COE 2nd bidding April 2013

Kar_lover

Looked up and down but didn't find anyone starting this regular topic although COE is closing tomorrow. Everybody lost interest already?

So anyway I shall do the honours :)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Looked up and down but didn't find anyone starting this regular topic although COE is closing tomorrow. Everybody lost interest already?

So anyway I shall do the honours :)

Likely both down but not much since this is to clear the previous orders prior to plugging of loppholes.

My take: Cat A - 55k - 58k

Cat B - 62 - 65k

Likely both down but not much since this is to clear the previous orders prior to plugging of loppholes.

Cat B - 62 - 65k

Yep I think will be within $3k of previous COE.

According to an SE that I spoke to, he says that there are 300+ cat A COE backlog... which imho, isnt much. One more round of bidding should be able to clear this backlog. I think that the COE for both categories will come down by a good 10k to 20k, and see a further drop after this round.

Hopefully, 20k COE will be upon us again before end of this year.

Not lost interest, cause many people now waiting for 2014 coe that predict to drop. So i guess the coe now dont think will drop sharply.

Edited by 13177

loopholes after loopholes ... how many holes to plug? [laugh]

Cat B - 62 - 65k

I'm thinking it might drop sharply this round...showrooms were pretty quiet this past fortnight.

they only need 1 highest bid to push up the all the price..

some 2nd hand car traders may not wanna see heavy loss to their stock, will need to bid 1 high COE to substance their car price in the inventory

I'm thinking it might drop sharply this round...showrooms were pretty quiet this past fortnight.

When the coe was around 90K plus, showroom also quite quiet. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Seems like a quiet weekend at new car showrooms. On the contrary, used car sales have been brisk...

COE should drop to 40+K by Jun after the backlogs are cleared.

some 2nd hand car traders may not wanna see heavy loss to their stock, will need to bid 1 high COE to substance their car price in the inventory

COE price is based on lowest sucessful bid and not based on highest bid, so 1 bid might not be able to change so much.

Neutral Newbie

COE price is based on lowest sucessful bid and not based on highest bid, so 1 bid might not be able to change so much.

hmm.. how does it work?

Seems like a quiet weekend at new car showrooms. On the contrary, used car sales have been brisk...

COE should drop to 40+K by Jun after the backlogs are cleared.

Seems like the backlogs are never able to clear. There is always backlogs in every coe bidding, regardless how much the coe is?!

According to an SE that I spoke to, he says that there are 300+ cat A COE backlog... which imho, isnt much. One more round of bidding should be able to clear this backlog. I think that the COE for both categories will come down by a good 10k to 20k, and see a further drop after this round.

Hopefully, 20k COE will be upon us again before end of this year.

The 300+ order backlog is from one AD, which there are like 5major brands around.. but all these orders will expire by end May... Which those with or without successful COE will have the pre Cooling Measure sales agreement void... Then will see market price for Coe from new buyers that will be 40-50% loan max.

Not really true.. if there are 300 CarB, and there are 600 bids, the price of CatB Coe will be determined by the bid price of the top 300 bidders, or more specifically, the number 300 bid price. The next 300 will not get, the top 300 will all get but based on #300 pricing.

Neutral Newbie

I dun think the COE can drop so much like 10K, 20K...

The lowest for Cat A should be 57-60K. Then it will eventually go up again.

U guys never notice that Cat A is never cheaper than Cat C.

Now Cat C is 56K+ already. That should be the bottom line of Cat A.

If one day Cat A get close to Cat C, some small Van owners will go for a car instead.

not true ...

the highest bidder does not set the coe price

the lowest bidder of the allocated quota did ... having said that the floor price for the coe is more or less pre-determined liao when AD got their orders as coe price is already agreed upon in the car price

if coe rebate is set at $70K means AD has no mercy to bid above $70K to secure the coe

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement