not to be at fault.

3rd party claim - IDAC find a workshop for me who can provide me with courtesy car and I dun have to fork out a single cent for the repair. They will do the 3rd party claim for me and the claiming process takes longer. I have to go through lawyer interview on the accounts of the accident.

If I am 100% sure I am NOT AT FAULT, do I still have to settle for a 50-50 or 90-10 negotiation??? Can I insist the taxi insurance company to pay all the repair costs??

Any bros can advise me which option is better??

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I hate it when it's always like that.

Stupid insurance company always ask you to pay first even when it's not my fault.

No choice I turned to CROCODILE workshop.

Settled everything for me.

No need to fork out a cent too + got courtesy car.

• Praise 1

Never file a claim against your own policy unless you are damn sure you are at fault. (eg you bang pple backside) cos even in the event that you are found eventually that you are not at fault, your NCB will be reinstated BUT record will show that you fill a Own Damaged Claim and it will effect your premium when you renew. Needless to say, your NCB will be gone if its found that its your fault.

Ok back to your case, it would be best to speak to another workshop that does 3rd party claims. As yours is a side to side impact, its not a clear cut case. Not all workshop will wanna accept this. Be warn that some workshop who wants the business will you NO PROBLEM but they will ask you to sign a indemnity letter (all workshop will to protect their backside) stating that in the event that you lose the case, you will be liable for the cost of repairing your car.

Some WS won't care cos they have this letter as their backup...they file in a claim against the taxi company and fail, they will just recover the money from you. Either way they will get their money.

Best is make sure the workshop is sincere...if you want you can PM me and I pass you a number that you can call to check. This WS help me to file a claim that I was involved in...a chain accident N I was the first car. My case was front brake..I brake in time but stupid car behind did not make it and bang me...I bang taxi in front and taxi bang a Merc.

I say good cos my NCB not effected at all I do not have to fork out a single cent for the repair.

Whatever you do...don't claim against your own policy until you have gotten 2nd opinion other than your own insurance company.

• Praise 1

Stupid insurance company always ask you to pay first even when it's not my fault.

Its ok to turn to other WS to repair...but do you know what they meant by CROCODILE WS ??

Croc WS are those that inflate the claims...in fact some of the CWS are the ones who stage accidents. Some worst will cause more damage to your car so that they can inflate the repair bills.

Best is not to let any workshop to repair for you...at least somebody must know them and recommend to you. Some WS to max their profit margin will even use USED PARTS and claim as new.

Neutral Newbie

Its ok to turn to other WS to repair...but do you know what they meant by CROCODILE WS ??

Croc WS are those that inflate the claims...in fact some of the CWS are the ones who stage accidents. Some worst will cause more damage to your car so that they can inflate the repair bills.

Best is not to let any workshop to repair for you...at least somebody must know them and recommend to you. Some WS to max their profit margin will even use USED PARTS and claim as new.

is it normal for the workshop to use reconditioned parts? or is it decided by the surveyor?

• Praise 1

Never file a claim against your own policy unless you are damn sure you are at fault. (eg you bang pple backside) cos even in the event that you are found eventually that you are not at fault, your NCB will be reinstated BUT record will show that you fill a Own Damaged Claim and it will effect your premium when you renew. Needless to say, your NCB will be gone if its found that its your fault.

Ok back to your case, it would be best to speak to another workshop that does 3rd party claims. As yours is a side to side impact, its not a clear cut case. Not all workshop will wanna accept this. Be warn that some workshop who wants the business will you NO PROBLEM but they will ask you to sign a indemnity letter (all workshop will to protect their backside) stating that in the event that you lose the case, you will be liable for the cost of repairing your car.

Some WS won't care cos they have this letter as their backup...they file in a claim against the taxi company and fail, they will just recover the money from you. Either way they will get their money.

Best is make sure the workshop is sincere...if you want you can PM me and I pass you a number that you can call to check. This WS help me to file a claim that I was involved in...a chain accident N I was the first car. My case was front brake..I brake in time but stupid car behind did not make it and bang me...I bang taxi in front and taxi bang a Merc.

I say good cos my NCB not effected at all I do not have to fork out a single cent for the repair.

Whatever you do...don't claim against your own policy until you have gotten 2nd opinion other than your own insurance company.

Bro its not side to side but head to side collision. Its just the damage on the taxi is somewhere near to its front right corner. If this is still not a clear cut taxi fault, I dunno what to say liao.

By the way, I presumed NTUC comfort taxi is insured by NTUC Income right??

I was involved in an accident yesterday. I was going straight passing a junction and a NTUC comfort taxi who is going to turn right failed to give way to me, as a result, his right front corner rammed into my right car body. It was green light for both direction. TP came due to heavy traffic flow and oil leakage from the taxi and I also got hold of two witnessess who came forward. Subsequently my car was towed to IDAC for assessment. I was advised by my insurance company to make an insurance claims. They said its either I make a own damage claims or 3rd party claim.

Own damage claim - Not provided with courtesy car as it did not covered that in my Comprehensive Insurance coverage. But procedure is faster and they can reclaim the excess i forked out if I was found not to be at fault.

3rd party claim - IDAC find a workshop for me who can provide me with courtesy car and I dun have to fork out a single cent for the repair. They will do the 3rd party claim for me and the claiming process takes longer. I have to go through lawyer interview on the accounts of the accident.

If I am 100% sure I am NOT AT FAULT, do I still have to settle for a 50-50 or 90-10 negotiation??? Can I insist the taxi insurance company to pay all the repair costs??

1st.question: The Taxi hit your car right-side and must not into your car frontage ?

2nd.question: Both your witness made their statements in your favour and must not related with you ?

3rd.question: Did you capture the accident scene in your dashboard video camera ?

If the above are "ALL YES" then you may proceed claiming him 100% compensations with courtesy car [nod]

You may PM me in case you need motor claim advises further, I'm willing to show you all my previous 3rd.party claimed without spending 1 cent on my part.

Regards.

Bro its not side to side but head to side collision. Its just the damage on the taxi is somewhere near to its front right corner. If this is still not a clear cut taxi fault, I dunno what to say liao.

By the way, I presumed NTUC comfort taxi is insured by NTUC Income right??

They are insured by India International Insurance Pte Ltd now

• Praise 1

if the taxi is insured by Income, gd luck. They are well known to be very neow. If u claim against Income, they will scruntise all parts changed and would try ways and means to depress the costs of repair. Workshops hate to deal with Income.

Is it nearNTU

It is because of many inflated claims, so blame it on those people who inflate the claim.

hi TS, not sure if my case can be a reference for you;

my car was rear end by another car last year december. did third party claim, came with courtesy car, workshop did repair and settled claims for me, i did not fork out any cash on my side. This year March received lawyer letter to inform me about the claims and update me their procedures through recorded phone call and mailed me hardcopy of our tele conversation subsequently... lawyer told me will take at least another 6 months... if other party insurer don't agree with the claimed amount, then will "fight" in court, blar blar.

p.s. Lawyer says less than $2k claims, normally will be agreeable.

With 2 favorable witness on your side, i believe the ball is in your court, good luck dude!

Edited by Turboguy
  • Praise 1

Tell you my story.

Got whack by a huge Semcorp lorry at Sembawang.

My driver side door got crushed with me sitting inside.

Nearly died that day.

Car was pushed by the lorry up the curb.

Was in a daze and didn't know what to do.

Called my workshop but the tow truck was stuck in traffic.

Suddenly 2 guys appeared out of nowhere and asked me for details.

After hearing, they immedaitely told me that they are confident that I am not at fault after seeing the pictures.

Recommended me to repair at their workshop.

They will pay FULL for me even if they cannot claim.

Gave me a company letter to back it up.

Everything went well.

They repaired the car for me and gave me courtesy car for 5 days.

No need to talk to stupid insurer.

P.S

I think they were crocodile WS in the past.

Nowadays much harder to inflate claims.

Tell you my story.

Got whack by a huge Semcorp lorry at Sembawang.

My driver side door got crushed with me sitting inside.

Nearly died that day.

Car was pushed by the lorry up the curb.

Was in a daze and didn't know what to do.

Called my workshop but the tow truck was stuck in traffic.

Suddenly 2 guys appeared out of nowhere and asked me for details.

After hearing, they immedaitely told me that they are confident that I am not at fault after seeing the pictures.

Recommended me to repair at their workshop.

They will pay FULL for me even if they cannot claim.

Gave me a company letter to back it up.

Everything went well.

They repaired the car for me and gave me courtesy car for 5 days.

No need to talk to stupid insurer.

P.S

I think they were crocodile WS in the past.

Nowadays much harder to inflate claims.

Yes nowadays is harder to inflate claim due to more drivers using in-car video recorder. I hope more drivers will see it as a benefit of install in car DVR and get rid of those who is the black sheep that keep inflate claims. Make them feel it's not worth to inflate due to too many in car video camera around and the moment they inflate it, very fast they will be caught.

Edited by Yewheng