Watch your POSB/DBS credit card credit limit

Kangadrool

Actually I'm surprised that given our strict Central Bank and regulations here, banks can be so blatantly giving unsecured credit limits beyond the guidelines. Something is seriously wrong here.

Last time I even heard that the regulators were even thinking of getting Credit Bureau (I think?) to

consolidate the credit limit a person is allowed so you can't be getting 10 different Credit Cards at 2x you monthly pay meaning you shouldn't have an unsecured credit limit at 20x or whatever but instead be only entitled to 2x your monthly pay regardless of the no. of credit cards you have but not sure what happened to this initiative.

I belief these peoples are those rated 'A' who never once kiam seow. Every month promptly paid the bill.

So they are not afraid to give you a higher credit.... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

I doubt they will give it to those who only pay the minimum every month.... :evilish:

↡ Advertisement

if credit is a+ rating which is the highest rating can get high credit limit and faster loan processing too

Continue from old thread...banks are indeed generous with credit, I don't think I will spend that much.

qxj3lt.jpg

Hee hee u must be super high income earner.... ;)

You even roll over your credit card debts interest free by charging it into your next credit card. Next month, charge it to another credit card..............

Can don't pay anot? [laugh]

Ya I heard people doing this but don't know how they do it cos I thought most credit cards don't allow you to use their card to settle another.

I belief these peoples are those rated 'A' who never once kiam seow. Every month promptly paid the bill.

So they are not afraid to give you a higher credit.... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

I doubt they will give it to those who only pay the minimum every month.... :evilish:

Think you are right on this but nevertheless a rule is a rule so it should be enforced strictly.

2x monthly salary and not a cent more!

• Praise 3

Ya I heard people doing this but don't know how they do it cos I thought most credit cards don't allow you to use their card to settle another.

Think you are right on this but nevertheless a rule is a rule so it should be enforced strictly.

2x monthly salary and not a cent more!

2x monthly salary is just a rules from MAS to curb those who like to spend above their means.

If a bank can trust a customer, its up to the bank to give the cedit limit. Nowadays, bank would like you to pay by GIRO payment to your bank account and if you have a healthy bank account, they sure give you the excess credit...... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Praise 1

if credit is a+ rating which is the highest rating can get high credit limit and faster loan processing too

Hee hee u must be super high income earner.... ;)

I do 5 person's job mah.

I do 5 person's job mah.

Hee hee....got so good lobang....I also wanna join u....got vacancy or not...

Kkekkeeeee

• Praise 1

see my friend can use his card to pay for a new jap car, no need to loan.

attachicon.gifIMG_2442.JPG

Wow, super😄👍

But don't tink agent will accept full payment by CC. They will hv to pay 2 to 3% to bank.

• Praise 2

attachicon.gifIMG_2442.JPG

I think what is shown here is his card has a credit limit of $120000.

But did he really use it to pay for the car? 

If he did , that really sounds good. Because I know CIMB card also gives cash rebate on expenditure. (0.2% to 1%)

But if he did, please let us know which car dealer or AD. 

When I was at the car showroom, SE say only the deposit can use credit card, nothing else. :( 

IMG_2442.JPG

Goon hang kee siao

If he did , that really sounds good. Because I know CIMB card also gives cash rebate on expenditure. (0.2% to 1%)

When I was at the car showroom, SE say only the deposit can use credit card, nothing else. :(

Deposit the whole car money lor :XD:
  • Praise 1

standard policy is only can pay deposit of 10k with CC mah.

AD also not stupid. Who wants to pay 2% fees to visa/mastercard lol.

• Praise 1

I also think only deposit can use credit card, the remaining balance can only use cheque or cash to pay.

• Praise 1

Deposit also got limit...some AD 10K...some 10.7K max. the rest of the deposit got to pay with cheque/cash/transfer.

I also think only deposit can use credit card, the remaining balance can only use cheque or cash to pay.

• Praise 1

Say a retiree age 60 no more working.

But have 4-5 mil in the bank.

Will the bank still issue credit card to this guy ????

Edited by Hiphiphoray

i think if he has 4-5mil cash sitting in the bank.... all the banks will invite him to take their invitation only premium card.....

and limit is prob in the range of 4-5mil as well... :D

Yes, surely can. I heard you just need the deposit as collateral. Probably put in a fixed deposit with them.

With 4-5 mil probably will give you platinum card. :) 

↡ Advertisement