Vellfire/Alphard Owners.. Come in..

VellfireS

for Alphard/Vellfire owners, will you guys switch over to conti? eg. VW multivan or similar..

will you guys consider customisable options as well?

↡ Advertisement

The first generation Elgrand looks very boxy so I ruled it out quite early even though I found its swivel rear seats very handy (which were discontinued in the second generation Elgrand).

The second generation Elgrand surprisingly has a smaller cabin compared to the Alphards/Vellfires so that was crossed out of my list too.

The Vellfires that were available then were all seven-seaters so they were not suitable (I needed eight-seaters).

Most of the Alphards that were on the market then were also seven-seaters. I happened to come across a fairly new eight-seater that was in great condition, low mileage and the dealer was open to taking my Presage in for a fair price.

I'm guessing you have 5 kids?

I'm actually lamenting the fact that the presage has been discontinued. Wondering what I will be replacing it with come 2018.

What made you opt for the Alphard instead of the Vellfire or Elgrand?

Wow, I was there for a staycation too a few weeks back and chanced upon the same fleet at Festive Hotel. [laugh]

Saw a RWS' fleet of Alphards/ VF when I did a staycation some weeks back.

For me, having eight seats is essential so there aren't many suitable continental MPV models.

The only conti-MPV that has eight seats is MB Viano but dropped it because of its uncanny resemblance to the commercial Vito (same platform).

for Alphard/Vellfire owners, will you guys switch over to conti? eg. VW multivan or similar..

I went to view Sharan , Galaxy. And Viano. Nah.. none gave me the appeal like the Vellfire

Saw a RWS' fleet of Alphards/ VF when I did a staycation some weeks back.

Yupps. All white ones. Hahaha

Turbocharged

Elgrand really no power so many ppl choose not to buy elgrand due to no power. Tested drive the car feel very sluggish and hard to accelerate. Alphard 2.4 has more power and 3.5 will be superb.

No wonder I don't see that many Elgrands on the road.

Turbocharged

The first generation Elgrand looks very boxy so I ruled it out quite early even though I found its swivel rear seats very handy (which were discontinued in the second generation Elgrand).

The second generation Elgrand surprisingly has a smaller cabin compared to the Alphards/Vellfires so that was crossed out of my list too.

The Vellfires that were available then were all seven-seaters so they were not suitable (I needed eight-seaters).

Most of the Alphards that were on the market then were also seven-seaters. I happened to come across a fairly new eight-seater that was in great condition, low mileage and the dealer was open to taking my Presage in for a fair price.

I see. I guess I will turn to the estima or Alphard then as the presage is out of production and Elgrand cabin is small.

Do you know if the estima comes with only 2 airbags? I check sgcarmart and it listed 2 airbags but Borneo's previa has multiple airbags.

Surprising since Borneo's Wish also has multiple airbags.

I went to view Sharan , Galaxy. And Viano. Nah.. none gave me the appeal like the Vellfire

yes, true.

that is also why the asian MPVs like Previa, Estima, Alphard, Vellfire are all so successful in this region.

The conti ones are way too similar to commercial vehicles..

but just to add-on...in terms of practicality and functionality, i would think that conti MPVs might have an edge here..

I drive a 06 Alphard n is enjoying my ride very much. Never ever tot of replacing with a conti MPV. Not reliable!!!

Lai lai lai. Join the Alphard owners club on the official forum. Looking at doing a meet up pretty soon..

• Praise 1

yes, true.

that is also why the asian MPVs like Previa, Estima, Alphard, Vellfire are all so successful in this region.

The conti ones are way too similar to commercial vehicles..

Hahahaah. Agreed. Except. The biggest conti MPV I know of and driven.. is the R Class.. the rest. The Transporter , Viano.. all too van like..

I see. I guess I will turn to the estima or Alphard then as the presage is out of production and Elgrand cabin is small.

Do you know if the estima comes with only 2 airbags? I check sgcarmart and it listed 2 airbags but Borneo's previa has multiple airbags.

Surprising since Borneo's Wish also has multiple airbags.

You want more stable ride.. Estima.

You want more comfort.. and a atas look.. Alphard.

You are a young playboy. With many chicks.. then Vellfire. Oops.. [laugh]:wub:

• Praise 1