Water pipes creating loud noise

Babyt

the waterpipes at home is making loud constant 'duuuu' noise when we turn on tap, flush toilet, use washing machine. it sounds like as if its going to vibrate and burst.

ended up we cannot turn on the water volume too fast n too much to avoid the sound.

what can I do? sld I call town council or HDB or PUB? Will adjusting water valve works?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

maybe 1 of the area of the pipe needs to put 1 extra clip.

check which area that is not hold tight by the clip.

have this problem too...

this only happen when certain tapes are open fully...

(esp those pipe that have multiple tape along the same pipe)

the waterpipes at home is making loud constant 'duuuu' noise when we turn on tap, flush toilet, use washing machine. it sounds like as if its going to vibrate and burst.

ended up we cannot turn on the water volume too fast n too much to avoid the sound.

what can I do? sld I call town council or HDB or PUB? Will adjusting water valve works?

Sounds like air lock.

Try on all yr taps full fr awhile to flush out e air trapped inside n see how.

Neutral Newbie

Sounds like air lock.

Try on all yr taps full fr awhile to flush out e air trapped inside n see how.

+1.

Incoming water supply' pressure could be too high. If so, reduce the opening at the control valve.

Do the same thing to isolating valves at each supply point should also helps.

It is called water hammer effect. Studied before in uni. But can't remembered what's the theory behind. You may google water hammer effect

call your plumber

they will know wat to do

I think its the resonance effect of the pipe and the water flow frequency.

You can try reducing or increasing the water flow at the main level control

• Praise 3

I thought water pipe noises are the cause of the marble falling noises in HDB.

Anyway, for your issue, it depends on which part of the pipe that is causing the noise. HDB sometimes will say the issue if caused by upstairs. Quite leychey.

Suggest you source around for any friends who knows plumping or piping.

I suggest you call your own plumber to investigate. Could be caused by faulty fittings. Dont think it's under the purview of PUB nor town council.

I had the same problem before.

I adjusted the main valve and each control valve, especially the valve to the cistern. High pressure causes very loud noise!

Turbocharged

It happened in my house before. The problem was solved after changing a leaking tap

Yap, that the usual cause of it.... happen to mine also..... leaking tap.... once change, sound gone... that is $$$ spend, problem solved... <_<

The reason for the adjust of the water pressure is to avoid the resonance.

So if main water control is set to high , inner water control have to set lower.

or vise verse. This is to basically trying to avoid the resonance freq betw the

water flow and the pipe. Of course this is assuming there is no other problem eg

leaking or some connecting pipe are loose.etc. Another possiblility is that you

have some area where pipe holders are too far apart .

This is what I experiences. If doesnt help , then got to get the expert Mario :-)

• Praise 4

and to ease the loud constant sound, the only way is to turn on the tap to let the water flow when the sound is created from flushing toilet.

when the washing machine is drawing water from pipe, the toilet tap will leak water by itself and u have to turn off it and the sound will disappear.

Neutral Newbie

Same problem + leaking. Called a plumber last week and he said it is due to the taps' internal structure. Changed the taps and all problems gone.

↡ Advertisement