• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
57 replies to this topic | 151 praises

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

New rule wef 14 April '13, overlimit fee of $40 will be imposed if the total o/s balance exceeds the credit limit at any time.

Saw this in the "Specially for you" page which people normally don't read/pay attention to. sleep.gif
Little_prince praised this

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

Cheesepiekia
  • Premium member
    Cheesepiekia
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Okay noted with thanks.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

Verve
  • Verve
    5th Gear
    Author Image

forget about using credit cards lah if u worry about all these fees which many banks always practice .cash is always king

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

if that the limit is reach, why approve the transaction in the first place?
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Alpha78
  • Premium member
    Alpha78
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I think they will approve transactions up to your credit limit. But if you don't pay, and the interest rolls till the combined outstanding exceeds your credit limit, this fee will apply.
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

no worries coz never exceed credit limit...
quite scary if 1 actually exceeds the credit limit..i find banks give credit quite generous..
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Tarquin
  • Premium member
    Tarquin
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

If like this then I must inform the bank...I'm one or maybe a few of people that when my cc is approved I call the bank to change the credit limit to 1-1.5k only (specially the DBS Esso I only use for petrol)...so that each month always have clean sheet...but always have a tendency to "undercalculate" and if need additional limit within the month I just give the bank a call again to increase a bit..if I need to use more, most of the time in front of the cashier already huh.gif malu..yes, but on odd times cannot I just do online bank payment and about 5-10mins can use again...hehehe...agree I'm cheap skate..

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if that the limit is reach, why approve the transaction in the first place?

Reckon that it's for those borderline transaction which cause it to exceed the credit limit. Hence, $40 charge.

Need to be more mindful especially when charging big ticket items. Otherwise, most of the time, it does not affect most people. That's where this "trap" comes in as you tend to forget there's such a overlimit charge.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Hosaybo
  • Premium member
    Hosaybo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

call and ask for wavier.... if not cancel card loh......

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Alpha78
  • Premium member
    Alpha78
    6th Gear
    Author Image

To be fair, POSB/DBS have the easiest waiver system around. Credit card annual subscription waivers over the phone are automated and get approved within seconds.

I have ever forgotten to pay my bill, consisting of 2 instalment charges, and didn't realize until I received the next statement. Still managed to get the late charges waived.

Credit card is big business. Every bank wants you to spend using their card. If they don't want to waive the charges, take your business elsewhere.

OT, I wonder why AMEX has not gone out of business? They almost never give free annual subscriptions.
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Jimmylim
  • Premium member
    Jimmylim
    4th Gear
    Author Image

if one is to kena such fee, then one should really seriously relook into how he/she manage his/her finance... good luck.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

If like this then I must inform the bank...I'm one or maybe a few of people that when my cc is approved I call the bank to change the credit limit to 1-1.5k only (specially the DBS Esso I only use for petrol)...so that each month always have clean sheet...but always have a tendency to "undercalculate" and if need additional limit within the month I just give the bank a call again to increase a bit..if I need to use more, most of the time in front of the cashier already huh.gif malu..yes, but on odd times cannot I just do online bank payment and about 5-10mins can use again...hehehe...agree I'm cheap skate..

ya man... certain bank sibeh hiong.. they give up to 10x monthly limit.. imagine if you lose that card sweatdrop.gif bigcry.gif

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Arowana1
  • Arowana1
    5th Gear
    Author Image

lim·it

/ˈlimit/

Noun
A point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass.

How can we possibly exceed limit?

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

Lamzh87
  • Premium member
    Lamzh87
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Nowadays banks even encourage you to review and increase your credit limit

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

OT, I wonder why AMEX has not gone out of business? They almost never give free annual subscriptions.

have. mine free.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Yattokame
  • Premium member
    Yattokame
    6th Gear
    Author Image

ya man... certain bank sibeh hiong.. they give up to 10x monthly limit.. imagine if you lose that card sweatdrop.gif bigcry.gif

wah.... which bank? 10X. I don't mind having one.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Tarquin
  • Premium member
    Tarquin
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Loose card is ok...easily call and cancel...anyway, they'd be happy to give you another one...errr..maybe 3 more haha..

But 10x limit don't want...don't want to fool myself for being "rich" when I'm not laugh.gif , 1.5k credit limit enough for me hehehe..

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

wah.... which bank? 10X. I don't mind having one.

scb... initially received i thought they made a mistake. speechless.gif
called the cso then confirmed it was correct. i later asked them to lower it to 1k.. since it was not my main card..
imagine some fraudster cloned/used it to the max.. then i pok dead.gif

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

Bavarian
Never understand the logic of spending $2 when a person has $1.

If a person earning $4k hits his credit limit, how long does it take to repay back? I would be impress if he can manage $1k a month. And that is for ONE card. Most people have more than one.

Credit limits should instead be 20 or 30% of annual income but if like that, who needs credit cards?
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Credit card is for you to manage your spending, not going on shopping spree.

Although pay has increased throughout the years, have not requested POSB/DBS to increase credit limit. It's mainly because we don't normally need it. But, there will be few occasions when you need to charge big ticket items.

Now that this overlimit fee is imposed, better be more mindful. That's all.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Watch, POSB, credit, card, credit and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users